The official LOOT topic

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: ikensall, fredde, Dr. X

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby lorbaat » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:22 pm

+21 (not a typo) Galaxy Patrols. Apparently it was enough to warrant getting a free "Classic Minifigures Vol. 2" set, which came with both White and Black Spacemen (and a postman, pirate, and red ninja).
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby Lord Mercat » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Man, what a coincidence! I literally just obtained 21 galaxy patrols myself, about half a week ago, building a new faction with them. Got a volume 1 set with mine, came with a red spaceman, a fireman, an octan employee, a dangerous escaped psychopath, and some kind of civilian chick. I assume you raided a local toys r us? That's where I got mine.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.

Marriages Saved: 1
Lord Mercat
Minifig

Postby Bragallot » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:41 pm

Maybe you're both the same person and haven't realized yet.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby lorbaat » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Lord Mercat wrote:Man, what a coincidence! I literally just obtained 21 galaxy patrols myself, about half a week ago, building a new faction with them. Got a volume 1 set with mine, came with a red spaceman, a fireman, an octan employee, a dangerous escaped psychopath, and some kind of civilian chick. I assume you raided a local toys r us? That's where I got mine.

I mined my local TrUs out a while ago- I was at the one in Times Square. I actually stopped pawing bags, because I reached a logical limit on what I could spend in one sitting. But I'm in NYC quite a bit, maybe they'll still have some when I get back.
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby Keldoclock » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Mined out the Times Square LEGO store

So THAT is why there is never a *single* one when I go and molest the collectible figs box! :fist:

You have made yourself an enemy, lorbaat!
we should totally brikwar sometime dude
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby lorbaat » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Keldoclock wrote:
Mined out the Times Square LEGO store

So THAT is why there is never a *single* one when I go and molest the collectible figs box! :fist:

You have made yourself an enemy, lorbaat!
we should totally brikwar sometime dude

Anything in the lower half of the endcap right through the revolving door went ungroped. The upper half I cleaned out, though.

a lot of my NYC time is spoken for, but possibly!
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby Lord Mercat » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:47 pm

EDIT- Oh wait, You did say the Times Square TRUS (thought it said LEGO store there for a second), so I guess we were at the same exact store! I was there a few Saturdays ago, the 30th. They were having a buy one, get one 40% off sale on their lego items, so I grabbed up enough galaxy patrol guys to make a small skirmish force (21). Same location, same minifigs, same number of figs, talk about deja vu.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Postby lorbaat » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Lord Mercat wrote:EDIT- Oh wait, You did say the Times Square TRUS (thought it said LEGO store there for a second), so I guess we were at the same exact store! I was there a few Saturdays ago, the 30th. They were having a buy one, get one 40% off sale on their lego items, so I grabbed up enough galaxy patrol guys to make a small skirmish force (21). Same location, same minifigs, same number of figs, talk about deja vu.

Whoa. It's especially bizarre given that I pulled 23 but put two back... 21 "felt" like a better number for some reason.

<cue Twilight Zone theme>

Just to prove we aren't the same guy, these reinforcements bring me up to 54 Galaxy Patrols. I almost stopped at 21, but pushed on like Bonn-o-Tron.

I should be back around the end of the month, hopefully they'll still be plentiful. Although there's not really a round number again until 100, and I rrrrreeeeaallllyyyy can't afford that.
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby Lord Mercat » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:06 am

54? No way that's exactl- not really, I only have the 21, I may expand later, but I'm only making a small skirmish sized force of them. I can see why you have so many though, it's a fantastic minifigure design, one of the best lego's ever done, IMO. And 21 is good, because you can have 4 squads of 4, each headed up by an officer, with one extra fig to serve as the commander, which is what I reasoned when I bought that many.

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Postby lorbaat » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:34 am

Lord Mercat wrote:54? No way that's exactl- not really, I only have the 21, I may expand later, but I'm only making a small skirmish sized force of them. I can see why you have so many though, it's a fantastic minifigure design, one of the best lego's ever done, IMO. And 21 is good, because you can have 4 squads of 4, each headed up by an officer, with one extra fig to serve as the commander, which is what I reasoned when I bought that many.

Ha! That's basically my unit division, too. Five man squads, one being a Sgt., with a force commander. The three spare guys will be drivers/pilots.

And I agree about how cool the Galaxy Patrol guys are (obviously). It helps that I played 40k before I played Brikwars... I'm basically making Space Marines. My hope is that if they do release them as sets, they'll be a different color, so I can have multiple "Chapters".
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby morganm » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:18 am

All three kids had their bdays... lets recap the Lego haul!

Epic osum:

Treehouse set is actually really cool; highly recommend it:

Meh:

Generic pink box o' bricks... nice filler pieces. Minifig looks like a retard with that shirt and orange pants. Guess they still are trying to get rid of all those orange legs from all those shitty city sets =P
morganm
Dimmy

Postby Natalya » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:22 am

Holy crap, that is a pimp treehouse.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Pwnerade » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Lulz, parents buying their kids presents that they will undoubtedly play with themselves. My dad always used to do that.

Orcs vs. Friends, who will win?
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby Apollyon » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Well, the Fiends of course!?
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
constantly striving to using proper grammar

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:15 am

Those Uruk-hai better be running. That fiend in the treehouse has a death ray telescope, while the one in the pastel-colored car has a spiked hairbrush of doom.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Bricks