Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

WestNordOst
Officer

Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Post by WestNordOst » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:35 am

Got another question, again regarding BW 2010 but I think it was also unclear for 2005. Perhaps I just didn't see it in the rules.

Consider the situation in the photo:
1. Can the minifig fire his two pistols at the tank in his round? Any mali involved?
2. The flak tank is equipped with two Size 3 machine guns, one Size 1 gun and a size 2 launcher loaded with six size 1 explosives. Can the gunner now shoot at the minifig with 2 explosives, one size 1 gun and 2 size three machine guns in his round? :sparta:
Attachments
BILD0137.JPG
BILD0137.JPG (66.4 KiB) Viewed 11566 times

Stormblessed
Hero

Re: Ranged combat - Can I fire several weapons?

Post by Stormblessed » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:20 pm

The answer to your question is death and dice. If it takes too long to figure out the exact rules, fudge it up. The is the most important rule. If this were an actually game, would you really want an argument over what the exact rules are. No, of coarse not, fudge it up.

I do expect there is a more exact answer, but my answer is the best. Fudge everything.
|

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:35 pm

5.3: Ranged Combat wrote:Minifigs may make only one Ranged Attack per turn, and they may not make any Ranged Attacks on the same turn in which they are engaged in Close Combat, either before or afterwards.
I should clarify this to say that they can make only one Ranged Attack with one weapon per turn. We've tried for years to come up with good dual-pistol rules, but never come up with anything I liked.
8.6: Manning Guns wrote:Firing Weapons
In normal situations, firing a large weapon is just like firing a small one, except with bigger numbers attached. The attacker chooses a single target and may fire any number of weapons of a single weapon type (either ranged or melee) at it, up to his Weapon Size limit (8.1: Weapon Size).
The Gunner may fire as many of the tank's ranged weapons as he likes at the minifig, up to the size limit of the tank. The tank looks like it's about size 3", so it would be able to fire 6" worth of guns - for instance, the size 2 launcher, the size 1 gun, and one size 3 machine gun (2+1+3=6"). The Launcher can be counted as a Missile Rack (see the Missile Rack example under 8.4: Heavy Explosives), allowing it to fire two size 1 Explosives at once.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Stormblessed
Hero

Post by Stormblessed » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:30 pm

I told you there was a more accurate answer out of there. But always remember the rule of fudge.
|

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:49 pm

if a weapon counts as being connected to another, you can fire both, but at the same target. (IE the two flak cannons, or a tank cannon with a coaxial machine gun).

As for a vehicle firing multiple weapons, I just fudge it and say it has a gunner for each large weapon and the driver can fire any smaller ones.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:36 pm

stubby wrote:
5.3: Ranged Combat wrote:Minifigs may make only one Ranged Attack per turn, and they may not make any Ranged Attacks on the same turn in which they are engaged in Close Combat, either before or afterwards.
I should clarify this to say that they can make only one Ranged Attack with one weapon per turn. We've tried for years to come up with good dual-pistol rules, but never come up with anything I liked.
I ignore this rule. If the minifig was supposed to only use 1 weapon a turn, then why did Dread Pirate 2x2 give each minifig 2 hands?

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:41 pm

All of the answers in this thread so far are correct. Especially if it's the middle of the game, just fudge it and wait to figure out the "correct" answer until afterward.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:43 am

Zupponn wrote:
stubby wrote:
I ignore this rule. If the minifig was supposed to only use 1 weapon a turn, then why did Dread Pirate 2x2 give each minifig 2 hands?
So he could hold a gun in one and a Knife in the other, DUH!

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:19 am

I already made a thread about this.
Short answer is yes. Long answer is :diy:
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:01 am

When it comes to dual-wielding, I always said that if a minifig has two of the same weapon (i.e. two pistols) he can fire them both at the same target if he moves, but only that target. If he doesn't, he can shoot at whoever he wants to with either of them.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:27 pm

Zupponn wrote:If the minifig was supposed to only use 1 weapon a turn, then why did Dread Pirate 2x2 give each minifig 2 hands?
For it was said that the pistol was too small and girly a weapon to kick serious ass in the name of the brik
For it was said that the minifigs shall take up bigger guns to remedy the situation
For it was said that the minifigs should put both of their hands on the guns and shoot them.

Technically, a compensating heavy counts as if he's size 2, right? So he could fire two pistols if he's standing still.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:10 am

IVhorseman wrote:
Zupponn wrote:If the minifig was supposed to only use 1 weapon a turn, then why did Dread Pirate 2x2 give each minifig 2 hands?
For it was said that the pistol was too small and girly a weapon to kick serious ass in the name of the brik
For it was said that the minifigs shall take up bigger guns to remedy the situation
For it was said that the minifigs should put both of their hands on the guns and shoot them.
That third line makes very little sense. It would be far more badass to give the minifig 2 bigger guns than 1 bigger gun.

IX_Legion
Minifig

Post by IX_Legion » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Zupponn wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:
That third line makes very little sense. It would be far more badass to give the minifig 2 bigger guns than 1 bigger gun.
That's the next step in the "badass" progression.
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:50 am

The badass guns require two hands.

Meanwhile WestNordOst continues to ask masterwork questions with good pictures. Stickied!

Legofighter
Officer

Post by Legofighter » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:25 am

I just guess this guy (WestNordOst) just read the basics in the rulebook and fudged all the remaining.
So i guess he is just aking you questions because he's too lazy to read the whole rulebook
From the frigid cold of Canada, -40 year long.