For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Scottsman
Minifig

Zombie Playground

Post by Scottsman » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:51 pm

Guys, support this. Seriously.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mas ... battle-rpg
Looks so brikwarsy. Hell, it follows all of our basic concepts. Toys + Gore + Ridiculous = Brikwars = Fucking Metal.
Just click the damn link.

jmatthew
Minifig

Re: Zombie Playground

Post by jmatthew » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:49 pm

Did you notice anything familiar about the "mascot"?
I'm sure Silva would....

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:43 pm

Hah! I totally didn't get that.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:24 am

Lol. The fat kid is the tank character. :lol:

I was actually disappointed in the pre-alpha video that they had because to me, they hardly showed anything. The only time that I got a real sense of how the gameplay is supposed to feel like is the last snippet right before they cut the video off. It's more like they were saying, "Look at the pretty graphics and images that we came up with" rather than "Look at this fun gameplay that we are working on". They seemed to show more of that stupid zombie banging his head against the wall then the main character actually swinging the bat! I do realize that it's a very early version, but I would have liked to see more meat and potatoes and less gravy.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:06 am

Zupponn wrote:It's more like they were saying, "Look at the pretty graphics and images that we came up with" rather than "Look at this fun gameplay that we are working on".
Sounds like somebody isn't familiar with Massive Black. "Look at the pretty graphics and images that we came up with" is all they've ever done.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:31 am

stubby wrote:
Zupponn wrote:It's more like they were saying, "Look at the pretty graphics and images that we came up with" rather than "Look at this fun gameplay that we are working on".
Sounds like somebody isn't familiar with Massive Black. "Look at the pretty graphics and images that we came up with" is all they've ever done.
Nope, I've actually never heard of them before, but it makes sense when everyone on the team has a resume like:

I do art.
or
I do music.

I am very skeptical about how successful this game can be without someone with game-making experience on the team. I will give them credit for coming up with a really cool idea for a game, but it would be shame to see it wasted.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:52 am

I don't see this game working out. I only see a steaming pile of crap that is made by ametuers, rather than a company that has made a name for itself. Just play TF2 or Super Monday night combat.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Massive Black has made a name for themselves, they're all the superstars of conceptart.org who banded together to provide art services to the game and movie industries. They've been around for a good long time and have very high opinions of themselves and their artwork and the irrelevance of any parts of a project not directly related to themselves and their artwork.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:56 pm

So it will be pretty but unplayable.
Yay...
I don't care if the game has "good" graphics but i like it to be interesting looking. TF2 on ultra-low still looks good, COD:MW2 looks like shit on Ultra.
If they can get an actual game designer to sort out the mechanics of the game, the aiming, movement, controls, balancing weapons, options, menus... Then it looks like it could be quite good.

Though it is basically TF2 with Children and Zombies!
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:09 pm

I'm also confused as to why they need a Kickstarter project to get this done. If this game is supposed to be the shit like they say it's going to be, then shouldn't they be able to find a producer to fund it with little to no difficulty? Then go and market it on Steam or something? Seems like the more logical route to take. It almost feels like they're going to screw people over.

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Crowd funding is the new big thing, getting a producer or even a loan in the current economic state would be laughable attempt. If they DID get a producer/publisher they would likely have to sign over all rights and allow the producer/publisher to introduce deadlines and force them to make it turn as much of a profit as possible.
With crowd funding the game can be produced and sold even if only 10 people are likely to buy it.

If this idea got a publisher to hand over cash then i would be surprised, the idea is reasonably controversial and some may not want to touch it.
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:01 am

samuelzz10 wrote:I don't see this game working out. I only see a steaming pile of crap that is made by ametuers, rather than a company that has made a name for itself. Just play TF2 or Super Monday night combat.
oh, yes, brilliant, go play the stuff that isn't going to change anything because you don't want to take a risk. Maybe this game won't work out, but you really must not be paying attention if you've been ignoring the stuff on the independent developer scene recently. This attitude is why E3's public panels were ninety percent of the same gun-toting, copy-pasted crap that we've been seeing for the last several years.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Hey, SMNC is made by an independent company, Uber Entertainment.
Considering it is a game that blurs so many genre lines that people argue what to call it, I'd say it's pretty damn innovative.
They actually HAVE a product as well, albit one that's really more of an open beta in all but name.

Do these guys even have a demo set up?

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:19 am

Whiteagle wrote:Hey, SMNC is made by an independent company, Uber Entertainment.
Considering it is a game that blurs so many genre lines that people argue what to call it, I'd say it's pretty damn innovative.
They actually HAVE a product as well, albit one that's really more of an open beta in all but name.

Do these guys even have a demo set up?
Nope, just some random video of a character walking around and sometimes hitting zombies with his baseball bat. The video actually was made to show off the amazing animation of a zombie banging his head into the wall. That animation is the shit.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:21 am

Ross_Varn wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:I don't see this game working out. I only see a steaming pile of crap that is made by ametuers, rather than a company that has made a name for itself. Just play TF2 or Super Monday night combat.
oh, yes, brilliant, go play the stuff that isn't going to change anything because you don't want to take a risk. Maybe this game won't work out, but you really must not be paying attention if you've been ignoring the stuff on the independent developer scene recently. This attitude is why E3's public panels were ninety percent of the same gun-toting, copy-pasted crap that we've been seeing for the last several years.
I have played a few indie games. Minecraft, Terraria, and Magicka. But you see Ross, Notch started programming at the age of seven, so I know when I buy from him it will probably be a good game.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum