Marijuana Tipping Point

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Re: Marijuana Tipping Point

Postby Thesson » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Oh wow! I Just realized it's ' Tipping ' not tripping!
Thesson
Dimmy

Postby Zupponn » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:01 pm

I don't want the legalization of pot because I don't want my face to get eaten off.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby Robot Monkey » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Zupponn wrote:I don't want the legalization of pot because I don't want my face to get eaten off.

That was cocaine, but who knows? Some stoned idiots could think they were zombies too.
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby Colette » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:19 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:
Zupponn wrote:I don't want the legalization of pot because I don't want my face to get eaten off.

That was cocaine, but who knows? Some stoned idiots could think they were zombies too.

Technically bath salts. :rtfm:

My opinion on drugs in general: I don't like them, and they are all unhealthy and banned right now for a reason, but I wouldn't make an effort to stop their legalization as long as they're the kind that doesn't make you all aggressive and crazy to people (read: bath salts). People have the right to abuse their own bodies as much as they want as long as it doesn't affect other people.

In this respect, mary jane has more claim to be legalized than alcohol.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Silverdream » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:53 pm

Colette wrote:My opinion on drugs in general: I don't like them, and they are all unhealthy and banned right now for a reason, but I wouldn't make an effort to stop their legalization as long as they're the kind that doesn't make you all aggressive and crazy to people (read: bath salts). People have the right to abuse their own bodies as much as they want as long as it doesn't affect other people.

Just remember, just because something is less bad for you, doesn't make it good for you. Smoking pot is bad for your lungs, and although it's very rare it can help cause schizophrenia.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby The Black Rabbit » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:11 am

My math teacher told us that at the school he used to work at someone put a tray of brownies in the teachers break room. Not knowing what they really were all the teachers ate them. They wondered why they were all feeling funny.
The Black Rabbit
Hero

Postby mgb519 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:25 am

Silverdream wrote:
Colette wrote:My opinion on drugs in general: I don't like them, and they are all unhealthy and banned right now for a reason, but I wouldn't make an effort to stop their legalization as long as they're the kind that doesn't make you all aggressive and crazy to people (read: bath salts). People have the right to abuse their own bodies as much as they want as long as it doesn't affect other people.

Just remember, just because something is less bad for you, doesn't make it good for you. Smoking pot is bad for your lungs, and although it's very rare it can help cause schizophrenia.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to smoke it. Beyond that, it is not humanly possible to overdose on marijuana.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:55 am

Also a lot of the studies on it causing lung damage are starting to fall apart - in one study where they compared smokers after a year of habitual use of both tobacco and marijuana, it was noted that there was a much thicker coating of resin/tar from marijuana than from tobacco - but after a decade, it was noted that while tobacco users had a much thicker coating and far less healthy lungs, the marijuana users had levels almost identical to their first-year checkup. Right now, it looks like that while resin is built up on the lungs, it actually helps preserve them in a pretty healthy state.

Stoned idiots might think they were zombies, but would definitely not get the munchies hard enough to eat someone's face off. Hell, they'd probably get bored/distracted and do something else the second they set foot outside.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Insert_blank » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:02 am

IVhorseman wrote:Also a lot of the studies on it causing lung damage are starting to fall apart - in one study where they compared smokers after a year of habitual use of both tobacco and marijuana, it was noted that there was a much thicker coating of resin/tar from marijuana than from tobacco - but after a decade, it was noted that while tobacco users had a much thicker coating and far less healthy lungs, the marijuana users had levels almost identical to their first-year checkup. Right now, it looks like that while resin is built up on the lungs, it actually helps preserve them in a pretty healthy state.

This is because cigarettes are super bad for you in that they contain so many additives and chemicals and other gross shit that companies put in there to save money. When I used to smoke I'd look at the filter sometimes and just wonder what all that gross yellow shit was and how much got into my body anyway. People have been smoking tobacco (like just tobacco) for hundreds of years and it seems like there weren't too many problems because frequency of use was lower and it was just tobacco.

My big concern if pot is legalized is will Big Tobacco begin to produce marijuana cigs that have all the same bad shit tobacco cigs have. In my mind that's unforgivable but also perhaps what would happen.

TL;DR: We'll see how it goes but I worry about future health risks for legalized marijuana.
月にかわってお仕置きよ!
月の光は愛のメセジ
Insert_blank
Minifig

Postby stubby » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:16 am

The Black Rabbit wrote:My math teacher told us that at the school he used to work at someone put a tray of brownies in the teachers break room. Not knowing what they really were all the teachers ate them. They wondered why they were all feeling funny.

You know that the only person who would tell that story afterwards is the one who cooked the brownies, right?
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Natalya » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:39 am

stubby wrote:
The Black Rabbit wrote:My math teacher told us that at the school he used to work at someone put a tray of brownies in the teachers break room. Not knowing what they really were all the teachers ate them. They wondered why they were all feeling funny.

You know that the only person who would tell that story afterwards is the one who cooked the brownies, right?
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby samuelzz10 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 am

Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Keldoclock » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:21 pm

1. The people who take parkour seriously are retards.

I think of brewing as a subset of cooking ( I guess this extends to tobacco and weed as well, not sure how much preparation is involved in the creation of smokeables), and that it just like cooking, you can produce horrible, unhealthy things, and delicious things that are good for you as well (alcohol in moderation has positive health effects), its just a question of time, skill, and effort. I've had beer or wine with a meal when I thought the flavor profiles would mix well, and I haven't felt it impaired my judgment significantly, but than again it has always been small amounts of weak booze.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby Ben-Jammin » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:34 am

Keldoclock wrote:(alcohol in moderation has positive health effects)

Certain alcohols (Namely BEER) are more useful than many people realize. Sure stuff like wine and whiskey has been known to have medicinal value, but beer has a great deal of everyday uses, from cleaning out car engines to removing stains in your laundry. True story.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:51 am

So does Coke and Pepsi.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion