Community Built Army

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:57 pm

i think that's the shortest rhapsody of fire song i've heard. however, i prefer this video for the same song

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:56 pm

well it does say lego in it

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:13 pm

It seems withy this topic whenever someone mentions an army idea, everyone jumps on it like a bunch of starving wolves on a wounded sheep, not leaving much room for other suggestions, odd. I know I may seem to do stuff in an attempt to focus the topic, but I would like more than 2 (3 if you count the minor evil army suggestion by Venom) choices for an army core. Screw rule 39, I hate it.
If your gonna walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

Carda
Officer

Post by Carda » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Well, we could always start a new thread for a new army concept, since METAL seems to have completely taken it over. X3

I for one would like to see an army made up entirely of anime stereotypes.
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:37 pm

Give examples, not to big on anime (shock!).

picklesniffer
Champion
Champion

Post by picklesniffer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:36 pm

stereotypes...like:
1) all anime cartoons are poorly voiced
2) anime characters have big, unrealistic eyes
3) anime characters have unrealistic hair colors and styles
4) the japanese are perverts who give anime girls insane cleavage.

those stereotypes?
Destruction is bliss.

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:51 pm

picklesniffer wrote:stereotypes...like:
1) all anime cartoons are poorly voiced
2) anime characters have big, unrealistic eyes
3) anime characters have unrealistic hair colors and styles
4) the japanese are perverts who give anime girls insane cleavage.

those stereotypes?
To me the only poor voicing in anime is in the english dubs (japanese acters have way better voicing then english ones in anime).
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

picklesniffer
Champion
Champion

Post by picklesniffer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:53 pm

I wouldn't know.
I don't watch/ read any anime.
Destruction is bliss.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:18 pm

Carda wrote:Well, we could always start a new thread for a new army concept, since METAL seems to have completely taken it over. X3
yay for my idea destroying any chance fo creativity. its weird that people like it so mutch because I thought it sucked

also if ther needs to be a change in subject then i would also suggest a army set up around a videogame like halo or soulcalliber or any other extreamly violent game.

also i hath found th holy grail of the brikwars forum. as long as you are realy vauge everyone will like your ideas because they will have a slightly different perspective that they like more hahahaha :twisted:

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:59 pm

Heh, nice theory. I'd have to agree with the not-liking-metal idea, because I have no 'effing idea about metal, I just went along to avoid mass smiting from nearly the whole of the freaking forum!. So yeah pitogg, throw some of those game-based armies my way (avoid being vague if you can, because you have already pointed out what will happen). By the way, there are only 9 days till Core Army ends and Vehicles & Heroes start, so if you have any ideas, get em' posted.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:24 am

what's wrong with the metal? we've basically told you everything you'd need to know about creating an army of umlauts. for more inspiration, watch some episodes of metalocalypse, an iron maiden music video, and i dunno, maybe a clip or two from some kind of monster. oh, and about not liking the idea, you basically committed yourself to slavery by starting this thread. hooray!

personally, i love how this thread is going! pilotogg's theory is correct: good armies start with a vague, basic concept. from that you whittle it down until you have yourself an army. it's not about tweaking it to your own personal joy, it's about everyone putting in slight adjustments until everyone likes it. this is why it's called a community army.

for another army though? not sure. i'm liking the anime stereotypes army so far - if you have lots of exo-force guys you're basically required to do it. exo-force means anime style faces AND big spiky hair. it's win/win!

for an anime stereotype army, basically you need lots of giant robots, people using very elegant but still medieval style weapons, and love triangles. again, exo-force will help you out here.

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:44 am

Well, if I am stuck with the metal idea, can you post some concepts for how the minifigs look (avoid Vikings, don't have any of those, but have a fair few of those new castle sets, if that helps) and want weapons they use, whose generally ranged and who generally Close Combat, you know, practical stuff I can use to make this army. Could you also give more detail on those things you told to look up, because I have no idea what they are.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:26 pm

this will show a bit about metalocolypse and anime stereotypes so perfect 4 you tobaconist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ_71NY3 ... re=related

also this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj2QZkG1 ... re=related

metalocolypse is on adult swim (55) at 11 usualy

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:03 pm

hahaha sure. on the things i told you to look up, so you can learn what it means to be metal...

here are some good clips from metalocalypse. to put it in context, this is the birthday party for the band's bassist.

another set of clips from metalocalypse. these should be self explanitory, so have fun.

Concert by GWAR. The only thing you really need to pay attention to is their mannerisms and dress. this is definitely the epitome of hilarious metal.

And an iron maiden concert. pay attention to the crowd: this is the army of metal.

Basically for armaments, bring out the outlandish medieval weaponry and large blunt objects. If you can figure out how to make lego guitars, drumsticks, and other musical instruments, that would add variety to a battlefield as well. a thrown cymbal is incredibly lethal.

vehicles would be few and far between; fans are mostly just traveling on foot. I'd probably just suggest making a tour bus covered in as much morbid crap as possible, and a few motorcycles (or murdercycles) for good measure.

for clothes, don't fret too much. gothic medieval warlord crap for the band themselves accompanied with just t-shirts and jeans for the fans is fine. if you have police minifigs, their torsos would make ok bodyguards, but make sure that the face is that of a badass. Roadies (the guys that carry around all the equipment for the band) shouldn't be too hard to make either, but give em a little bit more metal than the fans (a small piece of armor should do it).

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:21 pm

just search for Rammstein on Youtube, you will like what you see.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...