Getting Medieval...

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Getting Medieval...

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:32 pm

The battle hasn't happened yet, but I'm posting here because it will.

My wife and I are friends with another couple that we talked into Brikwars-ing with us. The day before yesterday, they called to tell us of a buy 2 get 1 free special at Toys R Us. They purchased the Millenium falcon, Hogwarts Castle and Helms Deep for about $100 per box. Not bad, especially since he's the head of PR at his company and can afford the bigger sets. I would have taken advantage of that sale, but we purchased a DSLR camera and have to wait until we get more funding for LEGOs.
After talking excitedly like two freshmen at their first college party for a few minutes, I declared war on him and told him to begin preparing for battle. I'm not sure if he has his castles up, but he'll have some pretty tough units to beat. We decided to only go medieval/fantasy on this one, so no Star Wars or modern units.

This is my army:

86 out of 87 units are pictured here. I have a Demi-God that I'm going to bring. I had to take Quest for the Magic Chicken down for this one. Luckily I have pictures of the last turn so I'll be able to set it up again.

NINJA
Four Archers and three master assassins. Two of the master assassins have bows while the blue one carries throwing knives. My wife got me the blue guy a couple years back because my favorite color is blue and we're both ninja in real life. Not kidding. Ask me what we did on our third date sometime. Two catapults are behind them.

ELVES
Two archers, two swordsmen.

GOBLINS AND ORCS
Blood thirsty guys. Oh yeah....

MING CAVALRY
Ten horsemen armed with lances and katanas. Led by one of my undying heroes, although he'll be mortal for this battle. I know some of you are probably rolling your eyes right now and thinking, "Who does this Nagirrac think he is? The katana is a Japanese weapon. Why would the Chinese use them?" If you must be historically accurate, just remember that General Qi Ji Guang (pronounced: Chee Jee Gwang) of the Ming dynasty was commissioned to drive out the Japanese pirates from the Chinese coasts and adapted katana techniques for the two handed Chinese sword and the Miao Dao (looks like this: http://www.wle.com/products/W-GL-151X.html). Satisfied?

TROLL AND BALLISTA
TROL SMASH N KIL!

MING INFANTRY
Ten spear men led by their undying commander who can possibly die during this battle. Make sense?

Now look at that determination!

SOLIRA, DOBBY, A HOUSE ELF THAT LOOKS LIKE YODA AND FLYING WOMBATS
Solira leads this crack team of magic users against the forces of Dumbledore and Hogwarts (because my buddy owns that set). The wombats carry axes and fly on brooms.

DWARVES
Hammers and axes, blood and glory.

A WIZARD AND SOME EGYPTIAN WIZARDS
Gettin' really creative with the names here... They cast magical damage by using magic.

PA'TOPU, GUNGAN SWORDSMEN AND SPEAR MEN.
Pa'Topu is armed with a trident and a vine. The Gungans love a good melee. Pip! Pip! Cheery-o!

SOME SWORDSMEN AND AXEMEN
Yep. I kinda stopped caring about naming the people at this point.
I also forgot to take a picture of my halberdiers. They're somewhere in the pictures, just look for them.

KELEX AND THE UNDEAD
This time, the necromancer carries an augmented crystal to carry out the work of death among his foes.

LEVIES
These guys suck. I imagine they'll die pretty quickly.

TAIZU EMPEROR AND HEROES
The emperor has come to lead these men and has brought heroes from around the surrounding lands.

DRAGON RIDERS
Armed with hammers of justice, these mounted/flying units should reduce my enemies to smithereens.... SMI-THER-EENS....

TREASURE CART
A crocodile drawn treasure cart may prove a sufficient enough bribe to get an early surrender. If it works, I'll execute my friend's heroes anyway.
Ladders and climbing nets lay next to the cart.

Yep, I'll post the results of the battle soon. Very soon.... Mwa ha ha ha ha ha.... MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!
Zupponn wrote:Where the hell did Semaj come from?

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Re: Getting Medieval...

Post by Apollyon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:01 pm

Are you sure you want to play such a huge battle with people new to Brikwars? Or do they have tabletop experience?
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

TheGreatSethinski
Champion
Champion

Post by TheGreatSethinski » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:14 pm

What did you and your wife do on your third date?
Look Mom! No life!

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:00 pm

No pictures, but here's a live update:

We battled, but my friend and I teamed up against our wives and lost. I'll explain later. Another couple came over so now we're using single characters for random missions that my wife organized. Right now I have to convince a standard bearer to quit blasting the Final Countdown by Europe from Helm's Deep.

I have no idea what the hell is going to happen next.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:09 pm

TheGreatSethinski wrote:What did you and your wife do on your third date?
Well, we had dinner at some restaurant, most likely Fazoli's, but I can't remember. After dinner we were driving around and didn't really know what to do so I mentioned that I had some ninja uniforms in the trunk from my second job. She said that she wanted to see me in it and I said I'd do it if she would too. We ended up ninja-ing a park and scared some kids.

After that, we pulled some real jobs and then decided to get married to each other a few years later.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:27 pm

What was your second job?

Do you think Samurai are overrated?

Which weapon are you most skilled with?
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Cytheran
Officer

Post by Cytheran » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:50 pm

Fazolis how classy.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:15 pm

Crocodiles make the best steeds.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:33 pm

Fazoli's is her favorite restaurant because her dad took her there all the time when she was younger.

Samurai are not overrated, but they are bullies. Bullies that hijacked a country, used the emperor as a puppet and forced the population of Japan into slavery for centuries before the peasants could arm themselves with modern weapons and defeat them once and for all. Having said that, I did watch Hidden Fortress in my film analysis class today and I have to admit that Samurai movies are some of the best I've ever seen. Kurosawa is a genius.

My best weapon is the spear.

You don't get to know what my second job was.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:00 am

Semaj Nagirrac wrote:LEVIES
These guys will be your all stars someday and you will regret thinking that they suck.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:59 am

Zupponn wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:LEVIES
These guys will be your all stars someday and you will regret thinking that they suck.
No, they really were the first ones to die. I called it like a boss. I'll post the pictures soon.

SirCheese
Champion
Champion

Post by SirCheese » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:14 pm

Are you gonna post pics of the battle? If not tell me how well you can hide in plain sight.... *Turns around* Ahh! How'd you get into my-- Oh wait, that's just a door
I made this account when I was twelve. And then I went away for six years. And now I'm baaaaaack???

SirCheese
Champion
Champion

Post by SirCheese » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Oh, and I'm a n00b so could you tell me if LEVIES are a technical term for something and what it means? Or is it just something you came up with?
I made this account when I was twelve. And then I went away for six years. And now I'm baaaaaack???

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:55 am

I think what he meant by Levies is a sort of conscripted general cannon fodder style part time soldiers from the local peasantry. Local Lords would be responsible to their Overlords to Levy a percentage of the populace which would be trained and armed to a varying degree. These Levies could be called on at short notice to defend whatever realm they were part of. I suspect most would range from being pretty crap to almost useful.

@ OP: Great looking armies, made for Brikwars! :studgod: