Interlude: The Gathering

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Interlude: The Gathering

Post by Zahru II » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:14 pm

So, after a lengthy break, let's have a recap of the past events:

- Ursa Hold is besieged and taken by the Dark Horde, and a war of attrition begins between the two warring sides, until Majisto, Arthel Wolfsbane and Ferdinand von Bragstein manage to break through and establish Defiance Keep. Details here

- Xalen arrives to Northeros from Westeros, in search for a powerful artifact. During his journey, he 'befriends' a colorful group of allies, with whom he has to fight a powerful individual only known as 'the Destroyer'. In the end, they succeed, but not without losses. Details here

- Apollyon, after returning behind enemy lines, has to venture to elven lands in order to atone for his failures. However, his trial is interrupted by an unforeseen undead assault, which they manage to fight back. After seeing his true heroic nature, Apollyon is only punished with eternal banishment form elven lands, and returns to serve the Empire. Details here

Now, several weeks had passed without anything major happening... until now.

Ursa Hold:

EvB: 'Greetings Warlock! We're ready with the preparations.'
Warlock: 'Excellent Ezra. While I would've preferred if we had the heart of that treekin to use for this... operation, what you had manage do is still a marvelous work of craftsmanship. It appears that recovering you wasn't a complete mistake. Now, let the summoning begin!'

*chanting, magical effects, ground shaking*

EvB: 'It seems that the device survived the transportation without any harm, Warlock. Although I must say, the way you brought it here wasn't in the most... subtle manner.'
Warlock: 'As if I care! What matters is that the Amplifier is right where I want it to be, in the middle of a great battlefield, with many fallen warriors around it. Once I manage to tap into the machine and charge it up, my powers will be magnified tenfold! Then, I shall even surpass Malekim, and call forth a second awakening of undead hordes!'
EvB: 'Ambitious plans Warlock, but surely the Imperial armies won't just sit around and watch you, especially how conspicuous the summoning was.'

Warlock: 'I know, and I wouldn't expect them not to come. I've already ordered my minions to gather here, you should notify your cultists too. Orks! Rally your hordes as well! This will be a bloodbath; in which the Imperial army will drown once I set loose a sea of corpses right under their feet! BWAHAHAHAHA!'

*to be continued soon-ish.*
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Zahru II

Re: Interlude: The Gathering

Post by Zahru II » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Soon after the summoning of the Amplifier, Defiance Keep gets a lot busier than usual:

Arthel: 'Good to see you Majisto and Gallikronn! Could you explain what happened at Ursa Hold? From what we could see, the Dark Horde is amassing large numbers of troops around the Hold, which glows in a bizarre green light at night.'
Majisto: 'Well observed, Arthel. From what we could gather without being noticed, it appears that the Warlock himself resides in Ursa Hold, and he brought with himself a terrible magical device, brimming with necrotic energies, similar to what I've experienced at... Malekim.'
Arthel: 'This doesn't sound good at all... that old scum took away Direwood and brought us this undead... plague.'

Majisto: 'Indeed, whatever the Warlock wants to use it, it could be catastrophic for the Empire. Luckily, We might have what it takes to stop him. Lady Liana and her allies, including Xalen, had acquired an ancient artifact, which is brimming with destructive powers.'
Xalen: 'The old man's right, this thing, if used correctly, can vaporize anything it touches. It's sounds like a suicide run, but... I'll try and get to this Warlock. His lackey murdered people dear to Lady Liana, it's personal. I want to see him cower in fear as everything around him falls apart.'
Liana: 'Also, the King has received note of these events, and dispatched reinforcements to Defiance Keep. I personally vow to fight by your side, Sir Wolfsbane.'

Blaze: 'Hey lass, don't you think that you can have all the fun here! I have come with the finest dwarves of Thane Mithrilfist to fight against these filths!'
Apollyon: 'I am glad to say that I got back to servitude as runeknight once again; you can count on my order and me as well.'
Arthel: 'It's good to see you back, old friends.'

Elf Gawain (force commander): 'Hail, Arthel Wolfsbane! Our kin had suffered a surprise attack from the undead hordes, whom we had greatly underestimated. Even though our relations with the Empire are not the best, this is threat we cannot take lightly, and so, we offer our aid in this fight.'
Apollyon:
'That voice! It's rather familiar...'

Valeera: 'Oh, I wonder why... good to see you Apollyon, and that you have found your place amongst your kind again.'

Ferdinand von Bragstein: 'Sorry for being late, I was busy negotiating with the Guild; I managed to persuade them in lending some of their machines.'

Last but not least...

Drakhirri Lord: 'I may be the unwelcome visitor here, but now's a time when one must put all his differences aside, right? With the Horde encroaching on Drakhirri lands, I'm seeking aid from the Empire.'
Arthel: 'If aid is what you need, aid is what will you get- if you're willing to prove that you're worthy of it by fighting along your kind this time.'
Drakhirii Lord: 'That's a deal I could get behind! I shall bring my finest longblades to battle!'

Arthel: 'Honestly, I'm glad that I can fight alongside such noble heroes and brave souls. Everyone's aid is respected. Now, we shall march together on the fields of glory, as the last bulwark of the growing tides of evil! To arms, brethren! Gather the armies! The Warlock shall be crushed!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:09 pm

Holy shit, from the looks of it this is going to be another all-in all-out fight.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:24 pm

I hope that the imperial troops have gotten better training than in your last forum battle Zahru... :D
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:48 pm

With this many heros, who needs an army!
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Scratch wrote:With this many heros, who needs an army!
As the amount of heroes increases, so does the amount of redshirts required to give their lives so the named minis can continue to pursue their career as invulnerable 'heroes' :wink:
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:46 pm

Err, what about the evil heroes?

I am looking forward to this. Almost tempted to send you more figs for this battle, Zahru. ;-)
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Predator
Dimmy

Post by Predator » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:37 pm

Drakhirri lord... :<3: :iconcur:
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)
Get Him!!!! :fist:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.