Briktopian "Vindicator" Super Heavy Death Tank

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Re: Briktopian "Vindicator" Super Heavy Death Tank

Post by Apollyon » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:10 am

Zahru II wrote:On a semi-related note, I should make my own fantasy gundam sometimes, using the AC design.
Sell your Transformers and DO it! ;-)
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:13 am

stubby wrote:
Natalya wrote:all it would have to do is fire the Hyper Phase Cannon (which is a size 10 weapon) two or maybe three times to disable the target.
You mean, all it would have to do is hit with the HPC. What's the Use on a size 10 weapon? How often can it fire if you have to spend a bunch of time aiming to have any chance to hit anything? What if the SHDT is firing back at you? :phil: :phil: :phil:
Use for the HPC is 12, but the target is 44 studs long which is 14 inches, so use becomes only 5. If I man it with a hero who is also a gunner that can hone in then my chances start to look pretty good.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Apollyon

Post by Apollyon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:58 am

What's better than a supertank sitting on your shelf? That's right, a supertank in battle! So i am going to do a forum battle featuring the Vindicator very soon. I only need to buy some d8s for all those gunners...

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Apollyon wrote:What's better than a supertank sitting on your shelf? That's right, a supertank in battle! So i am going to do a forum battle featuring the Vindicator very soon. I only need to buy some d8s for all those gunners...
:guinness: :zig:

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Apollyon wrote:What's better than a supertank sitting on your shelf? That's right, a supertank in battle! So i am going to do a forum battle featuring the Vindicator very soon. I only need to buy some d8s for all those gunners...

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:51 pm

Son. i am excite.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:14 am

:boss:
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Brikboyz
Officer

Post by Brikboyz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:15 pm

Colette wrote:Image
:studgod:
Too many bricks, never enough time.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:35 am

I think Thesson was right- the weak points of this tank are the missiles- the hatches covering them are SL 2 at best, and as non-essential parts they have 1d10 armor- so you would have to shoot, hit (not that hard for 1d10) twice, and do damage once (Brikwars explosives explode at even the tiniest amount of damage, right?) to create a sizeable explosion that would at least destroy a fourth of the tank, taking out a number of guns, the tracks, and possibly detonating the other missiles or exposing the tank's crew, allowing you to shoot them with conventional weapons or now that they are no longer encased in the tank, artillery.

EDIT: If there's no way to travel between the turret and main compartment than a Supernatural hero may have some success teleporting in or possessing one of the tank's crew, probably the main guy cause it looks like none of the other ones have weapons (although they could attempt to sabotage the tank itself)
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Apollyon

Post by Apollyon » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:32 am

Keldoclock wrote:I think Thesson was right- the weak points of this tank are the missiles- the hatches covering them are SL 2 at best, and as non-essential parts they have 1d10 armor- so you would have to shoot, hit (not that hard for 1d10) twice, and do damage once (Brikwars explosives explode at even the tiniest amount of damage, right?) to create a sizeable explosion that would at least destroy a fourth of the tank, taking out a number of guns, the tracks, and possibly detonating the other missiles or exposing the tank's crew, allowing you to shoot them with conventional weapons or now that they are no longer encased in the tank, artillery.
You'll have to get high enough to shoot the hatches though. And the forum battle taught my not to let any jetpack troopers or flying heros do their thing on top of the tank... In the hands of a competent commander and with some support i still think it is very hard to bring down the supertank. Of course, in Brikwars anything is possible and nothing invincible.