Post by Silverdream » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Spoiler
Show
<Silverdreams>: Hello
<mgb>: Hello
<Arkbrik>: Woo!
<Arkbrik>: Hello
<Arkbrik>: Lets do this
<Silverdreams>: I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long.
<Arkbrik>: just one minute by my clock
<Arkbrik>: Alright, here's a copy of the scene:
<Arkbrik>: Question - Why was the population of Scade I doomed when they could not produce more Niordium?
<Arkbrik>: Characters - Required: The head of the Niordium mining corporation, and her husband. Banned: Regular mine workers.
<lawmaster>: back on
<Arkbrik>: Setting - The evening of the day when the Niordium exhaustion has become public. A quiet restaurant in the capital of Scade I. The corporation head, her husband, and another person are having dinner together.
<Silverdreams>: Maybe we should change nicks to character names?
<mgb>: Soundeth good
<Arkbrik>: Uh, maybe not
<mgb>: Banned?
<Arkbrik>: You can play several characters sometimes
<mgb>: Wait, nevermind
<Arkbrik>: with secondary characters and whatnot
<mgb>: I missed that you posted them already
<lawmaster>: should I leave or........
<Arkbrik>: Anyway, now we're going to pick characters. We pick in the order silver-mgb-arkbrik (opposite of regular play). The required characters must be picked by someone.
<Silverdreams>: I will pick the husband
<Arkbrik>: Lawmaster, you can stay if you want to watch
<lawmaster>: k
<Arkbrik>: Okay, make a name for him
<mgb>: Can I play the stranger sitting at the other table?
<Silverdreams>: Alai Martel
<Arkbrik>: Sure, what kind of a person is the stranger?
<Arkbrik>: Then the third person at their table is an NPC
<mgb>: He'll probably not be super important until the end of the scene
<Arkbrik>: But you gotta say what he is, real short eg. cop, soldier, unemployed...
<mgb>: He's unemployed, and seems to be keeping to himself at the moment.
<mgb>: He seems a little shady.
<Arkbrik>: Ok, what's his name?
<mgb>: Well call him Ron Anders.
<mgb>: Yeah, that works.
<Silverdreams>: brb getting breakfast
<Silverdreams>: k back
<Arkbrik>: So, then I am the head of the Niordium mine corporation, called Dunya Martel
<Arkbrik>: Now, we are going to reveal what our characters are thinking as the scene begins, in the same orders that the characters were picked. The thoughts aren't allowed to answer the Question.
*** lawmaster quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
<mgb>: So just to be clear...the planet is doomed one way or another, correct? We're just trying to figure out how/why?
<Arkbrik>: Yep. The population is doomed anyhow, the planet itself we don't know.
<Silverdreams>: "We're fucked. I'll be lucky to get out of this system with wifey and a decent amount of credits."
<mgb>: Whatever. Close enough.
<Arkbrik>: Oh just remembered: you should know that my internet is a bit laggy. If I suddenly quit I'll be back in a minute.
<mgb>: "Helen...we may get off of this rock yet. Hang in there, please. Oh god, let her hang in there..."
<Arkbrik>: "Shit shit shit. They revealed the exhaust on planetary television this evening... the workers are going to riot."
<Arkbrik>: And now... we play. You can describe anything your character thinks, does, sees, hears or otherwise perceives, and it happens. If you do something to another player's character they describe the outcome. You can bring in secondary characters, which other players can have their characters do whatever they want to. We play until the Question is answered.
<Silverdreams>: "This is good soup." Alai said breaking the silence.
<Arkbrik>: "Oh, yes", Dunya replied, breaking out of her depressing train of thought.
<Arkbrik>: "Too watery for me", said the third person at their table.
<Arkbrik>: The third person, a woman in her forties with far too many piercings, seemed impatient.
<Silverdreams>: Alai glared at her. The State Moderator had come at a very bad time, and her oft annoying habits were beginning to take their toll.
<Silverdreams>: Although, he had to admit how attractive she was, the last time he and Dunya had made love he had thought of her.
<Silverdreams>: No, infidelity is wrong Alai thought.
*** Arkbrik2 joined #Brickwars
<Arkbrik2>: back.
<Silverdreams>: Do you want me to post the last three lines?
<Arkbrik2>: Yes please.
<Silverdreams>: Alai glared at her. The State Moderator had come at a very bad time, and her oft annoying habits were beginning to take their toll. <Silverdreams>: Although, he had to admit how attractive she was, the last time he and Dunya had made love he had thought of her. <Silverdreams>: No, infidelity is wrong Alai thought.
<Arkbrik2>: Dunya saw her husband's glaring and hoped that the Moderator wouldn't notice.
<Arkbrik2>: She gave him a gentle nudge with her foot under the table. This woman was their best chance to get off this planet.
*** lawmaster joined #Brickwars
*** Arkbrik quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
<Arkbrik2>: (still here)
<Silverdreams>: Alai stopped staring at her, and quickly tried to engage in small talk.
<Silverdreams>: "So, I don't believe you've told me where you're from."
<Arkbrik2>: "Moccur VI", she replied. "That's where most of the Quantum Church administration work takes place."
<Arkbrik2>: "I'm leaving for the Moccur system tonight, actually. A moderator is always busy."
<Silverdreams>: "Ah interesting. You look great by the way, as if you're doing that dress a favour".
<Silverdreams>: The dress was a work of pink and green vomit that wouldn't be suitable for the common homeless.
<Silverdreams>: Yet, it did compliment her figure quite nicely.
<Arkbrik2>: The Moderator giggled a little, the rings in her upper lip jingling against each other. "Why thank you."
<Arkbrik2>: Dunya smiled inwardsly; her husband had the skill for smooth talking. Some of that and it wouldn't be too hard to convince her to take them along with some excuse.
<Arkbrik2>: The Moderator waved her finger at him playfully. "But don't think you'll influence my report with that, I've already finished it."
