The Phobian Marines

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

UmbraPhasmatis
Champion
Champion

The Phobian Marines

Post by UmbraPhasmatis » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:23 pm

So, despite just posting the Olympian, I finally have the rest of my pics for that fledgling army. It's really fledgling. It only numbers about 25 minifigs and six or seven vehicles. Disclaimer: any aggression toward Assyrian soldiers in this post is purely coincidental and non-related to actual diplomacy.
This post will also be somewhat pic-heavy, so enjoy.

These are the standard footsoldiers of the Phobian Empire. They fight in squads of four, each led by a Sergeant (red arms).

This is a group of the Phobian Elite Guard. They're handpicked soldiers who have slightly better armor and are infinitesimally smarter. They're still fodder. Stat card: link

Zone Troopers are typically used as heavy soldiers when in actuality they're merely soldiers with hazard suits and chemical rifles. Stat card: link

Phobian Pilot. I really felt the need to use that cross-eyed face from the old Lego Island sets.

Here we see a Phobian Field Mechanik. Like his counterparts from around the BrikVerse, Phobian Mechanix are just as lazy.

AV Troopers are troops with slightly bulkier armor (no bonuses). They lug around Rocket Launchers and drag crates of Mk. I rockets around with them, which makes them move slower.

Scouts are more skilled in reconnaissance, using stealth to move around and thin enemy numbers. Stat card: link

This sharpshooter is ready to take out priority targets from a laughably safe distance. The Hawkeye ability allows snipers to have better accuracy with Sniper Rifles... unless they survive being Shot In The Face. Stat card: link

Tactical Marines of the Phobian Empire are the most skilled warriors there are, next to Heroes and those who have been Genetikally altered. Their Packmule ability allows them to carry a sidearm or knife in addition to their heavy rifles. Said rifles also have grenade launchers. Stat card: link

The man in golden armor who is slaughtering people with his Gunblade and Nova Sword is none other than the General of the Phobian Army, Adrian. He isn't exactly the army's Hero, but he's close enough. Still gotta work out stats for him.

This is Umbra. He's a supersoldier-turned-outlaw-turned-galactic overlord who took control of the entire Phobos Anomaly. His ORANGE TRANSPARENT CHAIN-CLAYMORE deals at least 2d10 damage (sounds fair) and he also totes around a rifle with standard stats. He has a death warrant in twelve systems (cookie if you get the reference). Stat card: link

Now for the vehicles. Sorry if I'm being too pic-heavy but I felt it necessary to get the whole army out here.
If anyone recognizes this design, it's because I recycled it due to not having the heart to just leave it useless in a box. This is the Behemoth heavy tank. It can only be driven by a Pilot unless a general actually wants to take an eternity getting anything done. The cannon on the front is subject to 'modification'.

This is the Meerkat ATV. It's mainly useful for single or double-person use. It's moderately fast and is favored by Scouts.

Here's the Olympian from earlier, happily slaughtering Assyrian soldiers.

The Mockingbird. It sports two laser cannons, and bears a resemblance to a hastily modded A-Wing. It'll do.

My final image here is the Raptor assault jeep. It sports a mounted laser turret in the rear.

That's it for now, enjoy.
"I'm not giving up, I'm transcending the situation."

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Re: The Phobian Marines

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:34 pm

Nice troops. Although I would say the red helmets make them easier targets. :twisted:

Still, love the tank and the sniper and zone troopers!
UmbraPhasmatis wrote:He has a death warrant in twelve systems (cookie if you get the reference).
Dr. Evazan to Luke Skywalker, Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope.

"I'm on the death list in twelve systems!"

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:36 pm

I like the units and statcards, but I think 4 hp for the hero is a bit too much. Also, everyone is going to tell you to not use clone pieces, but it looks fine.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:08 pm

niiiiiiiiiice scope!

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:08 pm

Omg, the OTC eyes on the Zone Troopers make them pop so much! Great touch.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:08 pm

The basic red and white design calls to me, and Umbra himself looks like he's going to tear a hole in any faction that looks at him crosswise. Very cool stuff. Got any battle reports? :D
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:55 pm

this is awesome man! great work

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:59 pm

The best use of stormtrooper torsos in the history of mankind. Umbra's claymore, that scope, that tank and that ATV are the best ever things also.

Also, if you don't want to fight the Assyrians, you could always fight the FELC. Everyone's fought them at some point.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 pm

That's- quite true, actually. Interior politics tend to be a bit of a mess with my factions. Any excuse to blow each other up on a daily basis.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

UmbraPhasmatis
Champion
Champion

Post by UmbraPhasmatis » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Phobian politics depend on Umbra's mood. He's typically inclined to wage war with whichever army has the most resources at a given time (right now it's the NegaBlox and the Galactic Empire).

I'll stage some battle reports (prolly just solo games mostly) with these guys sometime soon; expect some goodies from the fluff like Fedonuker, MFS, and Stubby until I'm pleased with my Warhead fig which won't have a decent helmet for a while. He has a nice buster sword though.

The ATV really isn't my design for all who are wondering. It's one of the more popular designs that can be found on MOCpages and Saber-Scorpion's website.
"I'm not giving up, I'm transcending the situation."

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:17 am

UmbraPhasmatis wrote:I'll stage some battle reports (prolly just solo games mostly) with these guys sometime soon; expect some goodies from the fluff like Fedonuker, MFS, and Stubby until I'm pleased with my Warhead fig which won't have a decent helmet for a while. He has a nice buster sword though.
Warhead likes anything that has 'bust'.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:49 am

Umbra is a :666: sgifig.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Post by Insert_blank » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:30 am

These look really nice! Like everyone else said I love your weapon designs especially the sniper rifle. I'm glad we've moved past the knee-jerk "don't use clone/storm troopers" thing because these look really nice and are different enough from what they're coming from that we can clearly see you put thought into what you were doing.

Bravo! And yes, Umbra is badass!

And I also wanted to ask if you couldn't play with siblings, cousins, or parents? You'd be surprised who may really enjoy the game and as a plus it's family bonding time. My little sister (18) and I played a few times when I lived at home and I'd just show her whatever minifigs I had laying around and asked her to pick the ones she liked and add whatever weapons/ armor she wanted on to them and I adjusted my army based on that. I think we also played Quikwars to make it easier (for both of us)
Just Monika

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:09 am

Just curious, some of your forces seem to be inspired by many sci-fi universes like Halo and Tiberium Wars. Is there any relation with Doom's Phobos Anomaly?

Anyways, like most people said, it's good to see a nice application of SW clone torsos and overall the army looks great. I would just suggest you to build something to the Phobians that's less... generic.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:12 am

Zupponn wrote:
UmbraPhasmatis wrote:I'll stage some battle reports (prolly just solo games mostly) with these guys sometime soon; expect some goodies from the fluff like Fedonuker, MFS, and Stubby until I'm pleased with my Warhead fig which won't have a decent helmet for a while. He has a nice buster sword though.
Warhead likes anything that has 'bust'.
All anyone can remember in the wake of Warhead's Buster Sword is the massive amount of Cleavage...