Vehicle Stat Cards

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Re: Vehicle Stat Cards

Post by Natalya » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:49 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Natalya wrote:They're also published for everyone to see, so people can call me out if they think my stuff is OP or whatever.
Where should we call you out? Because I think mimetic armor is absolute horseshit :fist:

Sure you're paying CP for it, but extra armor should still slow you down or something, instead of just being awesome-yet-boring. I think your gun stats are way OP too, but they'd kinda have to be to have any chance of killing other assyrians.
In BW 2001, wearing armour would decrease your move by an inch, cost 1 CP, and give you +2 armour for 6 armour total. Mimetic armour was a compromise; same price with no movement penalty, but only 1 point of added protection.

I didn't feel like +1 armour without a move penalty was too bullshit because IRL you can just wear a kevlar vest for like +200 armour and have no movement penalty. If you want to stop more powerful guns though you need to go for the +400 kevlar+ceramic plate armour but that weighs a lot and incurs a movement penalty.

IVhorseman wrote:Do you have your gun stats and shit all listed anywhere on the forum? Maybe in Bonus Material?
I used to have them listed, but I'm trying to move towards a less OP weapon set.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:58 pm

IVhorseman wrote:If standard guys are armed with assyrian weapons, they are still guaranteed killed by ANY hit (excluding crit fails on damage) from the following weapons:

(Weapon List)
That was the point: for you to die if you got shot. When I came up with those, I was frustrated by movies and video games making it look like you could get shot a hundred times before dying when IRL, you could get shot with a crappy Glock in the head or heart and die immediately. Forget more powerful guns like Desert Eagles or AK-47s, a Glock will kill you if you get shot in the right place. So, I made the weapons super OP in order to assure death.

But, I'm moving away from that old weapon set because the way their damage would stack up against vehicles seemed too ridiculous. When I played Strana and RoC and Tuefish I realized that it didn't really make sense that the laser guns my dudes used were more effective at killing enemy vehicles than were my dedicated heavy weapons (guns size 2 or larger) because of the automatic damage bonuses. It felt like cheating.

Because of that, since then I've felt compelled to play a losing game, or to not use the Assyrians so that other players wouldn't get upset that their dudes were dying left and right. In my battle with Zipps and aoffan I basically let Zipps just murderate my guys. Then when I played aoffan and Blitzen I didn't even bring the Assyrians. The Quest of Piltogg battle going on right now will probably be the last time they get used in force. I favour the Space Canadians now, so I'm making them not quite as powerful. Their assault rifle is still buffed, but combining fire with it won't blow up tanks the way the Assyrian guns would.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:04 am

Natalya wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:
Natalya wrote:They're also published for everyone to see, so people can call me out if they think my stuff is OP or whatever.
Where should we call you out? Because I think mimetic armor is absolute horseshit :fist:

Sure you're paying CP for it, but extra armor should still slow you down or something, instead of just being awesome-yet-boring. I think your gun stats are way OP too, but they'd kinda have to be to have any chance of killing other assyrians.
In BW 2001, wearing armour would decrease your move by an inch, cost 1 CP, and give you +2 armour for 6 armour total. Mimetic armour was a compromise; same price with no movement penalty, but only 1 point of added protection.

I didn't feel like +1 armour without a move penalty was too bullshit because IRL you can just wear a kevlar vest for like +200 armour and have no movement penalty. If you want to stop more powerful guns though you need to go for the +400 kevlar+ceramic plate armour but that weighs a lot and incurs a movement penalty.
I would just like to add that my Bavarians have the same bonus and it only saves 1 in 10 from getting killed. Mimetic armour can hardly be considered OP.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:06 am

I would just like to add that I ignore everyone's personal stats and just use the rulebook for stats.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:03 am

Natalya wrote:That was the point: for you to die if you got shot. When I came up with those, I was frustrated by movies and video games making it look like you could get shot a hundred times before dying when IRL, you could get shot with a crappy Glock in the head or heart and die immediately. Forget more powerful guns like Desert Eagles or AK-47s, a Glock will kill you if you get shot in the right place. So, I made the weapons super OP in order to assure death.
Maybe the better way, if you want to keep the damage balanced between guns and vehicles the same, is to just lower the Armor for creatures by a couple of points. "In my universe, default armor for minifigs is 2 instead of 4," and go.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:20 pm

Silverdream wrote:I would just like to add that my Bavarians have the same bonus and it only saves 1 in 10 from getting killed. Mimetic armour can hardly be considered OP.
Oh no, I definitely agree that 5 armor is only a laughable difference from 4. My biggest beef with it is that it's boring: why should these guys get slightly better chances of surviving than others if they're not going to be pompous slow assholes about it? There's no reason not to have the armor, which I think is a missed opportunity for fun.

2001 armor only had a -1" penalty? 2005 armor had -2" for the same thing. That's where I've been associating -1" = +1 armor from.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:33 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Silverdream wrote:I would just like to add that my Bavarians have the same bonus and it only saves 1 in 10 from getting killed. Mimetic armour can hardly be considered OP.
Oh no, I definitely agree that 5 armor is only a laughable difference from 4. My biggest beef with it is that it's boring: why should these guys get slightly better chances of surviving than others if they're not going to be pompous slow assholes about it? There's no reason not to have the armor, which I think is a missed opportunity for fun.

2001 armor only had a -1" penalty? 2005 armor had -2" for the same thing. That's where I've been associating -1" = +1 armor from.
I think it was -1" but that was like 11 years ago so I forget. :( Another part of that was how in 2001 there were Tek Levels. The Assyrians were supposed to be TL6 which is like the highest Tek Level possible -- time travel, wormholes, force fields, androids, etc. A TL6 army would probably have figured out at least a +1 armour bonus that didn't slow down the user.
  ▲
▲ ▲

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:50 am

I always thought Tek Level was a needlessly complicated system from the start.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:14 am

If you thought that was complicated, you probably didn't get very far with BW 2001 rules.
  ▲
▲ ▲

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:08 am

I read through it, I just never played with tek levels. All of my battles were sci-fi and in the same tek level anyways, so it seemed silly to add +5 to all the rolls from both sides. By the time I started really picking up brikwars, 2005 came out - the only things I'd prefered from 2001 was the gun selection.

I'd say 2010 guns are better than 2001, but there ain't no death gun :fist:

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:47 am

How about a gun that fires Grim Reapers?
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:22 pm

Keldoclock wrote:How about a gun that fires Grim Reapers?
How about a Grim Reaper that fires Guns?

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:26 pm

stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:27 pm

They all fire grim reapers. Some of them only carry around twelve, while others have upwards of a hundred. They also come in many sizes, from dwarf reaper to blow-up-a-city reaper.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:37 pm

stubby wrote:
Natalya wrote:That was the point: for you to die if you got shot. When I came up with those, I was frustrated by movies and video games making it look like you could get shot a hundred times before dying when IRL, you could get shot with a crappy Glock in the head or heart and die immediately. Forget more powerful guns like Desert Eagles or AK-47s, a Glock will kill you if you get shot in the right place. So, I made the weapons super OP in order to assure death.
Maybe the better way, if you want to keep the damage balanced between guns and vehicles the same, is to just lower the Armor for creatures by a couple of points. "In my universe, default armor for minifigs is 2 instead of 4," and go.
Wait... if Minifigs' armor goes from 4 to 2, what would my droids be if their default IS 2?