<Arkbrik2>: "But just between you and me, I can say my tour yesterday gave a very good impression of your business."
<Silverdreams>: "Well that would be fantastic."
<Silverdreams>: Alai tried to steer the conversation back to her shuttle.
<Silverdreams>: "I haven't been to Moccur VI since I was just a boy, yet I still remember the twin sunset like it was yesterday."
<Silverdreams>: An airy and desperate attempt, but hopefully it would work.
<Arkbrik2>: "That sounds lovely", Dunya said.
<Arkbrik2>: "You've been to Moccur VI before?" the Moderator said. "What brought you there?"
<Silverdreams>: My Dad was a Quantum Church Deacon.
<Silverdreams>: "He visited there to get some paperwork done while the FBI and I made a vacation out of it."
<Arkbrik2>: "Yes, Moccur VI is a very pleasant place... sometimes I feel it's a little wasted on just administrative business."
<Silverdreams>: "Speaking of getting wasted" Alai said as a waiter came with a bottle of wine.
<Silverdreams>: "Why not celebrate your last night here with the finest wine on this colony?"
<Arkbrik2>: "Why not indeed... it doesn't count as bribery anymore!"
<mgb>: With sophisticated tone, the waiter said, "Vignetti 2436, sir. A fine choice with any meal."
<Arkbrik2>: Dunya laughed at the moderator's joke, maybe a little more than it deserved.
<Silverdreams>: Alai also forced a chuckle, perhaps a second later than he should have.
<Arkbrik2>: "That looks excellent", the moderator said eagerly.
<Silverdreams>: Alai said with a smug look on his face "Here, allow me"
<Silverdreams>: He poured the Moderator a first glass, a very full first glass, then pouring some for his wife and then himself.
<Arkbrik2>: "Thank you", the moderator said, raising her glass. "To the bright future of your business, and all of Scade I!"
<Silverdreams>: Alai raised his glass with a nervous smile, "How oblivious is she?" he thought to himself.
<Arkbrik2>: Dunya raised her glass in return, with one of the most forced smiles she had ever made.
<Arkbrik2>: "Oh good", Dunya thought, "then she haven't watched the news tonight."
<mgb>: The man in at the corner table seemed to snort faintly at the statement.
*** Arkbrik2 quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
*** Arkbrik3 joined #Brickwars
<mgb>: You get that last line?
<Arkbrik3>: (back, recap from the snort please)
<mgb>: Said nothing after the snort.
<mgb>: "Calm down, Ron," he thought to himself. "Remember why you're here."
<Silverdreams>: Alai glanced at the man, and his rubbish jacket.
<Silverdreams>: It seemed a little low class, even for this restaurant.
<Arkbrik3>: Dunya gave the man a nervous glance. The last thing she wanted was for some nobody to come up and start blabbering to the Moderator about death and disaster... He didn't look like a mine worker at least. That was a relief.
<Silverdreams>: Alai sensed his wife's distress and quickly patted her on the leg, giving her a look that said "Everything is going to be alright".
<Arkbrik3>: "Anyway", said the Moderator, "I hope you can find the time to visit Moccur VI together some time. It's wonderful. And because of its... dry reputation there's not that many other tourists."
<Silverdreams>: "Hey, Dunya and I will have some time off, perhaps we can go with you and keep this group together."
<Arkbrik3>: "That's a great idea!" Dunya said.
<Arkbrik3>: "Oh, right away?" the Moderator said.
<Arkbrik3>: "Yes,why not?"
<Arkbrik3>: Dunya said.
<Silverdreams>: "I'd love to see the famous landscapes again, and it would be <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> cheaper than renting our own shuttle."
<Silverdreams>: Alai probably shouldn't have said that last part, he now felt somewhat foolish.
<Arkbrik3>: "Well, I do have the extra space on my shuttle... so if you are free right now, then I don't see why not."
<Arkbrik3>: "YES!" Dunya thought.
<Silverdreams>: Alai breathed a sigh of relief, he was safe, his wife was safe, and they would never have to see this rock again.
<mgb>: "Excuse me, perhaps you would you lend a stranger a seat, if you're leaving for Moccur VI?"
*** Arkbrik4 joined #Brickwars
<Arkbrik4>: (back, sigh of relief)
<mgb>: What was the last line you caught?
<mgb>: And why not just be Arkbrik again, instead of Arkbrik4?
<Arkbrik4>: Alai breathed a sigh of relief
<mgb>: "Excuse me, perhaps you would you lend a stranger a seat, if you're leaving for Moccur VI?"
<Arkbrik4>: The moderator turned to the unkempt strange man. "Uh... and who are you?"
*** Arkbrik3 quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
<Silverdreams>: Alai couldn't help but feel threatened by this man, thinking that he would ruin everything.
<mgb>: "You may call me William Pike. I make it a goal to meet new people every day, you see."
<Silverdreams>: "Say, Dunya, I can't say I've ever seen this man in my life"
*** Arkbrik joined #Brickwars
<mgb>: "And I don't believe I've met you before either. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Mr....?"
<Arkbrik>: back, last line "...thinking he would ruin everything"
<Silverdreams>: Though Alai's body was made to be more aesthetically pleasing than physically imposing, he had decided to fight this stranger if it would come down to it.
<mgb>: "You may call me William Pike. I make it a goal to meet new people every day, you see."
<Silverdreams>: <Silverdreams>: "Say, Dunya, I can't say I've ever seen this man in my life"
<Silverdreams>: <mgb>: "And I don't believe I've met you before either. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Mr....?
<Silverdreams>: <Silverdreams>: Though Alai's body was made to be more aesthetically pleasing than physically imposing, he had decided to fight this stranger if it would come down to it.
<mgb>: "I've been meaning to visit Moccur VI for a long time, and my girlfriend...she's...I hoped I could get her there before...to propose. And I couldn't help but overhear that you're going there. So perhaps you'd be so kind as to give a man a lift?"
<mgb>: "I'll pay, if need be."
