Vehicle Stat Cards

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

UmbraPhasmatis
Champion
Champion

Vehicle Stat Cards

Post by UmbraPhasmatis » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:53 pm

I was just curious. If we have stat cards/sheets for minifigs, why not have the same for Structures? Is it because of being too complicated, or has it simply never happened?
"I'm not giving up, I'm transcending the situation."

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Re: Vehicle Stat Cards

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:13 pm

Nobody really goes through the effort to do it, but yeah there's absolutely no reason not to. Technically, the horse stat card is a vehicle stat card.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:50 pm

I am sick of this. If people tell me what hey would like on a vehicle stat card, then by damn I'll make one.

Nobody is asking me to make a stat card. I am currently a whining :bitch: . Next time, I promise I will do my best to not get angry at other people for playing the game the way they want to.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:25 pm

Well, that's an interesting edit.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:29 pm

sjosten wrote:Well, that's an interesting edit.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Stat cards are good for stuff that's standardized - you're likely to have lots and lots of regular Minifigs, and there's a good chance you'll have some Horses. But other types of vehicles and structures tend to be pretty unique, like you're not likely to have a dozen death tanks or castles. Making stat cards for something you'll only ever have one of doesn't seem like it would be that useful, unless you need it for convention scenarios or something.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:23 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:I am sick of this. If people tell me what hey would like on a vehicle stat card, then by damn I'll make one.

Nobody is asking me to make a stat card. I am currently a whining :bitch: . Next time, I promise I will do my best to not get angry at other people for playing the game the way they want to.
Sorry, I was being a little bit pissy. But yes, I will make one because I have every now and then heard people talk about one.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:49 pm

stubby wrote:Stat cards are good for stuff that's standardized - you're likely to have lots and lots of regular Minifigs, and there's a good chance you'll have some Horses. But other types of vehicles and structures tend to be pretty unique, like you're not likely to have a dozen death tanks or castles. Making stat cards for something you'll only ever have one of doesn't seem like it would be that useful, unless you need it for convention scenarios or something.
Conversely if you're taking your game to a friend's house or a competition of some sort and you want to keep an easy tab on all of your different vehicles' abilities and move speeds, taking the effort to whip up a stat card and printing out stat cards would look pretty damn professional. It's all about how much effort you wanna put in - and whether or not you plan on ever taking that bastard apart.

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:29 pm

You're right about the large amount of different vehicles, but you culd probably get away with making couple for the more standard vehicles Lego makes. Motorcycles and bi-planes come to mind.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

DeltaV
Officer

Post by DeltaV » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:23 am

IVhorseman wrote: Conversely if you're taking your game to a friend's house or a competition of some sort and you want to keep an easy tab on all of your different vehicles' abilities and move speeds, taking the effort to whip up a stat card and printing out stat cards would look pretty damn professional. It's all about how much effort you wanna put in - and whether or not you plan on ever taking that bastard apart.
Don't forget they can be used to keep track of all the weapons stuck onto the vehicles. My Dreadnuthovertankthing, for example, has 6 different kinds of weapons, all for different purposes. Except obliterating ass, of course. All weapons do that.
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:32 pm

sjosten wrote:You're right about the large amount of different vehicles, but you culd probably get away with making couple for the more standard vehicles Lego makes. Motorcycles and bi-planes come to mind.
Yeah, I did that already. Both of those are covered under "Horse." (The Steel Horse and Flying Horse variations, respectively.)
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:07 am

Eh, stat cards are nice, but making quick-reference spread sheets and charts on MS Word or Excel is more efficient and just as classy (if your chart design skills are up to snuff). All your stats on a single 8x11 or two.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:13 pm

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:Eh, stat cards are nice, but making quick-reference spread sheets and charts on MS Word or Excel is more efficient and just as classy (if your chart design skills are up to snuff). All your stats on a single 8x11 or two.
This. I did this when I made stats for all my Republic and Separatist units for Star Wars, and instead of having dozens of little cards, I only have 4-5 pages.

HAL-9001
Officer

Post by HAL-9001 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:27 pm

A while back, I made a vehicle datasheet (if you want a nice, clean look). You can get it in several formats here: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7349
Heuristic ALgorithmic AFOL.
T6281: Solar Federation (Rules T6588)
T6777: Dungan Swarm
T6783: Space Pirates
T7349: BrikWars Vehicle Datasheet
T7402: Imperium Constructor

ColourSchemer
Officer

Post by ColourSchemer » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:Eh, stat cards are nice, but making quick-reference spread sheets and charts on MS Word or Excel is more efficient and just as classy (if your chart design skills are up to snuff). All your stats on a single 8x11 or two.
Concur