Presidential Debate Discussion

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: Presidential Debate Discussion

Postby Zupponn » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:35 am

Silverdream wrote:Yeah we get it, you guys hate America.

Yes sometimes people forget where their money comes from.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5674
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Presidential Debate Discussion

Postby Bragallot » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:54 am

Zupponn wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Yeah we get it, you guys hate America.

Yes sometimes people forget where their money comes from.


You mean, where the crises come from?
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
User avatar
Bragallot
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5395
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Gloating over my driver's license

Re: Presidential Debate Discussion

Postby Bragallot » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:58 am

Silverdream wrote:I was actually leading up to Robocop, I just needed an appropriate set up.


Would someone please invent 'I punch you through my computer screen' technology?
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
User avatar
Bragallot
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5395
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Gloating over my driver's license

Re: Presidential Debate Discussion

Postby Silverdream » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:01 pm

Bragallot wrote:
Silverdream wrote:I was actually leading up to Robocop, I just needed an appropriate set up.


Would someone please invent 'I punch you through my computer screen' technology?


:saucy: No need, I can hurt myself better than anyone else.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7639
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Presidential Debate Discussion

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:04 pm

Silverdream wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
Silverdream wrote:I was actually leading up to Robocop, I just needed an appropriate set up.


Would someone please invent 'I punch you through my computer screen' technology?


:saucy: No need, I can hurt myself better than anyone else.


That may be true, but it also takes away half the fun. :mrgreen:
Image

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show
Image

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
User avatar
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.
 
Posts: 2705
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:22 am
Location: Lampeter, Wales

Re: Presidential Debate Discussion

Postby Zupponn » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:34 pm

Bragallot wrote:
Zupponn wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Yeah we get it, you guys hate America.

Yes sometimes people forget where their money comes from.


You mean, where the crises come from?

I like Capitalism because without Capitalism there would be no Brikwars.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5674
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Presidential Debate Discussion

Postby Natalya » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:35 am

Silverdream wrote:Yeah we get it, you guys hate America.

You aren't even American!!
Image
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"


Image
User avatar
Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
 
Posts: 5313
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 pm
Location: Now in Ontario

Re: Presidential Debate Discussion

Postby Predator » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:26 am

Natalya wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Yeah we get it, you guys hate America.

You aren't even American!!

It's an obvious :troll: .
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL as banner would do.
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)


Get Him!!!! :fist:


This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.
User avatar
Predator
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 935
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:45 pm
Location: In mid-air, 360-ing.

Re: Presidential Debate Discussion

Postby Silverdream » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:46 pm

Natalya wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Yeah we get it, you guys hate America.

You aren't even American!!


I actually do like the USA for several reasons.

6. You guys have a very interesting history.
7. I live close to the border, so I've met a few Americans. They seemed nice.
8. Stuff is cheaper in the USA, gasoline and milk for example.
9. If you guys hadn't shown your faces in WWI and WWII alot more people would have died.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7639
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Presidential Debate Discussion

Postby stubby » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:56 pm

Canada is part of America too. There's more to the continent than just the U.S.
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Presidential Debate Discussion

Postby Silverdream » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:58 pm

stubby wrote:Canada is part of the Americas too. There's more to the continents than just the U.S.A
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7639
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Presidential Debate Discussion

Postby Zupponn » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Image
(I love how many times I've posted this image)
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5674
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Presidential Debate Discussion

Postby Keldoclock » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Privatized police are a terrible idea for all of the reasons that privatized prisons are horrible and disgusting collections of crimes against humanity.

If we are to discuss economics, let us please address the elephant in the room, the one that affects every single person in the world.


What the fuck do we do about automation?
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
User avatar
Keldoclock
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Presidential Debate Discussion

Postby Tzan » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Keldoclock wrote:What the fuck do we do about automation?


Get job building sexy robot, hai !
User avatar
Tzan
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4976
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Presidential Debate Discussion

Postby Natalya » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 pm

Keldoclock wrote:What the fuck do we do about automation?


Automation isn't bad. It drives the costs of goods down, which helps everyone. The way to use it is to make sure its cost savings are then put into using more workers to do other things that can't be automated. But even better would be if its savings were then spent back in the local market somehow, boosting other businesses where automation doesn't work like restaurants. A good way for that to happen would be via workers having meaningful ownership of the company they work for because then profits would be disseminated amongst the workers who will spend it more readily than if it gets concentrated in the hands of the execs at the top. Robots aren't the enemy of workers; the real enemy is the structure by which the workers put in labour but don't share in profit.

If I'm working hourly, I have every incentive to be as lazy as possible without getting fired so that I do less work for more money. However if I work in a situation where the amount of products I help create directly correlates with how much money I make, then I'll work harder because the work becomes a little more meaningful.
Image
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"


Image
User avatar
Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
 
Posts: 5313
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 pm
Location: Now in Ontario

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest