Re: The Scythian Galactic Codex 80k VIEWS?! but 1 new moc

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Re: The Scythian Galactic Codex (20,000 VIEWS!)

Post by cleanupcrew » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:11 pm

I tested it, they can.

That being said, I'm too lazy to take such minor details into account during battle. Most peoples' orders consist of "Fire everything at TA/AN", sometimes they split the fleet up into different tasks, but rarely would they ever demand an individual ship to take on more than one target. I just do one giant dice roll for that segment of the fleet, in brikspace most capital-capital combat usually hit their targets. However, my dice program can only handle 20d6 at a time, so sometimes, things just take a really long time for damage, the bonus dice alone take up a whole batch of dice.

Whatever, I’ve gone off a tangent here. :fudge:

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:52 am

Ladies and mentlegen, the Orpheus returns . . .

-- Scythian naval catalouges --

-- Mousetrap Automotive Research Facility --

-- Orpheus SHDT Revision - Mark II --

This is what happens when one guy decided to build something utterly stupid - and another guy decided to take the dakka off of that, and rebuild it into something awesome - and then made that shit fly.

:brick:

The Scythian King of the battlefield has returned, larger than ever, with more guns, more armour, more (much needed) internal stability and more of everything - its engine systems have been re-designed around the internal anti-gavity core and the entire tank now operates on the same scale as a small SHIP. In fact, if this thing was launched in space - it probably could . . . travelling in the same direction it was launched firing all of its guns until it destroyed the utter fuck out of everything it was fired at - or turned into a SDHT torpedo with its re-designed frontal ram system, and then it would fuck up other peoples SHIP's from the inside.

I am sure all of you recognise the rear of the three top turrets - the Scythians main Super Death Tank killer - the Anti-matter projector, using magnetic forces on par with a railgun, it directs a stream of room temperature anti-matter through the air at the speed of light, ripping through its targets with disturbing ease and causing massive destruction in its wake - that turret also has two side-mounted Lance lasers, which also act as slicing beams (as if the main beams weren't enough) and a top mounted anti-air turret armed with a Gatling Laser cannon.

The new mid-turret is in fact a stripped down version of the Triple-barreled laser cannons now being widely used by most Scythian battleships - with most of its SHIP armour stripped down to standard armour to make it small enough to mount - it makes each barrel as powerful as the old cannon mounting that bore it - the Tarantula. Except there are three barrels, and together they fuck up your shit. On the back of this turret - it also mounts the two anti-matter missiles from the Tarantula, ready to fire as fire and forget missiles, as if the Orpheus even needs them.

The front turret is an enhanced version of the standard Anti-Infantry Laser cannon, its a dual barreled, fast firing beast that shreds enemy infantry before they can even dent the armour of this beast.

It does indeed keep the side-doors of the older Orpheus (but my picture taking skills crapped out on me here), and is still a troop carrier - still bringing in its compliment of 20 Scythian Marines into the field - but it is unable to retrieve them now due to the new engine placement, but this isn't a long run issue to worry about, as having a stationary Orpheus makes it a dead Orpheus.

Here is the new rear design - that is sadly, not another door - but a technic frame that stopped the "Boxxyness" that Natalya advised me about, I am more than a little eager to see what she has to say about this. The rear wall is greebled enough to break up the shape of this things sexy as shit backside - and it mounts the re-designed Heavy Flamethrower underneath to convince any would-be-flankers that trying to fuck this thing in the arse is a bad idea.

It still needs some moar work - but its back baby, to run circles around the big, slow fortress STD's the other nations love oh so much, and blast them away with superior firepower before they can react.

Technological Arrogance, I love that phase so much, I'm going to fuck it silly.

Right here and now, so you fucks get on with telling me how awesome I am already.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:51 am

That's a feckin' BEAST! Great job.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:54 am

The phrase technological arrogance was coined as a criticism of the Iraq war. The military talked about how its smart bombs wouldn't hit civilians and other stuff, using those reasons as justifications for the war. But those claims weren't true and thousands of civilians were killed. That mentality though, that line of reasoning is called technological arrogance.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:41 am

Huh. I like it. And to think that I made my SHDT to be similar. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Does the Orpheus have things inside?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

The Shadowscythe
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:23 am

Falk wrote:Huh. I like it. And to think that I made my SHDT to be similar. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Does the Orpheus have things inside?
Haha, nice SDHT - somehow I had missed it, going to have a look now.

As for an interior - not yet, I need to figure out how to get back into this thing so I can rebuild it - a side effect of making it hard as nails is that I now, cannot get inside it anymore. :why:
Spoiler
Show

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:49 pm

you fantastic bastard! what a build you have

Paco
Dimmy

Post by Paco » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:44 am

Damn, how long is that? That could almost count as a battleship.

(inb4 penis jokes)
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.
Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:26 am

Paco the Duck Ninja wrote:Damn, how long is that? That could almost count as a battleship.

(inb4 penis jokes)
Going on a rough estimate here -

About 69 studs from front ram to back tail/prow.

The main body is 14 studs wide - including the engines, its closer to about 26 studs at its widest point.

It is six briks high in the body - the cannons on the top bring it up to about 12 briks at the highest point - I am guessing about 18/20 studs high when including the engines underneath.

So - putting that together - it is 2/3rd the requirement of a SHIP, but I just don't have the ability to make it any bigger, or make a full blown ship out of it yet - besides, I would much rather keep it as an SHDT. :bye:
Spoiler
Show

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:00 am

The Shadowscythe wrote: About 69 studs from front ram to back tail/prow.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Post by RoC77 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:29 am

Awesome build, it's stuff like this that makes me feel like reorganizing so I can start building again.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:13 pm

RoC77 wrote:Awesome build, it's stuff like this that makes me feel like reorganizing so I can start building again.
Roc, king of tanks, it is about time you make The Super Death Tank TO RULE THEM ALL.

Falk

Post by Falk » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Colette wrote:
RoC77 wrote:Awesome build, it's stuff like this that makes me feel like reorganizing so I can start building again.
Roc, king of tanks, it is about time you make The Super Death Tank TO RULE THEM ALL.
Wait, I thought that Roc had already made a STD. you had a pic of it in the Trattorian thread in the Armory.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:36 pm

Falk wrote:
Colette wrote:
Wait, I thought that Roc had already made a STD. you had a pic of it in the Trattorian thread in the Armory.
He scrapped it and started over with the larger tracks.

The Shadowscythe

Post by The Shadowscythe » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Okay - after a few days of this now I am starting to get "antsy"

These fuckers need to be in a properly documented in a battle report, and Warshed fell short due to harreh pottur (long story, mixed dates - ended up not being able to spend as much time brikwarring as we thought, he pushed it back) . . . any UK Brikwarriors wish to challenge the might of the Scythian Empire?
Spoiler
Show