Downing?

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Chinook
Officer

Downing?

Post by Chinook » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:38 am

Are there any rules for this? I would think if someones armor was met with an equal force, he'd be "downed" and out for a turn or two, unless he is assisted.
No one is home

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Re: Downing?

Post by cleanupcrew » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:18 am

Chinook wrote:Are there any rules for this? I would think if someones armor was met with an equal force, he'd be "downed" and out for a turn or two, unless he is assisted.
Knockback and disrupted. Probably somewhere in the minifig attacks chapter.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:24 pm

unless you're playing a smaller battle, or it is an important unit, you'll probably forget if the unit even was downed.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:06 am

10.2: The Medik (sidebar) wrote:Dismemberment
Normally, when a minifig's Armor exactly matches the amount of Damage he receives, nothing happens - he survives without consequence. As an optional rule, players may elect to use the Amputation effects to make minifig combat more interesting.

If players decide to allow Dismemberment, then minifigs are no longer immune to Damage that exactly matches their Armor, but the effect depends on the type of attack. If the minifig was hit by a cutting weapon, it immediately suffers one Amputation of the defending player's choice. Any other type of damage causes the minifig to be knocked over and Disrupted.

Dismemberment rules only apply to minifigs. Chopping off larger Creatures' limbs is handled by Component Damage as usual.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

IX_Legion
Minifig

Post by IX_Legion » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:39 am

You know, I was looking up the component damage to see if it would be of use against minifigs. I knew that there would be a -2 to the skill roll, but I couldn't remember the minimum structure level for joints (so if I wanted to take off an arm or a leg). In 2005, it's zero, so if you target a minifig's joint and hit it's an automatic kill. In 2010, though, it's one, so that kind of attack is only useful against armored figs (as in 1d10 armor, not with armor plate). Is there a specific reason for the change?

Speaking of, could you specifically try to sever a limb of a fig with armor plate and bypass the armor?

Of course, it's usually not worth trying for component damage against minifigs, but I'm still curious.
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)

stubby

Post by stubby » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Armor plate now gives the Armored bonus rather than changing the Armor rating, so the usual benefits from targeting joints wouldn't apply. You might let people get away with bypassing Armored with a headshot though, if the character wasn't wearing a helmet. Depends how anal you want to be about what armor a character is wearing.

stubby

Post by stubby » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:36 am

Voin wrote:
stubby wrote:Armor plate now gives the Armored bonus rather than changing the Armor rating, so the usual benefits from targeting joints wouldn't apply. You might let people get away with bypassing Armored with a headshot though, if the character wasn't wearing a helmet. Depends how anal you want to be about what armor a character is wearing.
Aren't Heavily Armored minifigs already wearing a visored helmet by definition?
That's correct. It's a change that was made a few months ago, which is why you should be suspicious about replying to threads that are almost a year old.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:13 pm

:owned:

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:13 am

I think he joined and then replied to the first ten threads on every board. Or something.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.