Encyclopedia Medivo, Vol. 2

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Encyclopedia Medivo, Vol. 2

Post by Zahru II » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:26 am

Because I'm far too lazy to dig up and necro back a 20 page thread. This will be a general tweaks and new units thread, stats and shit are still going to be on the wiki. (Although they need quite an overhaul)

First of all, some updates I'm making squad-wise:

Numbers are being clipped back: a squad of infantry is reduced to 6 figs, archers and cavalry are cut down to 3 figs. This balances out the ranged difference between good and evil factions, with 5-5 units of archers on both sides. Also a sneak peek of a new unit that's viable since the downsizing: Elven Griphonriders.

I still have a fuckton of figs.

With Falx units, now cavalry is getting a bit balanced for both sides.

That's it for now, I'm still knee deep in minifigs atm.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Re: Encyclopedia Medivo, Vol. 2

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:36 am

Be very interested to see how the flying cavalry do. I'm a fan of it myself. Don't know how you've statted the griffons, but giving them multiple attacks (even just two claws to attack with a turn) can be quite potent.

I'm not sure what your fig-count is, but I'm a fan of 4-person ranged squads. With fair rolling, you can reliably eliminate 2 unarmored figs a fair amount of the time with that set-up. But smaller squads can lead to greater battlefield versatility, flanking, etc, so I think it's a good move.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:09 am

Mini Jägermeister!

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:01 pm

I think 6 is my standard squad size as well. I would hate having to roll even more dice every time they clash.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:11 pm

Meet the Falx, budget cut edition (ran out of battery juice, shitty webcam pics)

The Falx Invasion Force is a ruthless army of murderers, pillagers, marauders and conquerors. Their goal is to enslave and dominate as many realms as possible. Being immensely powerful and masters of portal technology, their attacks are unpredictable and hard-hitting.

Basic Falx warriors are the backbone of the army, equipped the finely crafted halberds and clad in crimson and black body armor.

Elite Falx warriors, also known as Slayers, are battle-hardened fighters, who had survived many successful campaigns; their combat experience makes them even more deadly. They are armed with Dark Axes, powerful weapons that can tear a minifig in half with one swing.

Falx Riflemen represent the ranged support for the invasion army. Their shots rarely miss and their relatively advanced rifles are nothing to sneeze at when compared to other counterparts.

Falx Marauder Cavalry are the fast attack, hit and run cavalry unit of the army. They are best at flanking enemies or striking down archery units.

The most powerful Falx units are the Possessed Knights. Augmented by forbidden magiks, these bloodthirsty, iron-clad warriors strike fear to the heart of the bravest souls.

But who leads such an ambitious army during the upcoming campaign?

Meet the Falx Lords:

Pizarro D'Oro, the Golden Lord is a skillful military tactician. Many worlds were crushed under his heels. While his armor may make him look flamboyant, he is actually a very formidable fighter. Looks can be deceiving.

Warlord Barthelomeo, also known as 'The Breaker', is an immensely powerful Falx warrior. His favorite activity during conquests is hunting for trophies; killing the most powerful inhabitants of the world.

Torquemada is one of the most powerful Falx magicians, adept at many schools of magic, his power rivaling those of the Majistiks. He is cold and calculating, with a mind as elaborate as a labyrinth. He reveres his mental knowledge, and protects it with a crystal helmet, that not only shield his mind, but also serves as a catalyst.

Last but not least, there is the seductive sorceress, Lady Isabella. She is the polar opposite of Torquemada, with chaotic mood swings. Most of her mood shifts are suffered by the warriors, whom she considers expendable, therefore she doesn't mind torturing one or two soldiers with magik just because 'she feels like it'. Her fighting style is just as wild as her temper, she's not afraid of getting into melee either; she often uses dirty tactics and plays with her foes before vanquishing them.

That rounds up the majority of the Falx army, sorry once again for shit pictures, I'll replace those as soon as I get some new batteries.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Badass.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

DeltaV
Officer

Post by DeltaV » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:12 pm

Barthelomeo has such a rockin' mace. I bet mauling people with it is pleasant.
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:09 pm

I've uploaded the latest version of my armylists here: http://www.textswell.com/read,t12430

Many units were scrapped, some new were added, abilities had been tweaked a little.

inb4 tl;dr

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:45 pm

In your book area I see you have The Hobbit and the trilogy stacked on it. Tolkien would be proud.

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:03 am

Better Falx pictures, as promised:

I'm not sure what to do with clerics, as they are not squaddies anymore... Battle Clerics?

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:30 am

:studgod:

The chick on the flyer is my favourite. The War of the Worlds-esque walker as well. The troops really capture the Cortez-ian feel they're supposed to have: whereas my Falx rely on numbers a lot these look like a tough elite unit.

Personally I don't think the Clerics were of that much use in squads. They were commonly among the first to die (especially when people were smart enough to target them first) and have almost no cc value, so they add little to the squad they can't do outside of it. A paladin officer would have been more useful. They could become paladins like in Warcraft (or battle clerics) and stay in the squads, but personally I preferred to keep them safely behind the lines to cast supportive spells all the time: that's how they were most useful to me and all they were really capable of even when they were put in squads anyway.

So what I would do is just make them separate, single units.

:phil: Or you could build them a vehicle like the popemobile to travel around the battlefield safely.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Predator
Dimmy

Post by Predator » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:07 am

Love the new elemental tit-ans! The falx force is also really great! Nice work, as always.
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)
Get Him!!!! :fist:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:07 am

:666:

For the Battle Clerics, it might just work to have them upgraded to more of an armored support role, the armor to protect them a bit more from being singled out, and a small melee weapon for self defense. My only request is that they wear awesome hats, and that possibly that the leader be named. I agree with the idea that they should be solo and behind the lines.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

DeltaV
Officer

Post by DeltaV » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Scratch wrote::666:

For the Battle Clerics, it might just work to have them upgraded to more of an armored support role, the armor to protect them a bit more from being singled out, and a small melee weapon for self defense. My only request is that they wear awesome hats, and that possibly that the leader be named. I agree with the idea that they should be solo and behind the lines.
I disagree with the "small melee weapon" part. Instead, rebuild their staves to be maces, preferably the spiky kind.
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:41 pm

We all agree that Cannontroll is a cool unit, right?

And so is the Awesomeosaur, right?

Welp, brace yourselves then for the infernal combo that is:

The troll cannoneer on an awesomeosaur.