Best Metal Intros

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: Apollyon, BFenix

Best Metal Intros

Postby Bragallot » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:35 am

Painkiller is a given, of course.

Grave Digger - Funeral for A Fallen Angel - sounds like Death himself has grabbed the guitar to play the intro...
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Silent-sigfig wrote:
motorhead fan wrote:Colette, why have they all got soup stains on they're coats

One characteristic of nerds is lack of hygiene
Bragallot
Blockguy

Re: Best Metal Intros

Postby tymon555 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Oh, He's here.
tymon555
Minifig

Postby BFenix » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:47 pm

I quickly selected these songs with awesome intros that came into mind. Enjoy.

Cirith Ungol - Join The Legion

Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God

Conquest - Ways Of Vice (up the quality, 480p) Most Conquest songs have absolutely awesome intros.

Gamma Ray - Rise

Iced Earth - When The Night Falls

Iron Maiden - Flash Of The Blade It's impossible to post here all of Maiden's songs that have good intros.

Judas Priest - Hellion/Electric Eye

Lamb of God - Redneck My neck hurts when I listen to this song.

Manowar - Warrior Of The World United A classic with a powerful intro.

Metallica - No Remorse

Slayer - New Faith

Suidakra - Stone of The Seven Suns
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Zupponn » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:08 pm

Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby Bragallot » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:49 pm

Nice nice nice 8) Approvin' of your submishinz.

THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKING INVITATION!

Sorry, I just have to shout that every time I see Redneck somewhere. That song is so goddamn epic.

Now that we're talking Gamma Ray anyway, my favourite Gamma Ray intro (possibly my favourite all time...) is the one from Condemned To Hell (I'm a big fan of the Majestic album). That sound from the intro is just unlike anything else...!

Another one of the most epic intro's of all time imo is the Succeed Or Bleed intro by Channel Zero. A full minute of madness.
Silent-sigfig wrote:

Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Tzan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Metallica - The Frayed Ends Of Sanity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTu-1-j037U
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby BFenix » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Zupponn wrote:Hey Fenix, it looks like Conquest has changed their name to W. Angel's Conquest and gotten a new singer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk5XuD4gZXE&feature=plcp

Nice songs Zupponn, although I would probably choose On My Way or Prophecy of The Laser Witch from Galaktikon.

I haven't heard of Conquest in a long time, but it's good to know they're still alive! I think I like the old singer better, but this one is pretty good too.

Bragallot wrote:THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKING INVITATION!

Sorry, I just have to shout that every time I see Redneck somewhere. That song is so goddamn epic.

Now that we're talking Gamma Ray anyway, my favourite Gamma Ray intro (possibly my favourite all time...) is the one from Condemned To Hell (I'm a big fan of the Majestic album). That sound from the intro is just unlike anything else...!

Another one of the most epic intro's of all time imo is the Succeed Or Bleed intro by Channel Zero. A full minute of madness.

:666:

I jumped to a pool of freezing water in New Year's Eve while listening to this song. Totally worth it.

In terms of Gamma Ray, Majestic is among my favorite albums from the band. Blood Religion and Hell Is Thy Home are awsome.
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Zupponn » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:43 am

Tzan wrote:Metallica - The Frayed Ends Of Sanity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTu-1-j037U

I always thought that it was funny that they used the Wizard of Oz minion marching song at the beginning.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby Tzan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:50 am

Yeah its got nothing to do with the song really, but I like it.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Bragallot » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Epic songs d00ds.

BF, is it just me or does the Majestic album seem to be kinda overlooked?

Another epic, over a minute long intro - Soldier Of Time by At Vance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlYmbMi57js

Edit: just remembered, the intro is even more epic if you count the Prelude which is a separate track but actually flows over into the song almost seamlessly, kinda like The Gallows Pole on the Ballads Of A Hangman album.
Silent-sigfig wrote:

Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby BFenix » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:21 pm

Bragallot wrote:Epic songs d00ds.

BF, is it just me or does the Majestic album seem to be kinda overlooked?

Another epic, over a minute long intro - Soldier Of Time by At Vance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlYmbMi57js

Edit: just remembered, the intro is even more epic if you count the Prelude which is a separate track but actually flows over into the song almost seamlessly, kinda like The Gallows Pole on the Ballads Of A Hangman album.

It is Brag, for obvious reasons :)

And At Vance is really good power metal, didn't know of them.

Check this one out, Parallels by As I Lay Dying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLd6h5td8G4
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Bragallot » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:53 pm

The music is good, makes me excited about picking up my guitar hobby again :)

The clean vocals put me off slightly though, not because they're clean (I actually encourage switching in between the two) but it's that typical whiny clean voice you hear in a lot of bands who switch between rough and clean vocals... even though they still do it better than most bands. I just can't comprehend how this singing style always sounds so similar, it's like the same guy sings in each band, lol. Anyway, having listened to the entire song, I think I can still stand it in this song, though I'm by no means a fan of that singing style.

I have a hard time putting any Gamma Ray album above the other, they're all kinda equal to me. Majestic may have been somewhat overlooked because I'm under the impression it's heavy as fuck compared to their other albums and perhaps the majority of their fans aren't used to that? I dunno.

At Vance is just... the cream of the crop of power metal for me (along with a few other bands, but they're all different and not really comparable). I thought I had their best album when I bought The Evil In You but they just keep amazing me every time I check out more of their stuff...

Now that we're on the topic of At Vance anyway, another epic intro by them... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_jR5jJ3fcQ It's not their best song imo, but still, dat intro :shock:
Silent-sigfig wrote:

Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby BFenix » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:41 am

Bragallot wrote:The music is good, makes me excited about picking up my guitar hobby again :)

The clean vocals put me off slightly though, not because they're clean (I actually encourage switching in between the two) but it's that typical whiny clean voice you hear in a lot of bands who switch between rough and clean vocals... even though they still do it better than most bands. I just can't comprehend how this singing style always sounds so similar, it's like the same guy sings in each band, lol. Anyway, having listened to the entire song, I think I can still stand it in this song, though I'm by no means a fan of that singing style.

I agree with you there, but for some reason that doesn't seem to bother me with these guys.

Bragallot wrote:I have a hard time putting any Gamma Ray album above the other, they're all kinda equal to me. Majestic may have been somewhat overlooked because I'm under the impression it's heavy as fuck compared to their other albums and perhaps the majority of their fans aren't used to that? I dunno.

Possibly, but IMO, that's exactly what I enjoy about the album. When bands slightly deviate from their original style, and they are successful, fans shouldn't condemned that, quite the contrary.
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Bragallot » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:32 pm

I'm a Paradise Lost and a Ther apy? (why does this get filtered to thesnuggly?) fan, so I can only agree to that ;) I like how Majestic is heavy as fuck as well, some songs are like power and thrash in one.

This intro always gives me goosebumps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76d6CpeWn18
Silent-sigfig wrote:

Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby BFenix » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:14 pm

Bragallot wrote:I'm a Paradise Lost and a Ther apy? (why does this get filtered to thesnuggly?) fan, so I can only agree to that ;) I like how Majestic is heavy as fuck as well, some songs are like power and thrash in one.

This intro always gives me goosebumps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76d6CpeWn18

Ah yes, Primal Fear. I love this heavier one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri27p-5lxHo
BFenix
Pooplord

Next

Return to The Metal