Twin-linked weapons

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Twin-linked weapons

Post by Falk » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:10 am

Let's say that I have a walker that has twin-linked MGs. (which I actually do) Can I fire both the MGs at the same target for the UR of one MG (since they're shooting at the same place) and the damage roll of both of them combined (2d6dmg total), or do I have to make a combined attack of both of them together?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Re: Twin-linked weapons

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:22 am

Falk wrote:Let's say that I have a walker that has twin-linked MGs. (which I actually do) Can I fire both the MGs at the same target for the UR of one MG (since they're shooting at the same place) and the damage roll of both of them combined (2d6dmg total), or do I have to make a combined attack of both of them together?
I think Horseman answered this question for me in one of my Armory threads:
IVhorseman wrote:two-weapon attacks just roll the damage and UR of using just one weapon, except you do both. It's exactly as awesome as it sounds like it's supposed to be.
Whiteagle wrote:Wait, so do you roll the UR and Damage for one and then just double the Damage, roll UR for one and then roll Damage for each, or roll UR and Damage for each?
IVhorseman wrote:And no, two weapon attacks are just two separate attacks that occur simultaneously. Roll twice against both URs. Maybe you hit just one, maybe you hit twice, maybe you completely miss.

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:32 am

Ah, OK. Thanks.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:41 am

This is relevant to my interests.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:58 am

Indeed, now if only I could find out how to calculate the cost of a Twin-linked weapon...

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:05 pm

I had an idea:

Twin-linked (CP=cost of one of the weapons /2)

This skill allows you to fire BOTH weapons at the SAME TARGET for UR of 1st weapon + 1/2 UR of 2nd weapon. The weapons MUST be the same size and type (eg. 2 SL6 (?) cannons on a Super HEavy Death Tank :wink: ). The weapons MUST be right next to each other. You have the option not to use the skill when firing.

EXAMPLE: The Briktopian SHEDT has two SL6 main cannons and the gunner wants to fire them at the side of an Akkadian tank nearby. The stats for the cannons are 6d6 dmg, 26" range and 8UR. The target is 6" long, so the gunner gets a +3 to his roll, which means he rolls 1d8+3 against 8+4. He aims at the middle of the tank's side and rolls a 8 and a 1 for the extra roll, to which he adds the mod of +3, resulting in 12UR against a total roll of 12. It's a hit! The gunner then rolls for damage and gets a roll of 1+2+2+1+4+3 (=13). The tank's armor roll is 10+5+6+7, so the tank survives with a dent in the side and continues to crush Briktopian grunts under it's treads.

What do you think? Is it to complicated?

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Falk wrote: EXAMPLE: The Briktopian SHEDT has two SL6 main cannons and the gunner wants to fire them at the side of an Akkadian tank nearby. The stats for the cannons are 6d6 dmg, 26" range and 8UR. The target is 6" long, so the gunner gets a +3 to his roll, which means he rolls 1d8+3 against 8+4. He aims at the middle of the tank's side and rolls a 8 and a 1 for the extra roll, to which he adds the mod of +3, resulting in 12UR against a total roll of 12. It's a hit! The gunner then rolls for damage and gets a roll of 1+2+2+1+4+3 (=13). The tank's armor roll is 10+5+6+7, so the tank survives with a dent in the side and continues to crush Briktopian grunts under it's treads.
Complicated? Yes.
I'd rather stick with the original rule of two attack/two damage rolls for a single target (and count that as one action).
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Agreed. Having it all involved in the same action is a bonus enough, nobody needs a lowered UR on top of that.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:38 pm

Whiteagle wrote:Indeed, now if only I could find out how to calculate the cost of a Twin-linked weapon...
Buy two? Since that's essentially what it is?
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:40 pm

Yeah I don't know why everyone's having trouble with the fact that it's just two guns.

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:53 am

Because public school systems aren't allowed to use physical punishment anymore so no one can figure out anything.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Cytheran
Officer

Post by Cytheran » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:12 pm

lawmaster wrote:Because public school systems aren't allowed to use physical punishment anymore so no one can figure out anything.
Agreed.

I give a plus 1 to UR for dual or linked weapons.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:28 pm

WHY why do you insist on making it more complicated than it is?

Cytheran
Officer

Post by Cytheran » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:30 pm

I don't see why you would roll ur twice. The system would work off a single trigger pull/button push. Its not like two guns are being fired, its one gun two barrels.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:36 pm

But then either both guns hit, or neither do. I like the variability and excitement of not knowing if you'll get hit by the second one just because you dodged the first shot.