When the Dust Settles...

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

When the Dust Settles...

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:16 pm

After the destruction of Avalon, the Menggu quickly consolidated their power and gained control over the worlds formerly under the control of Avalon. Gregor Choom served his term in office and a new president, Alavar Cortuth was elected. The Menggu, feeling guilty for speeding the Avalonian demise, passed a law stating that any Avalonian refugee would be granted immediate citizenship among the Menggu if they so chose. No Avalonian accepted the offer.

With the other 48 star systems under their control, the Menggu prospered, but questions began to arise as to how long the prosperity wold last.

Orrdu Manthane, a high ranking minister, approached President Cortuth one day with a startling discovery.

"Minister Manthane, what a pleasant surprise! And what may this humble man do for you?"

"Sir, ever since we have gained control of the territories formerly belonging to Avalon, there have been questions that remain unanswered."

"As you already know, the 48 worlds that we have brought under our jurisdiction were originally part of the Kingdom of Avalon. That would be all of the worlds except for Cyrmu. Every time we try to establish contact with Cyrmu, there's no response. We've sent scouts to their coordinates, but they haven't found anything."

"Perhaps the refugees still fear us? We did destroy their world."

"I don't think that's the answer. Think about it. The official battle report of Hopklis Nur stated that Uther Pendragon and Sky Marshal Myrna of Prussia entered the temple and teleported to Cyrmu, but there's no documentation regarding the visit and we never saw how that battle really ended. Semaj Nagirrac stated that Avalon later fought a war with their brethren at Cyrmu and eventually triumphed over them, but there's isn't any documentation of that either. The Avalonians relied heavily on propaganda videos of their victories to secure alliances across the galaxy, but they couldn't produce a single tape regarding Cyrmu?
Don't forget that the Ying Si Ninja Society infiltrated their government during the first invasion and then the Avalonians suddenly had a spy network exactly like the Ying Si, but with different colored uniforms."

"What are you getting at?"

"I'm almost finished, sir. Semaj Nagirrac and Uther Pendragon, some of the toughest Avalonian fighters, are then killed at Elyngweth by the Ying Si, although Nagirrac's body was never recovered, and Avalon falls victim to the peach virus before having demon gates open and the world gets destroyed by a RT Seed Bomb. Does that make any sense to you at all, sir? Take into consideration that General Atazir miraculously reappears without notifying us, we who were his first employers, and uses Nagirrac's seal to start a war between the Third Alliance and the Allied Nations."

"All of this does seem confusing. If I can recall correctly, a RT Seed Bomb is not meant to destroy a planet, but what are you suggesting, Minister Manthane?"

"We found this among the earliest record we have of the Avalonian transmissions to the Brikverse. Look carefully at the person standing behind Nagirrac..."

"Was that an Ying Si agent?"

"Mr. President, I'm suggesting that the entire Brikverse has been duped..."
Zupponn wrote:Where the hell did Semaj come from?

Thesson
Cannon Fodder

Re: When the Dust Settles...

Post by Thesson » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Oh crap! I've been duped!

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:18 pm

:shock: TWIST!
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:46 am

So, just curious, but how far ahead do you have your storyline planned out?

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:20 am

Zupponn wrote:So, just curious, but how far ahead do you have your storyline planned out?
Dice have different sides, but only one can be up at a time.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:39 am

Semaj Nagirrac wrote:
Zupponn wrote:So, just curious, but how far ahead do you have your storyline planned out?
Dice have different sides, but only one can be up at a time.

Nice old man talk.

mercury19
different
Location: The dark corners of my brooding, angst filled mind.

Post by mercury19 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:20 pm

I have followed this pretty much the whole time, and it keeps getting better! Yeah plot twists! I might have to get my empire involved in this situation...
Ask now what I'm doing, even for me :mystery:

Tzan wrote:
"The frontiers of space are a giant sausage fest." ~ Admiral Ackbar

http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... han_Empire the Avokhan article

Cytheran
Officer

Post by Cytheran » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:34 pm

:no:
:j+b:?
:csi:

Chinook
Officer

Post by Chinook » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:58 pm

:iconcur: I feel as though something massive about to happen. The Shadovians will be quick to act if their assistance is called upon.
No one is home

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Chinook wrote::iconcur: I feel as though something massive about to happen. The Shadovians will be quick to act if their assistance is called upon.
Maybe we'd take you seriously if you didn't have that massive picture in your sig.

