Prelude to War

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Prelude to War

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:37 am

On the northern border of the great kingdom of Lorendal, a great battle is about to take place.

Sir Tarius begins his day at morning prayers. It is a clear, crisp morning in the month of Leaffall, and Tarius prepares for what will be just another boring day of watching the vast beige tundra to the north.

The morning quiet is broken quickly, however, as Tarius hears a low rumbling noise coming from the south gate. It grows in magnitude, and Tarius readies himself, even though his men don't really seem to notice...

Tarius is shocked to see the mighty Lord Faerden and his retinue burst through the gate!

Tarius: "Lord Faerden! What brings you this far from home?"

Faerden: "Ah, Tarius, it is good you are here. Quickly, where is Alagard?"

Alagard: "What in the blazes distrubed my...Oh, Lord Faerden!"

Alagard is surprised to see Faerden as well.

Faerden: "Ah, there you are! Quickly, we must gather the troops!"

Tarius: "Whatever do you mean?"

Alagard: "Indeed! Many of our men haven't even broke fast yet!"

Faerden: "Well you'd best be on it; scouts from the northern frontier have reported Norhavren troop movements, heading this way!"

Tarius: "Surely not! We don't have enough soldiers to face a full force!"

Faerden: "Perhaps not, but we do have a home field advantage. Let us hope we can repell them; our scouts didn't manage to see the full force, as they were moving by night and so they could only spot a brief few of their men. I brought as many footmen as I could manage."

Alagard: "You're sure they are Noravs?"

Faerden: "Their banners were unmistakable."

Tarius: "Then lets get everyone ready. This castle may be unfinished, but let's pray the walls hold."

Sentry: "Sir! Norhavren troops are forming lines across the plain!"

Tarius: "Everyone ready yourselves! Enemy troops have been spotted!"

Sir Rupert: "There it is, the only line of defense between here and Lorendal."

Lord Markus: "Yes, and soon it be waving the colors of Norhavren. Ready our men to march. Today our nation claims a great victory!"

More to come soon!

Scratch
Reihawk

Re: Prelude to War

Post by Scratch » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:57 pm

Great intro! Some of the troops could use a bit of variation, but this is certainly the start of a cool saga.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:42 am

Scratch wrote:Great intro! Some of the troops could use a bit of variation, but this is certainly the start of a cool saga.
Yeah, that's what I get for buying two of the Kingdoms chess sets just to make an army. Still has more variation than those however.

Cytheran
Officer

Post by Cytheran » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:11 am

Ben-Jammin wrote:
Scratch wrote:Great intro! Some of the troops could use a bit of variation, but this is certainly the start of a cool saga.
Yeah, that's what I get for buying two of the Kingdoms chess sets just to make an army. Still has more variation than those however.
Sounds legit. I didn't even know those existed.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:03 pm

Nice armies! Can't wait for the next part. Will you do a forum battle? Also, :fist: I wanted to call the beginnig of my story that!
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page