*** Arkbrik4 quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
<mgb>: you know if you type ?nick (insert name here) you can change your name without leaving?
*** Arkbrik3 joined #Brickwars
<mgb>: */nick
<Arkbrik3>: Arkbrik/nick
<Arkbrik3>: */Arkbrik
<Arkbrik3>: ?
<Silverdreams>: Without asterix
<Silverdreams>: For example /nick arkbrik
*** mgb is now known as nickname
*** Arkbrik3 is now known as Arkbrik
*** nickname is now known as mgb
<Arkbrik>: aah
<Silverdreams>: So how caught up are you?
<Arkbrik>: "I don't run a charter"
<Silverdreams>: "Say William, you're making my wife nervous. Could you please leave?"
*** Arkbrik2 quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
<Arkbrik>: Dunya did her best to look nervous.
<mgb>: "Please. I beg you."
<Arkbrik>: "Why is it so important to you?" the Moderator asked. "I've seen plenty of nice places on this worlds. The mines by sunset..."
<mgb>: But he interrupted.
<mgb>: "She's dying."
<mgb>: His sincerity was inherent and clear.
<Silverdreams>: Alai didn't want to help this man, he wanted to leave with people he trusted, but he couldn't help but feel sympathetic to his plight. Alai didn't know what to do.
<mgb>: "And she's always wanted to go somewhere special, somewhere different."
<Silverdreams>: Alai moved his mouth open to say something, but no words came out.
<Arkbrik2>: last sentence "This guy might just be such a loser..."
<mgb>: where was that?
<Arkbrik2>: Dunya thought that this guy might just be such a loser that he hadn't heard about the mines. That made him a lot less dangerous...
<Arkbrik2>: maybe it didnt get through
<Silverdreams>: Nope.
<Arkbrik2>: then "and she always wanted to go"
<Silverdreams>: Alai moved his mouth open to say something, but no words came out.
<mgb>: "And she's always wanted to go somewhere special, somewhere different."
<Arkbrik2>: "Well... I see..." the moderator said. "Fine. But don't expect any luxury on my shuttle when we're ten people, counting my crew. And don't bring any friends."
*** Arkbrik2 is now known as Arkbrik
<Silverdreams>: "William Pike? My name is Alai, Alai
<mgb>: "No friends. All I want is space for me and my girlfriend."
<Silverdreams>: Martel, and this is my lovely wife Dunya. Very pleased to meet you."
<Arkbrik>: "Pleasure", Dunya said, holding out her hand to shale his.
<Arkbrik>: *shake
<Silverdreams>: Alai shook the man's hand with vigour, feeling his calloused fingers.
<mgb>: "Pleasure to meet you." His words seemed slightly forced, and for the briefest of moments he seemed to be tensing up. But he relaxed , as if he was simply providing a firmer handshake.
<mgb>: You disconnect?
<Arkbrik>: "Well", the moderator said, finishing her wine, "it's getting late. Maybe we should get going. Do you need to pack anything?"
<Silverdreams>: "Maybe some spending money and a few changes of clothes"
<Silverdreams>: Alai and Dunya had in fact packed weeks in advance
<mgb>: "No, I've already got my thing together. Where can I meet you?"
<Arkbrik>: "Yes, it'll be quick..." Dunya said... and then felt just the slightest shake in the floor below her. Fuck. It was beginning already.
<Silverdreams>: "Well, we should really get going. Thank you for such a lovely evening."
<Silverdreams>: Damn this world
<Arkbrik2>: "My shuttle is landed on the sandfield to the west of town. Just a short distance from the mines." the Moderator said. She didn't seem to have noticed the shake.
<Silverdreams>: 's dependance on Niodium he though.
<Silverdreams>: *thought
<Arkbrik2>: (what did you say before that?)
<Silverdreams>: Damn this world
<Silverdreams>: 's dependence...
<Arkbrik>: "Okay!" Dunya said, a little too high-pitched. "We'll go and get our things then! See you soon!"
<mgb>: "We'll make it, Helen. We'll get you out of here, and everything will be okay. We'll find you a doctor."
<mgb>: He thought, with relief.
<Arkbrik>: "See you", the Moderator said, and got up to leave, as did Dunya.
<Silverdreams>: Alai quickly left with his wife, grabbing her hand.
<mgb>: "Very well. Pleasure to meet you. Alai, Dunya."
<mgb>: Ron turned to leave as well.
<mgb>: If we need to skip ahead in time to when they leave, can we do that?
<Arkbrik>: I want to keep going here for a bit...
<mgb>: Ok, be my guest.
<Arkbrik>: "Thank the Uncertainty!" Dunya exclaimed when she and Alai were a safe distance away from the Moderator, hurrying home through the streets.
<Arkbrik>: "I never thought she of all people would be so charitable..."
<Silverdreams>: Alai simply nodded in agreement.
<mgb>: A voice recently made familiar spoke out, "You know, she told you every step of the way, Dunya."
<mgb>: Ron stood behind them.
<Silverdreams>: "William?"
<Arkbrik>: Dunya turned around. "What?"
<mgb>: "Helen, that is. She told you every step of the way, and you wrote her off every time."
<mgb>: "Helen. That name mean anything to you?"
<Silverdreams>: Alai turned around and stood beside his wife, watching this man speak.
<Arkbrik>: Dunya recognized the name instantly. The crazy environmentalist woman, with her insane forecasts of the planet's collapse if they kept mining Niordium... "No".
<Arkbrik>: Course, turned out that she was right after all.
<mgb>: Ron scowled. "Then my first impression of you was wrong. I thought you had some degree of conscience, despite my long standing preconceptions to the contrary.
<Arkbrik>: I think we might just have answered the Question... do you agree?
<Silverdreams>: Yes
<mgb>: Yes, but we could stand to keep going.
<mgb>: I also totally predicted that that would be the answer we would come up with
<Arkbrik>: Nope, it's the rules. If we want to see more here someone will have to make another Scene.
<Silverdreams>: I thought it would have to do with the economy, but this works too.
<Arkbrik>: Yeah, I thought the Niordium Mafia would hit them
<mgb>: Ok, whose turn is it to come up with a scene?
<Arkbrik>: Well, first can someone copy the chatlog and post it in a spoiler in the forum thread, so it's preserved?
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Re: Microscope Forum RPG

