Heroes being badass

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Re: Heroes being badass

Post by Natalya » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:24 pm

How would that ever happen? If a minifig in my army was trying to be persuaded by one of your talking heroes, my minifig would be like, "LESS TALK MORE ROCK!!" and your so-called hero would be shot to death.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:52 pm

He could be like, "I'm running on the platform of more metal and booze for everyone!"

Who could resist that?

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:04 am

Zupponn wrote:He could be like, "I'm running on the platform of more metal and booze for everyone!"

Who could resist that?
A deaf person with liver cirrhosis.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:00 am

Minifigs don't even have internal organs though
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:36 am

Keldoclock wrote:Minifigs don't even have internal organs though
But they do have intestines and lots and lots of blood.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:09 pm

Colette wrote:
Zupponn wrote:He could be like, "I'm running on the platform of more metal and booze for everyone!"

Who could resist that?
A deaf person with liver cirrhosis.
How do you think he got deaf and cirrhosised in the first place? Metal and booze!
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:50 pm

Some of you guys are missing the point here. Politicians, lawyers, charisma riddled tea drinkers, and that guy who pulled bob out of the way of a speeding hot dog cart are not brikwars heroes. Heroes are also not always the guys who are in charge, so to say. You remember watching the rambo movies? Were the heroes in the rambo movies the guys who were commanding Rambo, and telling him what to do? No, of course not, the hero was Rambo, who decided that- fuck what my superiors tell me to do, I'm going to get shit done, and by getting shit done, I mean I'm going to kill the fuck out of everyone and everything that even thinks about getting in my way, and I'm not just going to kill them, I'm going to rip them to pieces via a rage-fueled carnage orgy of bullets and sharp objects. That is what being a brikwars hero is all about. A brikwars hero is not a hero who talks about awesome things, he does them. He doesn't stand there and tell his army that they are going to defeat the enemy, he runs over and rips off the enemy leader's head with his bare hands and uses his skull for a codpiece. A brikwars hero is the guy that says fuck the court system, I think that larry is guilty, and I already have a judge jury and executioner right here- it's called a rocket launcher.

Being a brikwars hero is about doing things, and not just ordinary things- awesome things.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:48 pm

:tiger:

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:15 pm

What about mad scientists who can do all sorts of crazy things that hollywood says they can?

Alternatively,

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:54 pm

Sure, Ranbo is considered a hero, but the action hero is only one stereotype. If the hero is considered fun, then I say that he is a hero. A clown hero could definitely be more fun than a generic Rambo hero at times.

IX_Legion
Minifig

Post by IX_Legion » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:57 pm

If you want it to be a hero, and anyone else that happens to be playing is okay that it's a hero, then it's a hero. Otherwise, it's not. Simple.

Of course, that won't prevent the people here from vociferously ridiculing you at the first opportunity.
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:17 am

I was just using Rambo as my example, he of course isn't the only example- there is also, Judge Dredd, Rocky, Keanu Reeves, and a wide array of Austrian Strongmen.
Regardless, the point wasn't necessarily that all heroes should be rambo style action heroes, but that they should be awesome, like Rambo. The whole point of brikwars (if there is any point of brikwars) is violence. A hero, in most cases should be someone who is either adept at violence, awesomely violent, or violently awesome, with preference given to those who are all three at once. Yes, you "could" have a clown as a hero, but a hero who juggles bricks, and makes balloon animals would be extremely lame, and there is nothing worse in a brikwar than lame. Now, if said clown was juggling the decapitated heads of his enemies, and making balloon animals out of the intestines of his eviscerated foes, it would be an entirely different ballgame.

There is a special place for those figs in brikwars whose skillsets do not revolve around either violence, or the propagation of violence, and that place just happens to be impaled by their own non-violence protest sign, stuck to the warhead of a doomsday rocket, and subsequently, in several bloody chunks strewn across the battlefield. That's the thing about pacifists, civilians, and non-violentists- they either die a bystander, or live to see themselves become a hero, in deservingly violent fashion.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:13 am

Hey, indirectly altering the battle can be pretty awesome, too. What about a hypnotist hero who can command super soldiers to go on a rampage for them. The super soldier is much more capable than he is, so it's only logical. So does the hypnotist not deserve to become a hero just because he didn't directly kill anything?

Making a minifig a hero isn't just about the increase in stats and the ability to rip shit apart. If a unit is supposed to be good at one thing, then it only makes sense to improve their ability to do it in-game. Thus, the heroic feat. Rather than having to roll skill and use and all that jazz, you just say what you want to do, and do a WISG roll. In terms of the politician/off-the-battlefield commander, this just means that they get to show off their persuading/commanding abilities better. And since they're not actually on the battlefield, you don't even have to worry about their increased armour and movement.

For example, what if a riot were to take place in a town square, where the president of Country X was making a speech on a giant screen? It would make sense for the president to attempt to turn some rioters on each other, or issue an order that would instantly group the police/military into a certain formation. Unfortunately, there's not way to work this into a regular action, since there's not stat for Will Power. That's where the heroic feat comes in. Just roll for WISG.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:49 am

aoffan23 wrote:Hey, indirectly altering the battle can be pretty awesome, too. What about a hypnotist hero who can command super soldiers to go on a rampage for them. The super soldier is much more capable than he is, so it's only logical. So does the hypnotist not deserve to become a hero just because he didn't directly kill anything?
Yeah, pretty much. Doing something amazing is not the same as doing something Heroic. I mean you just used the word "logical" to describe his strategy. You do the math.

A powerful Hypnotist is just a regular SuperNatural unit with a couple of Mind Dice; we already have rules for that. A Hero is a different kind of thing entirely.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:21 am

If your heroic feats aren't helping to kill the enemy, then they aren't heroic feats. Any attempts at non-violent feats should remedied with the hammer of discipline. :sparta:
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.