Mystery of Outpost 79 Turn 3

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Mystery of Outpost 79 Turn 3

Post by Ben-Jammin » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:17 am

Calvarians: Natalya

The Tempests open fire on the Archers again, doing heavy damage and knocking off two more structure points. Thankfully its weapons systems remained intact.

However, the front canopy is almost completely gone. The pilot is exposed, but not fully, and managed to survive the blast. The machine gun is also intact.

Katrina and her men continue their moves, while the officer calls for backup with his helmet radio.

Shortly after, a team of Calvarian scouts arrives on the field, riding trikes. One of them is armed with an anti-material rifle.

Kuragin Republic: mgb519

The Squire opens fire on the first Tempest, but its armor absorbs most of the blast. The Archer also attempted to fire, but a computer malfunction prevented it from firing any missiles.

Getting desperate, the Kuragin troops go full-auto on the dirt in an attempt to create a dust cloud to obscure their enemies' vision. The attempt fails due to some weapon jams, but the Calvarian soldier who bailed from the Lightning is killed by the cross-fire.

With the tactical beer strike not working as well as planned, the Kuragin hero gets another idea. He inserts a CD into the computer station's comm channel, and soon afterward, terrifying country music tracks such as Cotton-Eyed Joe and Red Solo Cup begin playing loudly throughout the Kuragin outpost. Though intending to kill or deafen the aliens with the dreadful tunes, the music doesn't travel as far, but it did succeed in inspiring the Kuragin troops (+1 to skill for 1d6 turns).

Though the music didn't harm the aliens, the flak turret did. A burst from the high-caliber guns kills two aliens.

Aliens: NapalmKing

After tossing down another tree, the aliens leave their makeshift base and charge at the Calvarians. No one got any kills, but the blue guy with pistols managed to knock a hit point off of the Heavy trooper.

One of the alien heroes jumps on top of the tower and fires at the flak turret gunner with his sniper rifle. He hits, but the damage isn't enough for a kill.

The Horrifying Undead: Thesson

A band of skellies charges at the Squire and attempts to butcher the tank with their spears and swords. Sadly, they fail to realize that tanks are made of metal, and do only one point of structure damage.

A few skeletons run into the house for cover, while the mage and the spider move up from the rest of the skellies. The mage attempted to use a spell to damage the tank, but was out of range. Many skeletons had their moves shortened by the group that was attacking the tank, causing them all to get bunched up.

In the midst of the gunfire and chaos, however, a low rumbling noise can be heard in the distance, until its audibility grows and reveals:

SECRET FACTION ACTIVATED!

Dragari Commonwealth Troops: heavyfishcannon

Two massive Dragari trucks pull up beside the Kuragin flak cannon. A pair of troops in the smaller jeep fire at the gunner, but fail to kill him.

The gunner on the assault truck's heavy machine gun fires at the alien hero, managing to knock off a hit point and knock him over.

Send in turn 4 orders.

Thesson
Cannon Fodder

Re: Mystery of Outpost 79 Turn 3

Post by Thesson » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:40 am

Oh yeah.... THIS IS VERY BAD!

darkpaladin
Officer

Post by darkpaladin » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:56 am

i don't check the forums for one day AND I MISSED OUT ON AN EPIC BATTLE :no:
anyway :sparta:

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:57 am

Cool battle, but if you wanted to make their ears bleed, you should've used wubstep.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:44 am

Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Legofighter
Officer

Post by Legofighter » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:18 am

TOTAL OSSUMNESS!
From the frigid cold of Canada, -40 year long.