Mega Blok

Re: Monster Fighters Released

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:39 am

Wow. That would be perfect to have in the middle of a Brikwar.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:39 am

Hmmmm. $180 is a bit steep though.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:21 am

I think so too, but I think it still looks pretty cool. I'm not entirely interested in the Monster Fighters theme but if I had the chance to purchase the haunted house I wouldn't miss it.

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Over 2000 pieces for under $200? You're getting Cafe Corner-level price ratios in an action theme. That's something you don't see very often anymore.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

The Black Rabbit
Champion
Champion

Post by The Black Rabbit » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:26 pm

The arms on the Bat minifigs are pretty intresting. I don't know if i like them as they seem kinda useless.

Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Post by Insert_blank » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:06 am

I want all the ghosts. I saw a ghost polybag on brickipedia and i will buy the shit out of that if I see it. Ghost army is the best. The train looks awesome and I love the Vampire castle too.
Just Monika

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:50 am

Yeah, the ghostclock is the best small set in a while, I want it simply for display. Not so keen on the new ghost design, I preferred the old 'smiling like a sociopath' look.

Furthermore, I LOVE how much glow in dark pieces this line is giving to us!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:48 am

Yeah. It got me thinking o how I could have a Brikwars battle in the dark. I think the only way is to get Glow in the Dark armor from Brickforge.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

IX_Legion
Minifig

Post by IX_Legion » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:02 am

I saw that the LOTR sets were out. It made my day.

Then I found these. It made my century. :lol:

I've got the hearse & the castle, and some more are coming soon (Bday/Manly Santa Day). They're both flat-out epic. I like the steampunk feel, too.
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:43 pm

With the upcoming release of the Haunted House, this is the only line ever that I actually want all the sets. This theme's amazing. I'm going to make an order tonight for some of the Swamp Monster sets. <3 <3 <3
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

BrikSaber
Hero

Post by BrikSaber » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:26 am

>Not a big fan of some of the goofyness, but I can always modify that out. The Haunted House looks well done, though, so I MIGHT pick that up. Also, the ghosts... :mrgreen:
Those would make great Klansmen...
Human filth.

morganm
Dimmy

Post by morganm » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:51 am

aoffan23 wrote:Over 2000 pieces for under $200? You're getting Cafe Corner-level price ratios in an action theme. That's something you don't see very often anymore.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Puts you in the $.08 / piece range which is honestly not bad.

This is the coolest set of the product line IMHO... with the castle right behind it. I like all of the minifigures but some of the sets are just not my thing.

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:25 pm

I's like to bring up one aspect of this line that angers me.

(Rant incoming, skip if not interested)

I want you to take a look at this set:
This set looks like a good way to pick up some interesting elements for a pretty low price. You get a GITD skeleton horse, some dark brown slopes, some dark tan round corners, small brown wagon wheels, dark red jumper plates, a nougat log piece, some brown curved plates.... Holy shit, that's a lot of colours. Seriously, why did the chariot alone have to have 10 different colours on it? It just looks like a cobbled mess. They already produce the log piece in dark brown, brown AND dark tan, but instead they choose to throw in one nougat piece? And then there's the tan plate on the bottom, which could have been replaced by almost any of the colours on the chariot. It would've looked a lot less stupid if they had replaced the slopes and log piece with brown ones, and used a light grey bushing on the helicopter instead of a bright freaking red one, and changed the white lever base piece to blue. It's just such a clusterfuck.

This is a problem that's plagued small sets for a while now, but that one seems like they were trying to make it look like shit. There's also the random sand green clip plate in the swamp creature set, the dark brown and dark tan slopes on the tree in the Endor battle pack (that set has issues other than colours, but I won't go into that right now), and almost all of the Friends sets. I personally think the biggest mistake Lego made on the Friends line isn't the figures, it's the fuckton of pink, blue, yellow, white, green, turquoise and purple the cram into every set. They seem to think that the only way to attract girls to their sets is to make the sets as flashy as possible, without giving a damn about how they actually look. For example: Emma's Splash Pool has a perfectly good colour scheme of white, lime green, and pink. But then they throw in some blue corner piece on the pool, when they could have easily just used white ones instead. Then there's the out-of-place yellow plates in the tree house set, the mess that is the ATV set, and the list goes on.

I understand that a lot of the time, Lego will throw in some blue or red pieces on the inside of a set to save on money, but why do they do it with surface elements?

TL;DR too many colours.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:19 pm

Maybe they just use old, already produced pieces from old stocks rather than to produce a comparably small number of new pieces to save on overall costs?
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!