Dungeons And Dragons

Post by 501stCadians » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Share your DnD stories here.

Yesterday-

>Defeat Giant Dragon by hurling Greek Fire and Howitzer Shells at it

>Go and get reward

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WJPp5qpbe0 DM plays that

>Massive Win everywhere
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: Dungeons And Dragons

Post by Silverdream » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:00 pm

So we're greentexting outside of 4chan in this thread? I will join in on this faggotry.

>Be 17
>Go to DnD group with younger brother
>Create characters
>Play practice dungeon
>DM is both a dickhead and a creep
>Drink holy water or some shit
>Get bonus something
>Try to carry water, can't
>Continue to the rest of the dungeon, effects wear off
>Pee holy water in my brother's mouth as he pees holy water in my mouth
>Can't do that either
>DM complains after all our characters die that we weren't taking it seriously enough
>DM's friends call him a dickhead
>Never play DnD again because DM hates us and doesn't want to DM anymore
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Convincing the party why bringing ten square feet of canvas along is a good idea, "It's the closest thing on the Equipment Sheet to a towel."

jmatthew
Minifig

Post by jmatthew » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:29 pm

I was a halfling scout sneaking around the second floor of a castle while the rest of my party engaged the guards downstairs. Two of them spotted me and chased me into a room, where I ran under a table, passing tumble check after tumble check and popping out to stab them in the ankles as they ran around the table.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:46 am

4th edition sucks.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:40 am

>Never played DnD
>Is sad
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:17 am

in exalted:

Steal all of the doors. We can craft shit out of them. Didn't gt shit done because party too large.

in 3.5:

DM is dming for first time, steals entire gameplot from skyrim.

again in 3.5:

playing in a "dragonhunter" campaign, as a 7th level paladin. Took EVERYTHING in charge. Got to the boss battle. Charged. Crit. like 160 damage. boss dies in first round. I'm not going to play as a paladin anymore.

I have a really long history of playing things that are game-breakingly OP actually..

jmatthew
Minifig

Post by jmatthew » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:41 am

I only play 3.5. 4 is terrible. My girlfriend is actually in the middle of a 2nd edition campaign right now and she's telling me all of these crazy things about it... her character sheet looks like engineering homework on graph paper. And the LOWER the AC the better??? My mind was blown.
piltogg wrote:in exalted:
again in 3.5:

playing in a "dragonhunter" campaign, as a 7th level paladin. Took EVERYTHING in charge. Got to the boss battle. Charged. Crit. like 160 damage. boss dies in first round. I'm not going to play as a paladin anymore.

I have a really long history of playing things that are game-breakingly OP actually..
Paladins are badass, but not usually that OP; it sounds like your DM just didn't do a very good job of compensating for your badassery. I played a psion on one campaign, which is a class that tends to be gamebreaking unless the DM knows how to handle it, which our DM did. I was powerful, but not omnipotent, and he threw baddies at us that would specifically make it harder for me.

One of my favorite characters I ever played went by the name Axx Grynder. He was a half-elf bard who had a strong career as the lead lutist of an extremely popular troupe named the "Raging Orc Chasms", until the band fell apart. He went adventuring hoping to find his own unique sound and gain fame as a solo artist. He was a bigoted, alcohol and tobacco addicted asshole who was racist against elves and thought the gnome in our party was a child fan of his.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:04 pm

jmatthew wrote:One of my favorite characters I ever played went by the name Axx Grynder. He was a half-elf bard who had a strong career as the lead lutist of an extremely popular troupe named the "Raging Orc Chasms", until the band fell apart. He went adventuring hoping to find his own unique sound and gain fame as a solo artist. He was a bigoted, alcohol and tobacco addicted asshole who was racist against elves and thought the gnome in our party was a child fan of his.
Hey this sounds like my death metal gnome bard.

Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Well, Pathfinder:

I was a Half-Orc Paladin playing through a game with some friends of mine and two very experienced players. It was basically to test our mettle and figure out if we could handle a serious campaign. My Paladin, Nedrick Thubilstomper, was one of the toughest characters in the party, about on par with the battle Cleric who was leading us(and was very experienced). He was really fricking bad at climbing, though. So we get into this encounter with a giant mechanized monster in a narrow dungeon hallway, with the party split on either side of it. Some-how, both our healers(me and the cleric) got caught on the same side of it...so...I had to go over.

I rolled 20's on all my checks and made it over lickitty-split....and then, on the monster's next turn, he turned Nedrick into a pile of loose meat.

I FINALLY got good climb checks, and...I died....poop.

Re-rolled as a Savage Skald Bard named Mosey Shamble-on. Brought my ukulele to play songs for the party.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

jmatthew
Minifig

Post by jmatthew » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Who says gnomes aren't badass? That's awesome.

Have any of you ever played a game using the Cortex system? I used to run Serenity and Supernatural campaigns for some of my friends, and was recently working on a setting of my own design, using Cortex as the base engine.

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:56 pm

jmatthew wrote:Who says gnomes aren't badass? That's awesome.

Have any of you ever played a game using the Cortex system? I used to run Serenity and Supernatural campaigns for some of my friends, and was recently working on a setting of my own design, using Cortex as the base engine.
Is that the one where you buy dice instead of stats and whatnot?
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

jmatthew
Minifig

Post by jmatthew » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Nitewatchman wrote:
jmatthew wrote:Who says gnomes aren't badass? That's awesome.

Is that the one where you buy dice instead of stats and whatnot?
Yeah, everything's in like "die-steps" from d2 to d12. Past d12, you add additional dice... like d12+d2, d12+d4, etc.

It's interesting, and can be quite fun... it takes some getting used to after playing d20 though.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:37 pm

I like d20 Legends a ton, its a shame it isn't played more.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:39 pm

By now I think I have played nearly every RPG on the market - from DnD to DSA, from Serenity to Star Wars (all three of them), from Cthulu to Paranioa - and I had my fair share of awesome and funny (and not so awesome but even funnier) moments.

For example my heroic paladin (who was afraid of hights) who nearly died in a fight against a dragon, then healed himself just to JUMP DOWN THE MOUNTAINSIDE to charge the dragon that was now targeting his freinds. Unfortunatly the dragon survived. But so did everyone else. Even my paladin, but just because the GM was soft.

My favorite character is a young and inexperienced Hedge Wizard in Warhamer Fantasy Roleplay who just discovered that he is blessed with the curse of magic. And who has to work side by side with Witch Hunters who would kill him instantly if they knew what he is.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.