Supernatural Dice Pool Reference Cards

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Cytheran
Officer

Re: Supernatural Dice Pool Reference Cards

Post by Cytheran » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:57 pm

I forget about cp sometimes because I don't use it. I try to only assign 5 dicemax to one or two units though. What would stats be for say a standard pirates cannon that I want to use explosive ammo be?
Is it just shooting a size 1 exp? (Which would make sense thinking about it now)Since I usually play solo I just fudge, a lot. And I just started using the
2010 Rulebook.

Predator
Dimmy

Post by Predator » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:04 am

Rev. Sylvanus wrote: Not to mention, I've slaughtered opponents with "under"powered stuff before when they have bad general-ship :twisted:
I 2nd that. I once had a Riot scenario where I played about 100 guys, and the opponent played 15 hero like guys. Won it. (No pics, cuz my phone failed me and some1 else borrowed my cam)
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)
Get Him!!!! :fist:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 am

Cytheran wrote:What would stats be for say a standard pirates cannon that I want to use explosive ammo be?
Is it just shooting a size 1 exp? (Which would make sense thinking about it now)Since I usually play solo I just fudge, a lot. And I just started using the
2010 Rulebook.
If you wanted it based on explosive rounds, I'd say make it a size 2" launcher (6cp, use 4, 12" range) and then buy as many explosives as you think you will need. I typically only bring about 4 explosives per thing that uses them since most games I've played don't go very far beyond turn 6, and with a 12" range you may need a turn or two to maneuver into position.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

IX_Legion
Minifig

Post by IX_Legion » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:25 am

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:The idea of over- versus under- powered is a moot point if no one calculates CP. Because at that point the game becomes about whatever you feel like bringing and stats can be whatever your heart desires.
That's my problem, because in nearly all the battles I fight I play both sides, so I just pull out some armies and fight it out. Bit hard when the completely arbitrary SDs get thrown in.
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:31 am

It is also interesting to note that so many other games suffer from "OP casters." Warhammer, WH 40K, DnD, many RTS's, etc. In many of these games, a caster left unchecked is often devastating. So in "casual" brikwars, an army that doesn't commit a lot of resources to eliminating a caster early will probably be hurting in the long run. Another option would be to make sure both sides have comparable numbers of SD dice/casters. OR, for every wizard an opponent has over your own, you can add a hero that ignores crankiness. Or enjoy the challenges of up hill battles 8)
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:Or enjoy the challenges of up hill battles 8)
More often than not, this is the eventual conclusion. Having an even number of dice might be a quick enough balance though.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:01 am

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:It is also interesting to note that so many other games suffer from "OP casters." Warhammer, WH 40K, DnD, many RTS's, etc. In many of these games, a caster left unchecked is often devastating. So in "casual" brikwars, an army that doesn't commit a lot of resources to eliminating a caster early will probably be hurting in the long run.
More dice mean more consistent Fumbles though - powerful casters leave their own sides hurting in the long run also.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:37 pm

I play tested SD dice (have pics but too lazy right now), and found wizards to have <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> of offensive power but still easy to defeat. The mage on the other team managed to destroy my dreadnought with one spell, but I killed her on the next turn. I think it's about fair (also, she had a dice pool of 3d6, 2d8, and 1d12), but of course this could change once stubby works out SD response actions.