Hello there.

A friendly place for friendly people where we all play nice and share.

Moderator: Colette

Forum rules
Play nice with n00bs in the New People threads. Save the abuse, trolling, and pr0n for everywhere else.

Hello there.

Postby ishnox » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:31 pm

This is my first post. I am Ishnox, long-time BrikWars lurker and apparently I made an account some time ago. To answer the questions:
Who I am: Ishnox, Texas chump. Not much else to say.
Do I live with my mom: ...Yes. Don't judge me too early. I'll have you know, I'm 16, and that makes me mature.
Where I come from: Texas.
My quest: Various agendas.

I have some questions of my own, if I am fortunate enough to be answered: I have noticed many people with large numbers of pieces and minifigures I have either never seen or own enough parts to make half of one. Are these parts acquired from eBay, or some similar venue? Or do said players simply own enormous amounts of awesome pieces from years of collecting?
I Am.
Don't Doubt Me.
ishnox
Champion

Re: Hello there.

Postby The Shadowscythe » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:11 pm

Welcome to the forum doodski, the only way from here . . . is down . . .

ishnox wrote: I'll have you know, I'm 16, and that makes me mature.

ishnox wrote:I have some questions of my own, if I am fortunate enough to be answered: I have noticed many people with large numbers of pieces and minifigures I have either never seen or own enough parts to make half of one. Are these parts acquired from eBay, or some similar venue? Or do said players simply own enormous amounts of awesome pieces from years of collecting?

I can step up too the plate here -

My assorted lego collection is made up of my own lego over about 25 years (myself being, 25) and various other peoples legos that have been absorbed into my own collection, as a result - I ended up with more traditional briks and plates than build worthy pieces - to counter this I have been using LDD since my arrival to the forums in 2008 to design each unit I build, before I build them.

For this I normally use the pick-a-brick online store provided by lego itself, but others on the forum have been known to use Ebay, Bricklink, Brickarms and various other online retailers to acquire their collections.

Whatever method you choose, I bid you luck in your brik-related future mayhem.

Welcome to brikwars.

We own you now.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby ishnox » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Thank you for the introduction.
Indeed I am sixteen. No joke there. My brother and I amassed quite a collection of Legos ourselves. I made a Hero a while back with the Ogel chestpiece, black head, helmet, and visor, and three weapons strapped to his back to add to the one in his hand. I thought he was awesome until I started lurking on the BrikWars forums and found that my 'fig looked like a flat-out imitation of one of Warhead's Immortals. After giving him Hawkeye's compound bow, I disassembled him after my post and made a new Hero. I can post pics if you care to see.
Wow, I made this account back in 2009? When I posted, I logged in without really knowing if I had an account or not. Guess I better update it.
The Shadowscythe wrote:We own you now.

Awh, you flatter me good sir. Especially after reading about an apparent purge of 'dimmies and (bad or fake players, I can't remember)' (I still don't know exactly what a 'dimmy' is, should I even be here!?) Aaanyways, happy fighting.
I Am.
Don't Doubt Me.
ishnox
Champion

Postby Colette » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:40 pm

ishnox wrote:This is my first post. I am Ishnox, long-time BrikWars lurker and apparently I made an account some time ago. To answer the questions:
Who I am: Ishnox, Texas chump. Not much else to say.
Do I live with my mom: ...Yes. Don't judge me too early. I'll have you know, I'm 16, and that makes me mature.
Where I come from: Texas.
My quest: Various agendas.

I have some questions of my own, if I am fortunate enough to be answered: I have noticed many people with large numbers of pieces and minifigures I have either never seen or own enough parts to make half of one. Are these parts acquired from eBay, or some similar venue? Or do said players simply own enormous amounts of awesome pieces from years of collecting?

Greetings, not-very-newbie.

As for your question, it'd be best for you to try to make do with what you have for now. When you start getting serious about brikwars, try bricklink. It has practically every piece ever made in practically any quantity you want if you are willing to pay the price and shipping.

