Initiation

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Initiation

Post by Zahru II » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:18 am

The defeat at Ursa Hold cost the undead a lot, as they had both lost the Warlock and Ezra during the conflict. Without proper control, it fell to the Cult of the Corrupted to pull the shambling undead army together. Currently they are residing within the Fortress of Evil, slowly rebuilding their numbers...

Dark Acolyte: 'Greetings, younglings. Today, one of you had been proven worthy to ascend mortality.'

Dark Acolyte: 'Even though the Warlock has perished, and Father Ezra was vanquished, never forget: we remain. We persevere. For it was foretold that the gift of eternal life shall be ours. Indeed, behold as one of you shall receive it!'

Dark Acolyte: 'Father Ezra may have left us, but his studies and laboratory are still ours; although we can only aspire to surpass his genius, we must be thankful for the fact that his findings will guide us even beyond the grave.'

Dark Acolyte: 'I remember when I was one like you... feeble, trembling, and mortal. I can sense the fear in your hearts, and doubt. Do not let such feelings steer you off the path you had chosen, children: with Father Ezra's findings, and the knowledge gathered from the forbidden vault of Deadlock, we can rebuild. We can regrow.'

Dark Acolyte: 'Come now, as your moment of ascension is at hand. Drink from the Cup of Pestilence and feel as you surpass the compounds of living!'

*the Cult Initiate takes a sip from the cup, and immediately puts it back on the altar*

Cult Initiate: *urrrk-*

Dark Acolyte: 'I know the sensation you feel right now, as I have endured it myself. The pain of thousand people run through your body as your heart stops and you suffer from the decay. It will lift soon though.'

Dark Acolyte: 'There, now you have the honor to call yourself one of us.'

Cult Ascendant: 'Thank you, wise Acolyte, for bestowing the gift of eternity upon me. '

Dark Acolyte: 'You can only thank yourself, child. Let his ascent to greatness be an example for all of you; let it be a goal you strive for! Never forget: we will rebuild, We will regrow. Soon, we shall find us a new leader, one way, or the other.'
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Re: Initiation

Post by stubby » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:11 am

Aw, I was hoping two would have to be sacrificed to undead the other.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:52 pm

stubby wrote:Aw, I was hoping two would have to be sacrificed to undead the other.
:godwin:

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Colette wrote:
stubby wrote:Aw, I was hoping two would have to be sacrificed to undead the other.
:godwin:
I agree as well, but this is a pretty good way to get out background information about the cult.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:09 pm

Haha, I can see the reasoning, but the Cult is more 'Nurgle' than 'Khorne' when it comes to ideals.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:38 pm

I thought that they would have to fight to the death. Then the winner gets undeaded.

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:02 am

I feel that guy's pain, I had the same reaction when I drank Mountain Dew.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Alex
Nice TRIPS

Post by Alex » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:49 pm

Zupponn wrote:I thought that they would have to fight to the death. Then the winner gets undeaded.
This. I was expecting something like when the joker has "tryouts" in the dark knight.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:05 pm

I was expecting one to make a run for it and get eaten, or be a spy, or something.

Either way, I suggest the Imperial forces scour all the villages of people and burn the bodies just to keep them from submitting to the undead. Better safe than sorry.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Scratch wrote:I feel that guy's pain, I had the same reaction when I drank Mountain Dew.
And we have a winner!!
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:34 pm

Natalya wrote:
Scratch wrote:I feel that guy's pain, I had the same reaction when I drank Mountain Dew.
And we have a winner!!
Correction: :winrar: