Ambush! (TEST BATTLE)

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Killer Karetsu, Moronstudios

Ambush! (TEST BATTLE)

Postby IX_Legion » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:58 pm

This is a battle primarily done to test out IVHorseman's rules for cursed weapons and armor and my own modifications thereof.

I treated the curse damage as usual fire damage (burning roll, grinding damage, additional 1d4 damage to attacks received while cursed, etc.) EXCEPT the grinding damage was erased as soon as the curse wore off (rolled a 1). I also dealt 1d4 curse damage to anyone striking cursed armor with a melee weapon. So, the battle:

A column of Imperial troops, marching to reinforce the army in the field.

Two of the League of Evil's newest troops appear from the shadows. They are the infamous Cursed Knights, whose swords and armor bear a deadly curse.

With the help of an angry inch, the Cursed Knights manage to attack the Imperial troops. No hits are inflicted (I need to give these guys better than 1d6 skill in the future).

The well-trained Imperials spring into action. Both Knights shrug off their attacks.

A CK claims the first kill.

And his comrade is brought down. (By this point several Imperials had been cursed. I think the one that was killed already had the curse, and it took a combination of the sword's damage, the original curse damage, the extra damage inflicted by the curse on the sword, and the little bit of grinding damage to bring him down.)

Another kill for the CK.

This poor fellow is shot in the back by a crossbow bolt. The other crossbowmen hit their mark, but the bolts bounce off the armor.

The second CK goes down, but three Imperials are cursed (the dice mark their grinding damage)...

...And two die from the follow-up damage. The other is OK.

It seemed that these rules worked fine, but this was a small battle. I will have to try them inside a larger one, but I think they work fine. It's really no more complex than the 2010 fire rules, and maybe less so because once the "fire" goes out the grinding damage vanishes, so there's no keeping track of that.

If anyone else tries this out, let me (or IV, since this was all his idea in the first place, except the part about cursed armor cursing people who hit it) know how it goes.
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)
IX_Legion
Minifig

Re: Ambush! (TEST BATTLE)

Postby RunsWithLegos » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:39 pm

thoes bastards are effective! nice battle and i need to look at using those rules
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Re: Ambush! (TEST BATTLE)

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:31 am

Awesome, glad this was as cool as i'd hoped it'd be...
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Return to Reports From the Field