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Spoiler
Show
<mgb>: But first, the question:
<mgb>: How can Helen's niordium sickness be treated?
<Arkbrik>: Ooh, nice
<mgb>: And we'll start where we left off, because it was going good.
<Arkbrik>: Okay
<mgb>: This could make a book, even
<Arkbrik>: Required/banned characters? Max 2 of each
<mgb>: Required: Ron Anders, Dunya Martel
<mgb>: Can I ban a character and NPC them?
<mgb>: I'm not actually gonna do that, but I was thinking about it and I'd like to know for future reference.
<Arkbrik>: Nope, banned characters are totally banned
<mgb>: I can't think of anyone I need to ban, actually.
<Silverdreams>: Ban Niordium mafia
<mgb>: That, then
<Silverdreams>: and Euginides family members
<mgb>: Niordium mafia is banned.
<Arkbrik>: Okay, then its character picking time. Now it's the order Arkbrik-Silver-mgb
<Arkbrik>: I pick... Helen.
<Silverdreams>: I pick Dunya Martel
<mgb>: Then I pick Ron Anders, of course.
<Arkbrik>: And Alai gets NPCed by someone.
<Arkbrik>: Thoughts time!
<Silverdreams>: ???
<Silverdreams>: Oh
<mgb>: I don't want to NPC Alai. Can someone else do it?
<Silverdreams>: I will
<Arkbrik>: Of course, anyone can take an NPC as a secondary character, there's no "GM"
<mgb>: "Helen. I didn't have to do it after all. But I'll be damned if I let them off easy."
<Arkbrik>: Helen: "Where is Ron? He's been gone forever now..."
<Silverdreams>: "How could I have forgotten? How could I let myself do this?"
<Arkbrik>: Ok, let's play.
<Silverdreams>: "Alai, why don't you get our things in the shuttle. I'll meet you there in a bit."
<mgb>: "No. You're going to listen to me, dammit!"
<Silverdreams>: "Alai, trust me. I'll be okay. I still have my MF-4
<Arkbrik>: Helen looked out the window of her and Ron's apartment. There was a group of mine workers down on the street, gathered around a barrel with a fire. She saw no sign of Ron.
<mgb>: "Do you take me for a fool? Do you think i'm stupid? I know that you know who she is, because she spoke to you on a regular basis.
<Silverdreams>: (Are you Alai or Ron?)
<Arkbrik>: (best to write the name every time you say something)
<mgb>: I thought you said you'd NPC Alai?
<Silverdreams>: I thought you were playing as Alai.
<mgb>: Ok, granted.
<Silverdreams>: "I don't want to leave you, but I trust you." said Alai, with a hint of sadness and understanding in his voice.
<Silverdreams>: Alai ran off.
<Arkbrik>: Helen paced across the floor, and glanced out the window again. Then, suddenly, the house shaked. The glasses in the kitchen clinked and a few paintings on the wall went askew. That must have been felt all over town.
<mgb>: "Dunya. Remember when I said we'd never met?"
<mgb>: *rumble*
<Silverdreams>: "Yes." Dunya said, showing no weakness, yet trembling as the ground shook.
<mgb>: "That was partially true. We've seen each other in passing before, and your husband too."
<mgb>: "I held you in too much contempt to speak to you then, of course."
<Arkbrik>: She couldn't stay here anymore, she had to find Ron! Helen ran to get her jacket and hurried down the stairs, putting up the large hood. Best if no one saw her face, what with her illness...
<mgb>: "DON'T YOU WALK AWAY, YOU BITCH."
<mgb>: Oh, wait.
<mgb>: Can I unsay that? I misread for a second.
<Arkbrik>: Sure
<Silverdreams>: yeah
<Silverdreams>: I don't want to kill you anyway.
<mgb>: That's how we know that this setting is awesome. I was totally reading and writing in character for a second.
<mgb>: Well technically you can't kill me on your own, since I write the effect.
<mgb>: "Of course, you probably don't remember that."
<Silverdreams>: "You know what happens when you assume."
<Silverdreams>: Said Dunya
<Arkbrik>: Helen went out of the building and quickly walked past the miners. They were agitated after the tremor it seemed. "Just what is going on here?" one shouted. "Fucking Martel is lying to us, I tell you!"
<Silverdreams>: "You make an ass out of you and me." Her voice was cold and void of emotion.
<mgb>: "Of course. Just like you assumed I was just some lower-middle class bum looking for a way off of this planet."
<Arkbrik>: Helen hurried away from the miners, looking for Ron in every direction. The last thing she heard from them as she walked down a side street was "I say we go home to the Martels and give them a piece of our minds!"
<Silverdreams>: "What is it that you want from me?" Dunya said with her hand on her hip.
<Silverdreams>: The MF-4 was a very reliable piece of technology.
<Silverdreams>: It was a collapsible rifle, pistol, and easy to hide on your person.
<mgb>: "But surely you didn't think that such an up-and-coming entrepreneur as myself simply didn't show UP to that dinner."
<Silverdreams>: Three quick snaps and you have the semi-automatic variant, two snaps and you have a pistol in your hands.
<Silverdreams>: "No, I don't think that. What do you want from me?"
<mgb>: "Ron Anders."
<Silverdreams>: Dunya froze.
<Silverdreams>: She thought she'd never hear that name again in her life.
<Arkbrik>: Helen ran through an alley and came out on a bigger street. She saw two people up ahead, but in the dusk she couldn't see who they were.
<Silverdreams>: Or at least she hoped.
*** lawmaster quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
<mgb>: "Perhaps you remember those messages my company sent you. The 'harmony proposal.'
<mgb>: A possible alternative to wholly unsustainable and clearly dangerous niordium mining."
<Silverdreams>: "Oh please, you know what Thane Nemirovsky would do to me"
<Arkbrik>: Helen walked briskly towards the two. Was that Ron...? She wasn't sure.
<mgb>: "Of course! How silly of me! Thane Nemirovsky certainly didn't leave you on a planet which he knew was doomed, not caring whether you made it off or not.
<mgb>: We wouldn't want to make him upset, now would we?"
<Silverdreams>: "If I didn't follow his orders I'd be asphyxiated while another director would be placed to follow his command."
<Arkbrik>: Helen finally got close enough to make out their faces... It was him! "Ron!" she called out.
<Silverdreams>: "You know his old slogan: Blood and steel." Dunya said with a bitter taste in her mouth.
<Arkbrik>: And then saw that the other was Dunya Martel. Out of all people...
<Silverdreams>: Dunya turned to see her. Her.
<mgb>: "Helen?"
<Arkbrik>: "Ron, what are you doing?" Helen said. "This planet is coming down! Have you..." she paused, remembering Dunya's presence.
<mgb>: Ron shook his head, eyes downcast. "...You were right. I didn't do it after all. I didn't have to...I couldn't."
<Silverdreams>: *Snap* *Click* *Snap*
<Silverdreams>: Dunya, knowing what had to be done pulled out her MF-4 and turned it into the semi-automatic.
<mgb>: Ron snapped to attention. "Go ahead, Dunya. Blow away that last bit of your conscience."
<Silverdreams>: Dunya had tears in her eyes. There was only one cure for Niordium sickness...
<Silverdreams>: Death. She fired several rounds at Ron, and then Helen, knowing she'd hit both of her targets.
<mgb>: Except that the gunshots weren't hers.
<Arkbrik>: Helen was hit square in the chest and tossed to the ground, blood spurting.
<mgb>: Thin smoke trailed from Ron's pocket.
<Arkbrik>: (dunyas shots still happen though)
<Silverdreams>: Dunya felt it, and fell to the ground.
<mgb>: No problem.
<Silverdreams>: She couldn't speak, she wanted Alai to come to her rescue.
<mgb>: Ron stood, unscathed, taking in what just happened.
<mgb>: Dust fell from the brick mere inches from his head.
<Arkbrik>: Helen's hood fell off, revealing her face. Strips of skin hang from it, ooze dripping out of the wounds. She felt everything getting darker, and the constant pain in all her sores seemed to lessen.
<Arkbrik>: She had the cure for her sickness at last...
<mgb>: "No.
<mgb>: NO!!!!"
<Silverdreams>: She deserved this. She was a coward, and yet she still wanted to live.
<Arkbrik>: And I think we're finished.
<Silverdreams>: Yup
<mgb>: Yup.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:05 pm

If you find the chatlogs hard to digest there will be summaries in the OP.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Question - Why was Thane Leonid Nemirovsky so obsessed with attaining the Niordium?
Characters - Required: Thane Nemirovsky, Dunya Martel Banned: Helen, Miners.
Setting - Thane Nemirovsky's command ship, the Gypsy
Last edited by Silverdream on Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image lol j/k

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Ron and Helen weren't married yet, remember?
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Re: Microscope Forum RPG - *Snap* *Click* *Snap*

Post by Arkbrik » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:11 am

So that's in the same Event before the other Scenes, right? No other Events to put it in...

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Arkbrik wrote:So that's in the same Event before the other Scenes, right? No other Events to put it in...
Yup, and I'll be late to today's chat, anywhere from a half hour to an hour because the family woke me up early so that we could go to breakfast.
Image lol j/k

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Spoiler
Show
<Arkbrik>: Now then, Silverdream's scene.
<Arkbrik>: Question - Why was Thane Leonid Nemirovsky so obsessed with attaining the Niordium?
<Arkbrik>: Characters - Required: Thane Nemirovsky, Dunya Martel Banned: Helen, Miners.
<Arkbrik>: Setting - Thane Nemirovsky's command ship, the Gypsy
<Arkbrik>: The character picking order is now mgb-Arkbrik-Silver.
<mgb519>: I will be his advisor/right hand man, Gordan Price.
<Arkbrik>: Okay, then I am Thane Nemirovsky.
<Silverdream>: I will be Dunya Martel
<Arkbrik>: Reveal them thoughts.
<Arkbrik>: Same order.
<mgb519>: "Hmm. Once we get this deal going, we can proceed to phase 2."
<Arkbrik>: "Can I really trust Gordan?"
<mgb519>: Wait, you don't trust your right hand man? I'm curious to see how you characterize Thane, then.
<Silverdream>: "If everything goes as planned, I'll be the most powerful woman on Scade II, if not my family could die."
<Arkbrik>: Did you mean Scade II and not I? Or was that a typo?
<Silverdream>: Yes, Scade I
<mgb519>: I predict that he forgot or got confused.
<Silverdream>: My mistake.
<mgb519>: See?
<Arkbrik>: Ok, let's go.
<Arkbrik>: "Welcome aboard the Gypsy, mrs Martel. I hope your journey went smoothly?"
<Silverdream>: "Yes, the shuttle you sent ran very smoothly."
<mgb519>: "May I get you anything? Champagne perhaps?"
<Silverdream>: Dunya bowed to Thane Nemirovsky, keeping an air of confidence.
<Silverdream>: "Champagne would be nice."
<Arkbrik>: "Quite fitting for the occasion as well", Nemirovsky said.
<mgb519>: With a bow, Gordan replies, "I'll have it sent right up." He goes out to the nearest intercom.
<Arkbrik>: Nemirovsky motioned to the luxurious table and couches in the ship's meeting room. "Let's have a seat, shall we?"
<Silverdream>: "Champagne?" she thought. "I shouldn't have agreed to drink it."
<Silverdream>: "Yes, let's."
<Arkbrik>: Nemirovsky sat down with his back to the wall, as by his old habit.
<Arkbrik>: He didn't think it was that necessary today, but... you never know.
<Silverdream>: Dunya sat down on the soft but firm seat, made of Satin and Cedar, two luxuries from the first planet.
<Arkbrik>: "I've read the ten-year prognosises for your mine, and they look very promising."
<Silverdream>: He wouldn't kill me here, she thought. This is where he would offer something.
<Silverdream>: "There's only one problem, Sir."
<Arkbrik>: "Oh?"
<Silverdream>: "The planet relies on the Niordium for it's structure, mine it to the last and the crust could collapse."
<mgb519>: Gordan returns, and leans against a nearby column. He eyes Dunya calmly but cautiously.
<Silverdream>: "I've had it reviewed by several geologists, and they all agree."
<Arkbrik>: "That is... unfortunate. But surely that must be far into the future? The prognosises said there were still several untapped veins."
<mgb519>: "...all the reputable ones, anyway."
<Silverdream>: "At the rate we're mining right now, twenty years. At the rate of miner influx and expansion we've got maybe ten years."
<Silverdream>: "The Niordium is located at very important spots in the crust."
<Silverdream>: "So it doesn't matter how many veins there are."
<mgb519>: "She's right, sir.
<Silverdream>: Dunya looked at Gordan oddly. She didn't expect to be backed up by him.
<Arkbrik>: "Still, the Quantum Church is in dire need of Niordium... planet after planet is running out. If our supply should be cut off, only the Uncertainty can help us." Nemirovsky said in his best pious voice. Like he cared one moment about the Church...
<mgb519>: ...however, there are several proposals for adding supports in place of removed ore. They seem structurally sound."
<mgb519>: "Surely you've seen those?"
<Silverdream>: "Do they?" Dunya asked. "I've never heard of them."
<Arkbrik>: (was that in reply to Nemirovsky or Gordan?)
<Silverdream>: (Gordan)
<Silverdream>: (Actually, it works better for the Thane)
<mgb519>: (It does? I thought the Quantum Church was still well known at this point)
<Arkbrik>: "You... haven't heard of the Quantum Church?"
<Silverdream>: "No, of course I have. I haven't heard of the worlds running out."
<Arkbrik>: "Oh! I misunderstood... naturally you've heard of the Church."
<Arkbrik>: "But anyway, yes, it is a major problem for us."
<Arkbrik>: "So our proposal is that you stop selling to other Niordium buyers and give us an exclusive contract."
<Silverdream>: "Or?" Said Dunya, staring at the grand Thane.
<Arkbrik>: "Naturally, we'll pay handsomely. Better than you could get from anyone else."
<Arkbrik>: "Or else, the Church would be... disappointed."
<Silverdream>: "There's one problem."
<Arkbrik>: "Yes?"
<mgb519>: "Oh, it's not like we'd do anything to you."
<Silverdream>: "I don't want to live on a collapsing world."
<mgb519>: "And there lies the thing. Surely you have use for these blueprints?"
<mgb519>: "I've had several teams of engineers address this problem, and all their solutions seem structurally sound and economically viable."
<Silverdream>: Dunya looked at the blueprints, none of them seemed like they would work in real life.
<Silverdream>: She looked closer, it was made by an archbishop of the quantum church
<mgb519>: (I didn't hand you the blueprints yet)
<Silverdream>: (Your speech made it seem that way.)
<mgb519>: (You don't think I would hand you something that would make me seem less credible BEFORE you signed a contract, do you?)
<Arkbrik>: "Very good of you, Gordan!" Nemirovsky said. "With those supports there wouldn't be any problem, hmm?"
<Silverdream>: Dunya looked ahead, silent. Leonid Nemirovsky didn't become a Thane from peaceful means.
<Silverdream>: "Let me see those blueprints."
<Arkbrik>: "Would you be so kind, Gordan?"
<mgb519>: "Before I do that, I suggest that you think about the proposal, Dunya. You and the thane might continue to discuss the deal while I go get those."
<mgb519>: "They're locked up in a safe otherwise. Surely you can appreciate that we are cautious with such valuable assets."
<Silverdream>: "Why do you need the Niordium so badly?"
<Silverdream>: Dunya was straight to the point, she was fed up with all the pussyfooting.
<Arkbrik2>: "For the wars, I'm afraid..." Nemirovsky said. "Heathens and heretics attack our borders restlessly. Niordium torpedoes are the best weapon of all in ship-to-ship combat."
<mgb519>: (I declare that that answer is crooked and/or incomplete, or a lie.)
<Arkbrik2>: Of course, Nemirovsky thought, very little of Scade I's Niordium would end up there.
<Arkbrik2>: (You are correct.)
<Silverdream>: "But, just torpedoes?"
<mgb519>: (I have uncanny plot sense. Do you have an answer yet)
<mgb519>: "Oh, the church uses it for various services. Baptisms and the like."
<Arkbrik2>: "In small quantities, naturally."
<Silverdream>: Dunya was dumbfounded. Either this Thane was stupid and didn't know how to use resources, or he was lying.
<Arkbrik>: "Well, we spend a lot of it, anyway."
<mgb519>: "We also use it for some of our more practical servies, like cancer treatment and other serious ailments, in our hospitals."
<Silverdream>: "Cancer treatments? Do you take me for a fool?"
<mgb519>: "Used properly and in controlled amounts, it can cure illness instead of causing it."
<Arkbrik>: "Aside from helping out the holy Church, being an official contractor brings other benefits as well," Nemirovsky said, trying to move the conversation in a better direction.
<Arkbrik>: "Gordan, I'm not sure if you're completely read up on that... have you got those blueprints yet?"
<Silverdream>: "Other benefits you say?" Dunya said seductively.
<mgb519>: "Calm yourself, Dunya. There is no need to get hostile on the thane's ship, as we are making every effort to be hospitable and understanding to your sentiments."
<mgb519>: Gordan put particular emphasis on the latter part of the sentence, having since returned.
<Silverdream>: "Perhaps I can think of a few benefits of this contract." she said, lowering herself and showing ample cleavage.
<Silverdream>: Though she didn't want to seduce the thane
<Arkbrik>: "Yes, every year we will send a State Moderator to make sure everything is going smoothly for you, who will provide any aid you might need."
<Silverdream>: , all she wanted was an honest answer.
<mgb519>: (If I have anything to say about it, this scene will not end while Dunya is still in the room.)
<Arkbrik>: Nemirovsky couldn't put his finger on it, but something told him that mrs Martel was starting to warm up to his proposal.
<Silverdream>: Dunya became dissapointed that she had to get by on more than looks. It was obvious that his secret was too great to tell.
<mgb519>: "Have you given our offer any thought, Mrs. Martel?
<Silverdream>: *sigh* "
<Silverdream>: "I guess I have no choice."
<Silverdream>: "As long as you provide a way for me and my husband to escape."
<Silverdream>: "And a helluva lot of credits."
<Arkbrik>: "It is for the best of us all," Nemirovsky said, trying to not let his overjoyedness show to much.
<mgb519>: "Certainly. But I assure you, the plans my engineers have developed are solid and reliable."
<Arkbrik>: "Oh, naturally, the Moderator will handle any needs you might have."
<mgb519>: "Forgive me for not bringing those up, but a cleaning crew was in my way. I'll have them sent directly to you, however."
<Arkbrik>: Nemirovsky pushed the contract, which had been lying on the table all along, over to Dunya, as well as pencil.
<Arkbrik>: *a pencil
<Arkbrik>: *pen
<Silverdream>: "Very well." Dunya said. She grabbed the red pen with her left hand and signed the contract.
<Arkbrik>: Nemirovsky allowed himself a deep, satisfied sigh. With this much Niordium on his hands, he could finally get the Niordium Mafia off his back. He was a free man.
<mgb519>: "Excellent. I'm sure you will find the deal to be favorable to you."
<Arkbrik>: And I think we're done.
<Silverdream>: Yup.
<mgb519>: Yup.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Spoiler
Show
<Arkbrik2>: Okay, now it's my turn to finish the Starmetal Focus, with two nested things - Period/Event or Event/Scene.
<Arkbrik2>: My Event will be in the Period of The Starmetal Age: "The Martel family land on the uninhabited world of Scade I and start prospecting operations."
<Arkbrik2>: [LIGHT]
<Arkbrik>: The Scene in that Event: Question - Who was the first victim of the Niordium sickness?
<Arkbrik>: Setting: The home of the Martel family. Everyone is dying of Niordium sickness in their beds, except the youngest son, Peter Martel.
<Arkbrik>: Characters - Required: Peter Martel. Banned: None.
<Arkbrik>: The picking order is Silver-mgb-Arkbrik.
<Silverdream>: I will be Neil Martel, Peter's uncle.
<mgb519>: I will be Harris Martel, current head of the household.
<Arkbrik>: What relation do you have to Peter?
