SC2 Ghost stats

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

SC2 Ghost stats

Post by samuelzz10 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:06 pm

After being inspired by IX Legion's thread, I made my own ghost stats.

GHOST (Old stats)
Armor: 1d6+3
Move: 7"
Skill: 1d8+1
Abilities:
Sniper: The ghost has all the same abilities as a sniper
Scout: The ghost has all the same abilities as a scout
Tactical nuke: Off battlefield, (Or on, whichever you prefer) a ghost has several nukes
(5 Cp each) that can make a 10" radius 2d10 explosion. it takes one turn to call in a nuke,
and the enemy must use the trust system to not move units out the way. However, a nuke's
location can be found out if a scout, another ghost, spy, or whatever can see the ghost.
Attachments
blank_2sides (2).jpg
blank_2sides (2).jpg (168.89 KiB) Viewed 6175 times
Last edited by samuelzz10 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

mgb519
My Little Pony

Re: SC2 Ghost stats

Post by mgb519 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Dude, just make it a normal, 4d10 explosion or something. You drop off a die every 2" away from the center. Is it really that complicated?
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

IX_Legion
Minifig

Post by IX_Legion » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:03 pm

It'd be a 5d10 for a 10" radius. Which I think would be appropriate.

(wow, I've inspired a spinoff. I feel accomplished.)
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:45 pm

mgb519 wrote:Dude, just make it a normal, 4d10 explosion or something. You drop off a die every 2" away from the center. Is it really that complicated?
What you're saying makes it even more complicated. It is after all, bonus material so feel free to change these stats if you ever use them.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:30 pm

Allow me to simplify these:
samuelzz10 wrote: GHOST
Armor: 5
Skill: 1d8
Abilities:
Tactical nuke: Off battlefield, (Or on, whichever you prefer) a ghost can call-in "nukes"
that create a 5d10 explosion in a targeted spot on their next turn.
Ghosts' lasers were always super obvious in Starcraft so there shouldn't really be a need for some kind of trust system. Besides, a 10" explosion will still outrun infantry and buildings and other things that are slow.

It's hard to make this guy awesome without him outshining every heroic unit on the battlefield, but even with these stats he probably does. Maybe reducing armor as low as 3 or 4? Ghost armor isn't *that* tough, is it?

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:22 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Allow me to simplify these:
samuelzz10 wrote: GHOST
Armor: 5
Abilities:
Tactical nuke: Off battlefield, (Or on, whichever you prefer) a ghost can call-in "nukes"
Ghosts' lasers were always super obvious in Starcraft so there shouldn't really be a need for some kind of trust system. Besides, a 10" explosion will still outrun infantry and buildings and other things that are slow.

It's hard to make this guy awesome without him outshining every heroic unit on the battlefield, but even with these stats he probably does. Maybe reducing armor as low as 3 or 4? Ghost armor isn't *that* tough, is it?
It isn't tough at all, but at the same time I don't want him to die in one hit. But, I guess these are good stats. BTW, I'm assuming you've only played the first starcraft, but now they use "Real guns", and they shoot bullets instead. I like stealth units because they can pick out on a lucky day around 10 enemy units, but at the same time anything with a satellite dish points them out.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:32 pm

Two points:
="samuelzz10" wrote:It isn't tough at all, but at the same time I don't want him to die in one hit
Tell me. How many of your minifigs get multiple HP?
samuelzz10 wrote:now they use "Real guns", and they shoot bullets instead.
Like in the origial Starcraft, which you've never played. He was referring to the targeting laser when you call a nuke. You know, the one that makes the other person freak out and click like mad to move all his troops?
Ghost
Armor: 4
Move: 5"
Abilities:
Marksmanship: +1 to ranged, -1 to CC, can call a shot and flip a coin blah blah blah
Cloak: For a maxium of three turns, the ghost can activate a cloaking device which makes them nearly invisible (-5 to hit). They only get one turn at the start, however, and must be decloaked for one turn to gain one turn worth of cloaking.
that create a 5d10 explosion in a targeted spot on their next turn.[/quote]
Why were we giving him "scouting," again? Wouldn't we need a detector for that?
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:31 pm

mgb519 wrote:Two points:
="samuelzz10" wrote:It isn't tough at all, but at the same time I don't want him to die in one hit
Tell me. How many of your minifigs get multiple HP?
samuelzz10 wrote:now they use "Real guns", and they shoot bullets instead.
Like in the origial Starcraft, which you've never played. He was referring to the targeting laser when you call a nuke. You know, the one that makes the other person freak out and click like mad to move all his troops?
Ghost
Armor: 4
Move: 5"
Abilities:
Marksmanship: +1 to ranged, -1 to CC, can call a shot and flip a coin blah blah blah
Cloak: For a maxium of three turns, the ghost can activate a cloaking device which makes them nearly invisible (-5 to hit). They only get one turn at the start, however, and must be decloaked for one turn to gain one turn worth of cloaking.
Why were we giving him "scouting," again? Wouldn't we need a detector for that?[/quote]
These are very good stats. And about the targeting laser, I don't think the enemy can see it in starcraft 2. I'm a frequent ghost user, and they never move away. But not all of my minifigs have hp, only the champion level minifigs.(The rest have high armor, countered by strong weapons, and other armored minfigs) I wanted him to have the scouting abilities because of trailblazing, because I would think its a good idea when going through a minefield, not to make him an all around unit, but because it fits his character. Then again, if I wanted to have the best of both worlds I could just make a separate unit called a specter, which can mindshock and scout, while not having sniping abilities. Btw, why do you make it sound like not playing the first starcraft is such a bad thing?
Spoiler
Show
my old sig

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:21 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:If I wanted to have the best of both worlds I could just make a separate unit called a specter, which can mindshock and scout, while not having sniping abilities.
Do this. Ghosts don't need scouting too - that actually DOES make them an all-purpose awesome unit.
samuelzz10 wrote:Btw, why do you make it sound like not playing the first starcraft is such a bad thing?
Because it's a crime. I've played both, and they're tactically very different games because of different units and abilities, but overall OG starcraft is more balanced than SC2 ever will be.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:51 pm

Guess which of the two is the only one I've ever played?
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:33 pm

I literally just play tested a ghost with my friend and the ghost's nuke took out around half of his army. He hit the ghost with captain America (Long story) but overall he does what he needs to do.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:11 pm

And this battle, was it fun?
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:42 am

mgb519 wrote:And this battle, was it fun?
:csi: It sounds like it did a lot of damage, but I explained this badly: he had lost around half of his army (8 men teams) and I killed half of half of his team. the last 2 enemies were juggernauts that had chain guns. Captain America while throwing a shield hit him in the chest, uncloaking him in a feat and he was killed the next turn.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:19 pm

I prefer the second Starcraft (although yes you retards you start with the first game in a series) because little things like MULES and Hellion cheese allow me to have a much better chance against the Koreans.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:50 pm

Are hellions actually any good? because in the limited amount of SC2 i played and watched (I am waaaaaay too slow to be any good at starcraft) I never saw anyone build one.