Scythian empire...wat.

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Scythian empire...wat.

Postby Nitewatchman » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:20 am

So, I was reading le Bible this morning, when suddenly I see mention of SCYTHIANS! O_O

I was like, "Man, Raptor Jesus, what the heck is this Brikwars business all up in my Bible?" and he was all like, :phil: "Uh, I dunno."

So I googled it.

http://www.infoukes.com/newpathway/Page907.htm
:byzero:
WHAAAAAT!?

"Gregorovich said that there may be a relationship between the Scyths and Scots."

Man, so, this is pretty awesome. Did you guys know about this? Because I didn't know about this, but it was a pretty interesting way of discovering said information.

Discuss?
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
Nitewatchman
Galidor

Re: Scythian empire...wat.

Postby Colette » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:41 am

beluga wrote:It’s about fucking time you posted a group picture of your forces, that shows the true might of the Assyrian Star Empire.

Also:
The Shadowscythe wrote:Natalya . . . your time will come, at the tip of a Scythian sword - your end will come . . .

(Also - fukken ossum, what have you got planned next?)

Wikipedia’s article on the Assyrian Empire wrote: ... The Neo-Assyrian Empire is usually considered to have begun with the accession of Adad-nirari II, in 911 BC, lasting until the fall of Nineveh at the hands of the Babylonians, Medes, Scythians and Cimmerians in 612 BC.

As they say, history repeats itself, now move along, nothing to see here *cough*

I thought it was hilarious when I first discovered it. Apparently there's an Assyrian empire that got defeated by the Scythians too.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:53 am

Haha - I never realised this when I joined up to the forum - I simply used the username I have been using since about mid-2001 to sign up to brikwars, and one night while coming up with a faction I simply chose to "re-use" the second half of my username, and henceforth the Scythian Empire Joined the brikverse.

(mostly because I actually suck at naming things)

However - this is pretty lulzworthy, all the brikverse needs is a race of space Scots for us to join forces with and a convenient excuse to wage war against Natalya and her arrogant race of upstarts and newcomers. :studgod:

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Colette » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:16 am

The Shadowscythe wrote:Haha - I never realised this when I joined up to the forum - I simply used the username I have been using since about mid-2001 to sign up to brikwars, and one night while coming up with a faction I simply chose to "re-use" the second half of my username, and henceforth the Scythian Empire Joined the brikverse.

However - this is pretty lulzworthy, all the brikverse needs is a race of space Scots for us to join forces with and a convenient excuse to wage war against Natalya and her arrogant race of upstarts and newcomers. :studgod:

Her "arrogant race of upstarts and newcomers" has a bigger army and better tech than yours.

For now. :twisted:
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:22 am

Colette wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:Haha - I never realised this when I joined up to the forum - I simply used the username I have been using since about mid-2001 to sign up to brikwars, and one night while coming up with a faction I simply chose to "re-use" the second half of my username, and henceforth the Scythian Empire Joined the brikverse.

Her "arrogant race of upstarts and newcomers" has a bigger army and better tech than yours.

Only in fig form - an I have almost caught up to her on that count.

In lore form however - the Assyrians have only been around for about 100 years and hold (roughly) 120 worlds and are still expanding, they are young, advanced but arrogant - The Scythian Empire however has been space faring for about 500 years, have comparable, but further miniaturised tech and about 420 worlds - but haven't expanded to new colony worlds in about 100 years.

So to the Scythian empire - they are a newly founded race that is advancing too fast for their own good and kept under tabs as an on/off ally/enemy depending on the situation - at the moment the pressing Immortal threat would form them together for the moment - the future however, remains to be seen.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Nitewatchman » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:15 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:
Colette wrote:

Only in fig form - an I have almost caught up to her on that count.

In lore form however - the Assyrians have only been around for about 100 years and hold (roughly) 120 worlds and are still expanding, they are young, advanced but arrogant - The Scythian Empire however has been space faring for about 500 years, have comparable, but further miniaturised tech and about 420 worlds - but haven't expanded to new colony worlds in about 100 years.

So to the Scythian empire - they are a newly founded race that is advancing too fast for their own good and kept under tabs as an on/off ally/enemy depending on the situation - at the moment the pressing Immortal threat would form them together for the moment - the future however, remains to be seen.

TL;DR, Scythians win forever.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman
Nitewatchman
Galidor

Return to General Discussion