<Silverdream>: My Bro? Or my Dad?
<mgb519>: Neil, I am your father.
<Arkbrik>: Okay, then I am Peter Martel.
<Arkbrik>: Reveal your thoughts, same order.
<mgb519>: So I'm Peter's grandfather, at the ripe old age of 73.
<Silverdream>: "All praise to the uncertainty for Peter's health."
<mgb519>: "I don't have long left, do I? Peter...it's a lot to put on his shoulders at an age so young, but he'll have to be ready."
<Silverdream>: I will be 47 years old.
<Arkbrik>: "What is happening to everyone? Why are they so sick... and why am I not sick? Are they going to... die?"
<Arkbrik>: Peter is 13.
<mgb519>: I was totally going to suggest that.
<mgb519>: Then I rememebered that I can't suggest stuff.
<Arkbrik>: Good job
<Arkbrik>: And now we start
<Arkbrik>: Peter sits holding his mother's hand, not caring about the ooze it's covered in. His mother can still sit up, and she croaks "Go talk to your grandfather... I think he would want that."
<Arkbrik>: Peter nods and walks into his grandfather's and uncle's room.
<Silverdream>: Neil coughs loudly, as blood goes into his kerchief.
<Arkbrik>: Peter helps Neil hold the kerchief to his mouth. "Do you want more water?"
<Silverdream>: "Yes. Yes please." Neil says with a husky voice.
<mgb519>: "Peter? Peter..."
<Arkbrik>: Peter runs out into the kitchen and pours some water from the tank into a mug, then hurries back to Neil with it. "Yes grandfather?"
<mgb519>: "...sit down. I need to talk to you."
<Arkbrik>: Peter sits down on a chair next to his grandfather's bed.
<mgb519>: "I don't...I don't have a lot of time left. I may have less time left in this universe than the others. But before I go, I need to trust you with great responsibility."
<Arkbrik>: Peter looks at his grandfather with eyes wide open. He nods slowly.
<mgb519>: "You're so young, but you've had so much responsibility thrust upon you already. Yet so much more will be given in the near future.
<mgb519>: The mines will continue to run whether we want them to or not. There is no changing that. If I could put the cursed stuff back into the earth and seal the mines forever, I would have done so years ago. Looking back, my one regret is that I started this business in the first place, that I spearheaded the mines' construction."
<mgb519>: "Yes, they will continue to run, make no mistake. But it will be your responsibility to control them, to exercise the utmost discretion when you deal it out."
<Arkbrik>: Peter swallows. "Yes. I will, grandfather.
<mgb519>: "Tread cautiously. There are those who will remove you if they feel that you withhold it from them."
<mgb519>: "The niordium mafia."
<mgb519>: "But withhold it you must, to the greatest extent that you can. And never let them know that you are doing so."
<Arkbrik>: Peter listens nervously. Just a few months ago he had all these people in charge; of him, of the mines, everything. Now, he's been the one looking after them. And soon, he will get even bigger challenges.
<mgb519>: "For a better tomorrow, you must be better than I was. I was to greedy when I managed the mines, and this is the price I pay."
<Arkbrik>: "But... but how am I going to..." Peter doesn't know how to finish that question.
<mgb519>: "You must find it in you, Peter."
<mgb519>: "The tasks before you will be difficult, and dangerous."
<mgb519>: "It will be too much for one man to handle, let alone a boy of 13 years."
<mgb519>: "So you must find people you trust, turn to them for advice, even as they look to you for leadership."
<Arkbrik>: People I trust? Peter thinks. He wouldn't say that he trusts many of the mine workers. They're loud and rough.
<Arkbrik>: But he know his uncle Neil have been spending a lot of time with them, so they can't be all bad...
<mgb519>: "You'll learn over the years how to distinguish between those who you can trust and those you cannot."
<mgb519>: "Your friends, Harmon and Elaine, would be a good place to start."
<Silverdream>: "The greatest thing a Martell has is his brain." said Neil from across the room.
<mgb519>: (one "l," not two.)
<Silverdream>: (fuck)
<mgb519>: (not a big deal)
<Arkbrik>: Peter brightens up a little. His grandmother always said he had a good head.
<Silverdream>: "Me, I relied on muscle, and my friends and Family."
<Silverdream>: "Be like your Father, or Grandpa. Be a great, smart man."
<mgb519>: "Neil, you give me too much credit."
<Silverdream>: "Like hell
<Arkbrik>: "I will, uncle." Peter says. "But you're not bad either! We would never have got this house up without you..."
<mgb519>: "After all, I'm the damned fool who started the whole thing, and it's brought nothing but grief to the universe."
<Silverdream>: "You're a good boy Peter." Neil said to his nephew. "You're the future of this family."
<Arkbrik>: Harmon and Elaine! Peter thinks. He hadn't thought about them, not with this whole big... adult thing. They're hardly older than him. But he's sure they'll help him.
<mgb519>: "Your uncle is right. You have a good heart, and that comes first in a good leader."
<Arkbrik>: "I won't disappoint you, uncle, grandfather. I can do this."
<mgb519>: "Remember to do what's right for the many."
<mgb519>: "I have no doubts that you'll make a fine leader."
<Silverdream>: (I gotta go.)
<mgb519>: "I only wish your mother had had the opportunity to see you."
<Silverdream>: (I thought I would have another hour).
<Arkbrik>: Peter is getting tears in his eyes, but he doesn't feel sad anymore.
<Silverdream>: "Peter. Goodbye."
<mgb519>: "She would have been very proud of you, Peter."
<Arkbrik>: "What?" Peter turns to his uncle and grabs his hand.
<mgb519>: (DAMMIT, LET ME DIE FIRST)
<Silverdream>: Neil ceased breathing. His heart stopped and all life came out of him.
<mgb519>: (DAMMIT, SILVER)
<Arkbrik>: And we're done.
<mgb519>: (I HAD THIS COVERED.)
<Silverdream>: (:trololol
<Arkbrik>: Light or dark? I say Light.
<Silverdream>: Light.
<mgb519>: Yeah.
<mgb519>: Hopeful sadness.

