Best Metal Intros

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: Apollyon, BFenix

Re: Best Metal Intros

Postby Natalya » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:02 am

This is an intro thread and no one mentions Raining Blood? The fuck is wrong with you people? I mean it has that weird part at the start and then the raining part, but once the real part of the song gets started, sweet Jesus that's like the best guitar bit ever. Are you even metal fans?
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
You think I have a god complex? Let me tell you something. I am god.
You think I have a god complex?  Let me tell you something.  I am god.

Postby BFenix » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:30 am

Natalya wrote:This is an intro thread and no one mentions Raining Blood? The fuck is wrong with you people? I mean it has that weird part at the start and then the raining part, but once the real part of the song gets started, sweet Jesus that's like the best guitar bit ever. Are you even metal fans?

We mentioned Slayer before Naty, but they have a shitload of songs with awesome intros, not just Raining Blood.
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Bragallot » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:23 am

Slayer is one of those bands I think goes without saying. Has anyone noticed that, no matter which concert you're at, there's always at least some people randomly shouting 'Slayer!' ? Those guys are everywhere.

Since you asked so nicely, their best intro would be Seasons in the Abyss imo. The entire intro, from the calmer parts to the opening riff.

It also wins the 'best choruses' award :mrgreen: Damn I love that song.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:I hope to offend everyone.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Location: Trying to find something stupid enough to say to get me a new custom rank.

Postby BFenix » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:13 am

Bragallot wrote:Slayer is one of those bands I think goes without saying. Has anyone noticed that, no matter which concert you're at, there's always at least some people randomly shouting 'Slayer!' ? Those guys are everywhere.

True Story. There's also at least one person wearing a Slayer t-shirt.

EDIT: Probably the same one. :)
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Apollyon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:22 am

Natalya wrote:Are you even metal fans?

Watch your mouth young lady! I for one, am metal as fuck.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
Playmobil

Postby Natalya » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:27 am

Dude my derby team is named after a metal song. I think I can talk about metal.

@Brag and BFenix:
I guess I have trouble because a lot of songs just aren't good enough for me. Angel of Death is actually my favourite Slayer song, but Raining Blood is probably in some ways superior. Point is, there aren't many songs where they (metal bands in general) get everything right... Cool vocals that are at least slightly intelligible and don't sound like the singer has lung cancer, technically complicated guitar riffs, avoidance of the formulaic top-40 song structure, and head-banging rhythim guitar + drum sequences. Maybe my problem is that I've heard the best and it is simply a situation where it's lonely at the top. I seriously hope there is more good stuff out there that I just haven't heard yet.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya

Postby BFenix » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Natalya wrote:Dude my derby team is named after a metal song. I think I can talk about metal.

@Brag and BFenix:
I guess I have trouble because a lot of songs just aren't good enough for me. Angel of Death is actually my favourite Slayer song, but Raining Blood is probably in some ways superior. Point is, there aren't many songs where they (metal bands in general) get everything right... Cool vocals that are at least slightly intelligible and don't sound like the singer has lung cancer, technically complicated guitar riffs, avoidance of the formulaic top-40 song structure, and head-banging rhythim guitar + drum sequences. Maybe my problem is that I've heard the best and it is simply a situation where it's lonely at the top. I seriously hope there is more good stuff out there that I just haven't heard yet.

Apollyon wrote:
Natalya wrote:Are you even metal fans?

Watch your mouth young lady! I for one, am metal as fuck.

Of course there is, a shitload of it. But you can't always guide yourself by the highest standards of technicality or genre, otherwise you'll be missing everything The Metal has to offer.
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Bragallot » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Natalya wrote:Dude my derby team is named after a metal song. I think I can talk about metal.

@Brag and BFenix:

I get what you're saying, it's why I try to stay away from 'averagely good but generic 'heard it all before' kinda bands and also stopped buying albums unless I think they're really really good.

That said, there's definitely a fuckload of singers that don't sound like they have lung cancer, far from it, and bands that get on an equal level as Slayer (I'm pretty sure some fans would murder me for saying this, lol) as well.

If you're looking for high quality Thrash (ironic, isn't it?) check out Annihilator's Never, Neverland. Or Criteria For A Black Widow which Jeff wrote after, as he said it 'Slayer gave him a kick in the ass' (which you can hear pretty well on a song like Bloodbath).

Forbidden's Twisted Into Form is also top of the block when it comes to Thrash imo.

I'd recommend Rage as well, because they're individually among the best at everything but it could be it's simply not your style. Soundchaser and 21 are probably worth a listen either way. Or Speak Of The Dead, Strings To A Web, Trapped! / Unity. (Can you tell they're one of my favourite bands?)
Bragallot
Blockguy

Location: Trying to find something stupid enough to say to get me a new custom rank.

Postby BFenix » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:11 pm

What's with this "just thrash" business anyways? Sure that the world's most successful bands are thrash and the metal world is experiencing a New Wave Of Thrash Metal but you got amazing stuff in power, death, prog, core, tech and even folk!
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Bragallot » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:22 pm

I mentioned mostly Thrash(y) bands because the only thing I know about Natalya is that she listens to Slayer. Thrash is my favourite genre but I listen to a bunch of other stuff as well. The only things I (mostly) don't get are all the -core things, extreme death and Black metal (I have an issue with the vocals, a band like Children of Bodom has great musical parts but I seriously can't stand the vocals).
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby Ham701 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:06 pm

I for one don't care much for Slayer or Thrash.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby BFenix » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:20 am

Bragallot wrote:I mentioned mostly Thrash(y) bands because the only thing I know about Natalya is that she listens to Slayer. Thrash is my favourite genre but I listen to a bunch of other stuff as well. The only things I (mostly) don't get are all the -core things, extreme death and Black metal (I have an issue with the vocals, a band like Children of Bodom has great musical parts but I seriously can't stand the vocals).

Thrash is among my favorites too although some cores are alright, mainly because they incorporate many stuff from other awesome styles, but yeah, I usually don't pay much attention to extreme death stuff like Cerebral Bore.
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Zupponn » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:37 pm

I like most Metal, but Death Metal usually doesn't do it for me.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby Natalya » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:19 am

▲
▲ ▲

Natalya

Postby BFenix » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:06 am

I'm surprised someone like you likes Steel Panther :)
BFenix
Pooplord

PreviousNext

Return to The Metal