Chinook
Officer

Post by Chinook » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:54 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:
Chinook wrote::iconcur: I feel as though something massive about to happen. The Shadovians will be quick to act if their assistance is called upon.
Maybe we'd take you seriously if you didn't have that massive picture in your sig.
I was worrying about it being a little too large, but its fixed now. :oops:
No one is home

Predator
Dimmy

Post by Predator » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:34 pm

mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)
Get Him!!!! :fist:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Re: When the Dust Settles... (updated)

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:40 pm

After discovering that the entire situation with Avalon may have been a set up, Alavar Cortuth directed the Menggu Republic Intelligence Agency, also known as MRIA, to focus all efforts on finding out the truth behind Nagirrac's death.
He visits a MRIA site near the capitol to see if there are any results.

"Dr. Floerka, have you had any results?"

"Not yet, Mr. President. But we're still following up on some possible leads..." Dr. Floerka trails off as he notices the President Cortuth is staring at his hooked hand.
"Don't mind that, sir. I was part of the first invasion force we sent to Avalon. Blasted sniper tried to take me out, but he got my hand instead."

"Our invasion and betrayal of Avalon was an ugly affair." said the president. "One that I hope to reconcile, if we find Nagirrac alive."

"Well, sir, there's nothing on the map today, except for an unusually large fleet that warped in not too far from here. Must be from the RIN trying to collect as much RT from the Avalon explosion as they can." said the doctor.

"Mr. President!" said Minister Manthane as he burst into the room. "We may have just had a stroke of luck with this investigation!"

"Look at what we found prowling the complex."

"Did he have to be brought here?" asked an annoyed Dr. Floerka.

"Absolutely. He says he's the one that killed Nagirrac." said Manthane.

"I already told you, I came here to tell you that. I just wanted to meet the president first! Why are you treating me like an animal? I mean you no harm!" said the ninja.

"We found this in your chambers, Mr. President. Its definitely Ying Si manufactured." said a soldier holding a large bomb.

"So, first you try to sneak past my guards, try to kill me with your silly bomb, and now you want to claim that you killed Nagirrac so we can keep you alive long enough to give you time to escape." said President Cortuth. "Do you really think we're that stupid?"

"You betrayed the Ying Si by not stopping the Prussians from blowing up Avalon. You're marked for death..."

"Let's make this a bit easier..." said Cortuth as he pulled on the ninja's mask.

"There, now isn't that better? Tell me, were you at Elwyngweth when Nagirrac died?"

"Maybe I was and maybe I wasn't? It doesn't matter though. The Avalonians couldn't get me to talk. Neither can you." said the ninja defiantly.

"This is the second time you've been captured? I'm surprised you're still on the Ying Si payroll. But let me remind you of something..."

The Menggu President leaned close to the ninja's ear and whispered,

"... this isn't Avalon."

"Take him to the Slashers! They'll get him to talk."

"Yes, Mr. President!"

"NOOOO!!!!!"

"Mordred said you became weak! CURSE YOU MORDRED!!!!" screamed the ninja as the soldiers drug him away.

"Now, Dr. Floerka, tell me about this fleet you've found."

Meanwhile... on a distant mine in an asteroid field far from civilization...

"Mommy, why do I need to see the Black Mamba?" asked Arthur Pendragon.

"He's the Black Crotox, sweetie, and you need to show him as much respect as you can. He's going to teach you May-Tricks." said Igraine Pendragon. "He's been all alone for six years now and no body has seen him."

"Then how do we know he's here?"

"That's how!"

The Black Crotox, legendary teacher of Commander Natalya of the Assyrian Empire, master of May-Tricks.

"Your eminence! Please! We've come all this way!"

The Black Crotox was not pleased to have been found.

"Mommy!"

"Get out of here..." he warned.

"We've come all this way! This is my son, Arthur. He is the child of Uther Pendragon of Avalon. Our world was destroyed not too long ago, but even before that we were without a king."

"Avalon's death was self inflicted. There is nothing I can do. Leave me."

"This was my husband's beam saber before he was killed. I offer this in exchange for you to teach Arthur the May-Tricks."

"Teach your brat the May-Tricks?! I would never sink so low."

"This is no ordinary boy. He is Arthur Pendragon, descendant of the ancient kings of Cyrmu and destined to become-"

"I don't care. Now go."

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:06 pm

That scientist is definitely General Atazir fah sher.

Also, I love how the Black Crotox is acting so grumpy yet smiling all the way through.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:16 am

I'm starting to like this Menggu president. I hope he doesn't die too soon.