Brikwars Videogame

A friendly place for friendly people where we all play nice and share.

Moderator: Colette

Forum rules
Play nice with n00bs in the New People threads. Save the abuse, trolling, and pr0n for everywhere else.

Brikwars Videogame

Postby Tygablud the Brave » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Will there ever be any plans to make a brikwars game for ps3 and xbox360(i have ps3 so preferable ps3)? I know there is a pc version but I have mac and its not nearly as cool as a platform game. I think it would be a good idea to get every single lego piece ever made in the game and update it every month with new parts that are released, and allow every co,or of that piece avaliable and every color of the color wheel to be allowed for any piece. Also inlcuding all real world textures and allowing flat or shine to the piece. And allow all mounts and all that good stuff. And make the game have a rts mode, a original brik wars rule mode, and first and third person mode for real time online battle between heroes and real players and computers. Please consider trying to make a game like this for ps3 download and pc and mac download. I would even buy for 60$.
User avatar
Tygablud the Brave
Demi-God of BrikWars
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Brikwars Videogame

Postby Colette » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Tygablud the Brave wrote:Will there ever be any plans to make a brikwars game for ps3 and xbox360(i have ps3 so preferable ps3)? I know there is a pc version but I have mac and its not nearly as cool as a platform game. I think it would be a good idea to get every single lego piece ever made in the game and update it every month with new parts that are released, and allow every co,or of that piece avaliable and every color of the color wheel to be allowed for any piece. Also inlcuding all real world textures and allowing flat or shine to the piece. And allow all mounts and all that good stuff. And make the game have a rts mode, a original brik wars rule mode, and first and third person mode for real time online battle between heroes and real players and computers. Please consider trying to make a game like this for ps3 download and pc and mac download. I would even buy for 60$.


Firstly- greetings, Tygablud the Brave! As for the idea of a brikwars videogame- the closest thing to it is LDD. A videogame like that would take a lot of programmers (we have a few here, but to my knowledge they're not professionals) and a lot of money. What I would recommend is using the $60 to go to Bricklink and buy awesome lego so you can play Brikwars in real life.
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2535
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: Brikwars Videogame

Postby Silverdream » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Colette wrote:Firstly- greetings, Tygablud the Brave! As for the idea of a brikwars videogame- the closest thing to it is LDD. A videogame like that would take a lot of programmers (we have a few here, but to my knowledge they're not professionals) and a lot of money. What I would recommend is using the $60 to go to Bricklink and buy awesome lego so you can play Brikwars in real life.


Secondly, the Brikwars PC game was canceled a long time ago.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7454
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Brikwars Videogame

Postby Tygablud the Brave » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:24 am

Greetings to u too. But I looked at brick link but I don't know anyone who plays brikwars in my area but I guess I could get my friend to play.thnx
User avatar
Tygablud the Brave
Demi-God of BrikWars
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Re: Brikwars Videogame

Postby GeneralOfDeath » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:05 am

Silverdream wrote:
Colette wrote:Firstly- greetings, Tygablud the Brave! As for the idea of a brikwars videogame- the closest thing to it is LDD. A videogame like that would take a lot of programmers (we have a few here, but to my knowledge they're not professionals) and a lot of money. What I would recommend is using the $60 to go to Bricklink and buy awesome lego so you can play Brikwars in real life.


Secondly, the Brikwars PC game was canceled a long time ago.


Thirdly, any attempt would be sued the pants off it by Lego, Mega Block, and all them other construction block companies.

Fourthly, There would come a point in a Brikwars video game where you would come across something that could be easily done in a physical game, but cannot be done in the virtual one. First thing that comes to mind are heroic feats.

Also related to the former: an electronic Brikwars game would be far to structured and orderly to truly be Brikwars.
Let's Play X-Com: UFO Defense

The New Guy's Guide to the Brikwars Forums

Threads Won: 1 2

Times Banned: 6

Time Banned: 4 Days 2 Hours
TROLOLO
GeneralOfDeath
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 930
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:18 am
Location: Waiting for my ban to expire

Re: Brikwars Videogame

Postby Apollyon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:16 am

Let's do a Kickstarter campaign for this!
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
User avatar
Apollyon
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:14 am
Location: I am in Berlin bitch!

Re: Brikwars Videogame

Postby Tzan » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:03 pm

Just give me $1,000,000 and I'll get it done.
User avatar
Tzan
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4873
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Brikwars Videogame

Postby SirCheese » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:25 pm

My reccomendation is to instead of getting another videogame, go to briklink and specifically get some iceworlders sets, they're surprisingly cheap right now and all of them have at least one OTC which is good for an army. Like REALLY good. I can't get some myself because I just spent some money on a few ninjago sets, so I reccommend you people get them!
Who am I? I am your worst nightmare.... A LEGO Nerd!!!
User avatar
SirCheese
Champion
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:23 pm
Location: Somewhere in the central valley of California

Re: Brikwars Videogame

Postby RunsWithLegos » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:19 pm

Lego Battles for the DS is a very brikwarsy game all around.
User avatar
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2841
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Brikwars Videogame

Postby GeneralOfDeath » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:22 pm

That was actually the first thing in my mind when I saw this thread.
Let's Play X-Com: UFO Defense

The New Guy's Guide to the Brikwars Forums

Threads Won: 1 2

Times Banned: 6

Time Banned: 4 Days 2 Hours
TROLOLO
GeneralOfDeath
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 930
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:18 am
Location: Waiting for my ban to expire


Return to New People Start Here

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest