The official LOOT topic

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Re: The official LOOT topic

Post by Lord Mercat » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:47 pm

EDIT- Oh wait, You did say the Times Square TRUS (thought it said LEGO store there for a second), so I guess we were at the same exact store! I was there a few Saturdays ago, the 30th. They were having a buy one, get one 40% off sale on their lego items, so I grabbed up enough galaxy patrol guys to make a small skirmish force (21). Same location, same minifigs, same number of figs, talk about deja vu.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

lorbaat
Minifig

Post by lorbaat » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Lord Mercat wrote:EDIT- Oh wait, You did say the Times Square TRUS (thought it said LEGO store there for a second), so I guess we were at the same exact store! I was there a few Saturdays ago, the 30th. They were having a buy one, get one 40% off sale on their lego items, so I grabbed up enough galaxy patrol guys to make a small skirmish force (21). Same location, same minifigs, same number of figs, talk about deja vu.
Whoa. It's especially bizarre given that I pulled 23 but put two back... 21 "felt" like a better number for some reason.

<cue Twilight Zone theme>

Just to prove we aren't the same guy, these reinforcements bring me up to 54 Galaxy Patrols. I almost stopped at 21, but pushed on.

I should be back around the end of the month, hopefully they'll still be plentiful. Although there's not really a round number again until 100, and I rrrrreeeeaallllyyyy can't afford that.

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:06 am

54? No way that's exactl- not really, I only have the 21, I may expand later, but I'm only making a small skirmish sized force of them. I can see why you have so many though, it's a fantastic minifigure design, one of the best lego's ever done, IMO. And 21 is good, because you can have 4 squads of 4, each headed up by an officer, with one extra fig to serve as the commander, which is what I reasoned when I bought that many.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

lorbaat
Minifig

Post by lorbaat » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:34 am

Lord Mercat wrote:54? No way that's exactl- not really, I only have the 21, I may expand later, but I'm only making a small skirmish sized force of them. I can see why you have so many though, it's a fantastic minifigure design, one of the best lego's ever done, IMO. And 21 is good, because you can have 4 squads of 4, each headed up by an officer, with one extra fig to serve as the commander, which is what I reasoned when I bought that many.

Ha! That's basically my unit division, too. Five man squads, one being a Sgt., with a force commander. The three spare guys will be drivers/pilots.

And I agree about how cool the Galaxy Patrol guys are (obviously). It helps that I played 40k before I played Brikwars... I'm basically making Space Marines. My hope is that if they do release them as sets, they'll be a different color, so I can have multiple "Chapters".

morganm
Dimmy

Post by morganm » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:18 am

All three kids had their bdays... lets recap the Lego haul!

Epic osum:

Treehouse set is actually really cool; highly recommend it:

Meh:

Generic pink box o' bricks... nice filler pieces. Minifig looks like a retard with that shirt and orange pants. Guess they still are trying to get rid of all those orange legs from all those shitty city sets =P

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:22 am

Holy crap, that is a pimp treehouse.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:44 pm

Lulz, parents buying their kids presents that they will undoubtedly play with themselves. My dad always used to do that.

Orcs vs. Friends, who will win?
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Well, the Fiends of course!?
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:15 am

Those Uruk-hai better be running. That fiend in the treehouse has a death ray telescope, while the one in the pastel-colored car has a spiked hairbrush of doom.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:22 pm

Natalya wrote:Holy crap, that is a pimp treehouse.
That it is. I'm totally saving up for one now.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

Axel44500
Champion
Champion

Post by Axel44500 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Wanted to buy the Fiends car to add some girly madness to my army, but it was the only set the store hadn't. So I picked those instead.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:10 pm

CAMERA IS BACK!

And now showing my loot from the past two months or so (minus the droid escape, I forgot it):

AT-ST and TIE Crawler:

Shelob, V-Wings, and CHROME CRUSHER!!!! (I did get the full shelob set, I just took apart Sam and Frodo to make other figs)

Finally, two more Uruk-Hai Army sets, and a few Fantasy era Orcs, as well as Gollum and some snake men.

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:21 pm

ROCK RAIDEEERRRSS.

That was probably my favourite Lego theme, even if I only had two of the sets.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:17 am

Sweet orks man
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:43 am

aoffan23 wrote:ROCK RAIDEEERRRSS.

That was probably my favourite Lego theme, even if I only had two of the sets.
I have five; three of the larger ones and two smaller ones. I managed to find the Chrome Crusher for less than the original MSRP on Bricklink, so I couldn't resist. It goes quite well with the loader-dozer!
Zahru II wrote:Sweet orks man
Thanks dude. I hope to get a few more, but I'll probably just get more uruk-hais and use them as orks since they're more readily available.

You guys may have also seen part of it in one of the pics, but I'm also working on a rather large castle for my medieval forces since I don't know if I'll manage to get Helm's Deep :( . I plan to show some pics later today if I can.