BFenix
Pooplord

Re: Microscope Forum RPG - DAMMIT, LET ME DIE FIRST

Post by BFenix » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Starmetals...

:666:

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:57 pm

Going on vacation for 12 days. Leaving on Tuesday.
Image lol j/k

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:56 am

Okay. I will be gone as well from Thursday. Let's finish up this round and take a break until everyone's back.

The last thing to do is for Silverdream to create a Legacy. You pick one thing that came up during this round as your Legacy. It can be a person, object, place, institution, concept, whatever. Then you get to make an Event or a Dictated Scene relating to your Legacy.

When you make a Dictated Scene, you say what Event it is in, state the Question and the setting, and then just describe on your own what happens until the Question is answered.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:53 pm

My legacy is: Thanes.

I will create an event in the Euginidian Era:

War of Unification by King Constantine I. -DARK

Those who do not bow to King Constantine are conquered, and in most cases, slaughtered. The Alliance of Independent Nations that stood up to the Euginides Dynasty are outnumbered, outgunned, and easily beaten.
Image lol j/k

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Silverdream wrote:My legacy is: Thanes.

I will create an event in the Euginidian Era:

War of Unification by King Constantine I. -DARK

Those who do not bow to King Constantine are conquered, and in most cases, slaughtered. The Alliance of Independent Nations that stood up to the Euginides Dynasty are outnumbered, outgunned, and easily beaten.
Silverdream wrote:Euginidian Era -LIGHT
The Euginides Dynasty unites all worlds in a Monarchial Meritocracy, causing peace and prosperity.
This goes between The Reaching and The Quantum Conquest.
Ok, then.
Do I not create a legacy as well, for some reason?
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Nope, only the player to the right of (ie. before) the current Lens creates a Legacy.

Silverdream, how does that Event relate to Thanes?