Good luck, and I hope your lurking has been enough.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:42 am

ishnox wrote:Thank you for the introduction.
Indeed I am sixteen. No joke there. My brother and I amassed quite a collection of Legos ourselves. I made a Hero a while back with the Ogel chestpiece, black head, helmet, and visor, and three weapons strapped to his back to add to the one in his hand. I thought he was awesome until I started lurking on the BrikWars forums and found that my 'fig looked like a flat-out imitation of one of Warhead's Immortals. After giving him Hawkeye's compound bow, I disassembled him after my post and made a new Hero. I can post pics if you care to see.
Wow, I made this account back in 2009? When I posted, I logged in without really knowing if I had an account or not. Guess I better update it.
The Shadowscythe wrote:We own you now.

Awh, you flatter me good sir. Especially after reading about an apparent purge of 'dimmies and (bad or fake players, I can't remember)' (I still don't know exactly what a 'dimmy' is, should I even be here!?) Aaanyways, happy fighting.

Naaaah, I was more pointing out the "16 and mature bit" We have players in thier mid 40's *cough*warhead*cough*splutter* who are less mature than your average 8 year old . . . maturity is a concept not often used in these parts. :boss:

And yes, we DO own you now - so don't feed the silva or the shitgoat and you should be fine. :lol:

The Shadowscythe

Postby Silverdream » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:49 pm

Correction: I own you. Scythe is mah main bitch. You can be a tertiary bitch if you want.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Thesson » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Don't trust his lies
Thesson
Dimmy

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Silverdream wrote:Correction: I own you. Scythe is mah main bitch. You can be a tertiary bitch if you want.

I ain't your bitch - you are everyone elses bitch.

You wanna say otherwise? We have a ban for that. :boss:

The Shadowscythe

Postby Colette » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Hey, no saying anybody is anybody else's female dog in the new people forum. Here we play nice and share, and I'm going to edit all that profanity out once I have computer access because it doesn't belong here. Go and spam blah blah minecraft or thunderdumb instead. As for silva I will cook up something to shame him in front of all the newbies.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Silverdream » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Colette wrote:Hey, no saying anybody is anybody else's female dog in the new people forum. Here we play nice and share, and I'm going to edit all that profanity out once I have computer access because it doesn't belong here. Go and spam blah blah minecraft or thunderdumb instead. As for silva I will cook up something to shame him in front of all the newbies.

Just go ahead and think for a minute, this is to all the noobs, all the jerkoffs, all the normal people. Why are they cooking up reasons for you to fear me and hate me? Is it because one of them is autistic and the other is a 12 year old? Quite possibly, but I have better reasoning.

It is because somehow, somewhere in my awkward and repetitive troll attempts(which I'm sorry, you guys should be like Ham and Rayhawk and Nat and see them coming a mile away) I made them booty bothered. My harebrained and idiotic plots actually hurt them on the inside, and now they seek to make me the villain instead of the trickster I really am.

TL;DR They can go lick their Daddy's dicks.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:46 pm

I always throught that brikwars operated along these lines . . .

We where just getting more . . . creative with our insults . . .

The Shadowscythe

Postby Silverdream » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:34 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:I always throught that brikwars operated along these lines . . .

We where just getting more . . . creative with our insults . . .

Insults? Oh please. You couldn't offend me with any less than the complete genocide of the North American peoples.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby ishnox » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Silverdream wrote:Insults? Oh please. You couldn't offend me with any less than the complete genocide of the North American peoples.

Have you forgotten that this is Brikwars? This can be arranged.

Anyways, I appreciate the arguments on my intro page (or neo-intro, I apparently posted with this account when I was 13), however, instead of taking sides, let me say that I look forward to seeing all of you and making friends with all of you (or mortal enemies). All of my other IRL friends have e-buddies, it's about time I got some, too, and would hate to any of my new brosephs mad.
I Am.
Don't Doubt Me.
ishnox
Champion

Postby Zupponn » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:48 pm

ishnox wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Insults? Oh please. You couldn't offend me with any less than the complete genocide of the North American peoples.

Have you forgotten that this is Brikwars? This can be arranged.

Anyways, I appreciate the arguments on my intro page (or neo-intro, I apparently posted with this account when I was 13), however, instead of taking sides, let me say that I look forward to seeing all of you and making friends with all of you (or mortal enemies). All of my other IRL friends have e-buddies, it's about time I got some, too, and would hate to any of my new brosephs mad.

Just don't follow Colette's example and you should be fine.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Return to New People Start Here