Modern Lego and it's all that Mike guys fault

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Re: Modern Lego and it's all that Mike guys fault

Post by Tzan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:30 pm

stubby wrote:The funny story for today is the guy working behind me who was telling me all about this great idea he has for a Lego minifigure-based wargame. I kept waiting for the punchline, but he honestly didn't realize who he was talking to.

At the end I just told him Lego wargames were for nerds and he should get back to work.

So maybe in a week tell him you were thinking about his idea and did a little research.
You found a web site for a set of game rules.
You give him the http://www.brikwars.com url.
Tell him you haven't had too much time to review it, so let you know if its any good.

On the web site your name is only in the fine print at the bottom of the page and on the downloads page as the url for your personal site.
Of course a ton of your art is on the downloads page.

On the forums your name is in fine print on the banner only.

Maybe he will get into a conversation with Stubby. :)

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:06 am

Natalya wrote:Try to get a roller skater with elbow or knee pads into Series 8.
Isn't Series 8 the one that's out now? I have to see if they're doing a series 9.

What are your colors again? Red and blue?
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:58 am

stubby wrote:
Natalya wrote:Try to get a roller skater with elbow or knee pads into Series 8.
Isn't Series 8 the one that's out now? I have to see if they're doing a series 9.

What are your colors again? Red and blue?

This is us right after winning. :boss: I'm the bleached-blonde with a helmet on for those wondering. Because she's in the front, take a look at Queen's gear -- maybe they could print elbow or knee pads or something. If it is a Series minifig, go against printing a name or number on the back, so we could make a whole team of them or whatever using just different heads.

Oh and yeah I didn't know there was a Series 8 already.

Tzan wrote:Maybe he will get into a conversation with Stubby. :)
Excellent idea, but I always call him Rayhawk no matter what. When he figures it out, it will be lulz.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:54 pm

Natalya wrote: Image
Needs to go in the Manly section. :D

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:58 pm

It looks like Natalya is on her way to be the first member of the forum to become a LEGO set. :boss:
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Try to market "Saving Private Ryan."
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

heavyfishcannon
Minifig

Post by heavyfishcannon » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:18 pm

I'd mention Ridley Scott Aliens, but the concept art suggests that has already been suggested! :lol:
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Natalya wrote:If it is a Series minifig, go against printing a name or number on the back, so we could make a whole team of them or whatever using just different heads.
It's all wishful thinking though, I'm pretty sure all the development on these only happens in Denmark, and you probably have to plan all this stuff a year in advance for the manufacturing and everything. We need to send this idea back to 2003 when we were doing the original concept pitch boards.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:54 am

I can wait a year.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:04 am

Warhead wrote:Needs to go in the metal section. :D
You have no idea.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:52 am

:lol:

A Collectors addition Natalya would be great but a set of Killer Roller Derby Lego would be hardcore. Don't let Mike fool any of you. Some of the parts for other new Mini-Figs are so outrageously suitable for main Brikwars Characters they almost make themselves. The stained and splattered vest top for my Manly Santa springs to mind. Naked yellow torso's, I used to have to draw those, no need now. Other bits and peaces too. Even stuff I used to make by cutting Lego has become actual parts that means cutting is no longer required. I'd say it's just a fact Lego is getting better but oddly, that's only been the case since I've been posting my crap Lego here and never was the speed of transition so fast in the *mumbledy-mumble* odd years I've been building/collecting. It's a Beige carpet conspiracy!!!... QUICK! EVERYBODY! TO THE BAR! :D

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:12 am

Warhead wrote:odd years I've been building/collecting. It's a Beige carpet conspiracy!!!... QUICK! EVERYBODY! TO THE BAR!
A conspiracy indeed. Isn't it kinda cool though? If you look at it, I mean, its kinda like we are the illuminati or whatever of lego or something, working behind the scenes to come up with awesome stuff that they then modify to meet their desires then sell it.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:23 pm

...well, yes, sort of. The way you put it though sounds a bit overly grand and complex, even organised. Perhaps a simpler and probably truer way to say it is we're the barrel full of monkeys that got given a typewriter to play with and Mike gets to do the veto editing and spell check. But now we know we have a direct conduit to the Gods of Lego we can reeeeally start fucking things up. Why do you think I've been constantly posting Wumin mini-figs and Mocs with big chesticles... er, other than the obvious reasons. :D

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Warhead wrote:...well, yes, sort of. The way you put it though sounds a bit overly grand and complex, even organised. Perhaps a simpler and probably truer way to say it is we're the barrel full of monkeys that got given a typewriter to play with and Mike gets to do the veto editing and spell check. But now we know we have a direct conduit to the Gods of Lego we can reeeeally start fucking things up. Why do you think I've been constantly posting Wumin mini-figs and Mocs with big chesticles... er, other than the obvious reasons. :D
For some reason or another I can't shake the feeling that the Friends line was slightly influenced by us in this regard. Going along with your monkey barrel idea I feel like perhaps lego has a secret team of undercover forum-goers on places like here or Eurobricks or something that sees what everyone likes and hates and then goes with it, because apparently kids like it too.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:40 pm

And then there's Mike, who likes to upset our assburgers tendencies and whispers "make more peach mini-figs" into the ears of the people at Lego. Ok, so maybe not peaches, but something just as badly good or goodly bad.