Vehicle Stat Cards

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

ColourSchemer
Officer

Re: Vehicle Stat Cards

Post by ColourSchemer » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:03 pm

stubby wrote:If not, you (or anybody, really) can always make one.
Concur, beeches!

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:47 pm

I can't upload XCF files into the wiki:
Permitted file types: png, gif, jpg, jpeg, lxf.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:50 pm

Is XCF even a file type? This sounds made up.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:33 pm

I never heard of it before either, but there it is... a gimped file format.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XCF_%28file_format%29

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:29 am

Do we need XCFs and PSDs in the wiki? I feel like layered files is overkill, jpgs should be just fine right?
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:50 am

The train jpg is fine.

WestNordOst
Officer

Post by WestNordOst » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:17 pm

I really don't feel like discussing this. So here is the vehicle stat card template. Take it or leave it:
http://www.westnordost.de/misc/vehicles ... mplate.xcf (files in that folder get deleted every now and then)

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:00 pm

WestNordOst wrote:I really don't feel like discussing this.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:00 am

As usual I'm late to the game, but for those of you with Photoshop here is a pretty good stat card .psd that you can easily modify. It is the one Rayhawk used to have on the main page, but modified and cleaned a bit by me so I could do stat cards for my new BrikWars Stats android application.

Personally I used to do spreadsheets and crap, but that got pretty boring, and I realized that having more unit types and more weapon types and stuff can be kinda overwhelming, so in the past couple years I've moved away from super-customized stuff. The stat cards I have now I made because it's cool to have them for guys I plan on actually using in a battle, and I can just pull them up on my phone really quickly. They're also published for everyone to see, so people can call me out if they think my stuff is OP or whatever. If you guys make cards for your units, post them here or in my thread about BrikWars Stats and I will add them to the BrikWars Stats application so you can go to a battle and be like, "lol guize here is my stats," and look like a boss because they got listed on your phone.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:14 am

Natalya wrote:They're also published for everyone to see, so people can call me out if they think my stuff is OP or whatever.
Where should we call you out? Because I think mimetic armor is absolute horseshit :fist:

Sure you're paying CP for it, but extra armor should still slow you down or something, instead of just being awesome-yet-boring. I think your gun stats are way OP too, but they'd kinda have to be to have any chance of killing other assyrians.

Do you have your gun stats and shit all listed anywhere on the forum? Maybe in Bonus Material?

EDIT: oh and to stay on-topic, here's my attempt at some vehicle stat card templates

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:24 am

IVhorseman wrote:Because I think mimetic armor is absolute horseshit :fist: Sure you're paying CP for it, but extra armor should still slow you down or something, instead of just being awesome-yet-boring.
Nah. It's like chain mail. Not Full Armor, but it barely inhibits movement.
IVhorseman wrote:I think your gun stats are way OP too, but they'd kinda have to be to have any chance of killing other assyrians..
They're fine if you have two factions both using Natalya's weapons stats. And Warhead's are OP too in that case.
IVhorseman wrote:Do you have your gun stats and shit all listed anywhere on the forum? Maybe in Bonus Material?
http://brikwars.wikispaces.com/Assyrian+Weaponry
http://brikwars.wikispaces.com/Czech-Re ... n+Weaponry
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 am

right. so like -1" would fall under "barely inhibiting movement." :myth:

If standard guys are armed with assyrian weapons, they are still guaranteed killed by ANY hit (excluding crit fails on damage) from the following weapons:

Standard Laser Rifle
Heavy Laser Rifle (even if you're wearing 2010 armor!)
Laser Carbine (either shot will kill)
Assault Rifle (either shot will kill)
Heavy Bolter
Death Sniper (although the UR's higher and it's got friggin death in the name so i understand it's definitely supposed to be a OHKO)
Plasma Rifle (also kills armored minifigs)
Crystal gun.

It should also be noted that they all (except the sniper which hits 50% of the time) have a UR of 3, meaning they hit about 2/3 of the time when fired by a standard fig. The point I'm making is that all of these custom stats to add +5 to this or that stat make your units more combat effective sure, but at the cost of making the game really, really predictable. And if you're going to balance it out by giving everyone +whatever to armor so all the bonuses cancel out, why not just get rid of the bonuses in the first place?

Falk

Post by Falk » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:00 pm

But all of them cost 2-3x more than normal weapons so you have CP wise 1 Assyrian for every 2 or 3 guys on the other team. I knoew that you don't use CP, but that's what it's for; balance.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:11 pm

Falk wrote:But all of them cost 2-3x more than normal weapons so you have CP wise 1 Assyrian for every 2 or 3 guys on the other team. I knoew that you don't use CP, but that's what it's for; balance.
Except that noone who ever fielded a single Assyrian did ever care about CPs. Certainly not in forum battles and i don't think CPs were used in the battles Natalya played against other forum users.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Falk

Post by Falk » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Apollyon wrote:
Falk wrote:But all of them cost 2-3x more than normal weapons so you have CP wise 1 Assyrian for every 2 or 3 guys on the other team. I knoew that you don't use CP, but that's what it's for; balance.
Except that noone who ever fielded a single Assyrian did ever care about CPs. Certainly not in forum battles and i don't think CPs were used in the battles Natalya played against other forum users.
Yeah that's the problem. Theoretically it's balanced but IRL it's not.