Real Men of the Galaxy Patrol

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Re: Real Men of the Galaxy Patrol

Postby lorbaat » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:50 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:they've come a long way since then. Some of the Clone Wars are still bad but much of the more modern peach stuff is alright.


I'm sitting in front of a desk with every Marvel minifig out so far, so I clearly don't have too much of a problem with them. I'm just disappointed I can't drop them in with all my other town guys easily, or use their heads for other things seamlessly.

I love the alien/monster/animal heads...although, I don't know if those get lumped in with peaches or not.


Easy! Is it from a "peach" line? Then its Peach!

Hulk? Peach.
Deadpool? Peach.
All the guys from TMNT sets? Peach.

Chima? Not peach.
The minotaur from the collectible series? Not Peach.
The martians from Life on Mars? Not Peach.

How can the Galaxy Patrol tell the difference? How can people in the Marvel Universe tell the difference between mutants and humans who got superpowers in an accident? They just do.
User avatar
lorbaat
Minifig
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Real Men of the Galaxy Patrol

Postby Whiteagle » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:58 pm

God this makes me wish I had more Galaxy Patrol Figures...

Like... three more just so I could make an Assault Squad...

The Dreadnaught is also sweet.


As for the Peach/Yellow debate...
Peach heads are mostly alright, except for some of the Clone Wars CGI Series ones with the HUGE ANIME EYES, but it's peach torsos that really piss me off...

I mean, clone troopers at least have full helmets, but what are you suppose to do with a torse that only matches a fraction of your heads?
User avatar
Whiteagle
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Real Men of the Galaxy Patrol

Postby darkpaladin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:23 pm

My view on peaches: the only expectable ones are the lort/hobbit ones
The other ones, BURN, KILL, DESTROY!
Image
User avatar
darkpaladin
Officer
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:34 pm
Location: [in the matrix]

Re: Real Men of the Galaxy Patrol

Postby samuelzz10 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:48 pm

Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
Image
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: Real Men of the Galaxy Patrol

Postby mercury19 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 pm

lorbaat wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:they've come a long way since then. Some of the Clone Wars are still bad but much of the more modern peach stuff is alright.


I'm sitting in front of a desk with every Marvel minifig out so far, so I clearly don't have too much of a problem with them. I'm just disappointed I can't drop them in with all my other town guys easily, or use their heads for other things seamlessly.

I love the alien/monster/animal heads...although, I don't know if those get lumped in with peaches or not.


Easy! Is it from a "peach" line? Then its Peach!

Hulk? Peach.
Deadpool? Peach.
All the guys from TMNT sets? Peach.

Chima? Not peach.
The minotaur from the collectible series? Not Peach.
The martians from Life on Mars? Not Peach.

How can the Galaxy Patrol tell the difference? How can people in the Marvel Universe tell the difference between mutants and humans who got superpowers in an accident? They just do.



I actually have to say thank you for this. It clears up many peach questions I had. What if you used a yellow decal to recreate a figure from a peach line? Is he still a peach? Becausesome of the figs from peach lines aren't peach, but seem to be considered so, like the Hulk.


EDIT: stupid me, I forgot to complement your amazing work! I especially like the dreadnought, I might have to steal the design.
Last edited by mercury19 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: show
Image

Tzan wrote:
"The frontiers of space are a giant sausage fest." ~ Admiral Ackbar



http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Avokhan_Empire the Avokhan article
User avatar
mercury19
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:56 pm
Location: Probably somewhere in the Brikverse. Oh wait, you mean physically?

Re: Real Men of the Galaxy Patrol

Postby Silverdream » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:04 pm

Woah, those guns are the best designs I've ever seen. Although I'm not a big fan of 40k I love this army, also what you've established doesn't mess with General Blut's backstory at all which I like.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7647
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Real Men of the Galaxy Patrol

Postby lorbaat » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm

badagle wrote:The Dreadnaught is also sweet.


Thank you! I'm pretty happy with him.

it's peach torsos that really piss me off... what are you suppose to do with a torse that only matches a fraction of your heads?


The good news is the color matching on the torso printing can be so bad that yellow-yellow or peach-peach barely match anyway.
User avatar
lorbaat
Minifig
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Real Men of the Galaxy Patrol

Postby lorbaat » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:35 pm

mercury19 wrote:I forgot to complement your amazing work! I especially like the dreadnought, I might have to steal the design.


Thank you! The insides of the dreadnaught are a lot less straightforward than the outside. :)
User avatar
lorbaat
Minifig
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Real Men of the Galaxy Patrol

Postby lorbaat » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:38 pm

Silverdream wrote:Woah, those guns are the best designs I've ever seen.


Oh thank you, that's very kind.
User avatar
lorbaat
Minifig
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Real Men of the Galaxy Patrol

Postby Kalvinator » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:33 am

That Bolt Gun is probably one of my favorite guns I've seen on here, at least for a while. Also, YOU HAVE 65 OF THEM!! HOW? Great stuff all around too though. Can't wait to see more stuff.
Image
User avatar
Kalvinator
in need of one still
 
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:35 am
Location: Waiting for a spontaneous warp to another galaxy.

Re: Real Men of the Galaxy Patrol

Postby lorbaat » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:22 am

Kalvinator wrote:That Bolt Gun is probably one of my favorite guns I've seen on here, at least for a while.


The little blaster pistol they come with is a great starting point.

YOU HAVE 65 OF THEM!! HOW? Great stuff all around too though. Can't wait to see more stuff.


I'm very good at feeling up those little bags. And they aren't hard to spot/find. Or weren't. Or aren't, I guess, since the Alien Warrior feels exactly the same, blind-bagged.
User avatar
lorbaat
Minifig
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Real Men of the Galaxy Patrol

Postby Insert_blank » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:47 am

I was really hoping for a dapper calendar when I saw the title. That said these are awesome, indeed.
萌えを覚えっていますか?
Douse yourself in water and repent.
User avatar
Insert_blank
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: China

Re: Real Men of the Galaxy Patrol

Postby stubby » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:05 am

lorbaat wrote:The good news is the color matching on the torso printing can be so bad that yellow-yellow or peach-peach barely match anyway.

Or, depending on your willingness to customize, easily fixed with a yellow highlighter.
User avatar
stubby
forum janitor
 
Posts: 4867
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Real Men of the Galaxy Patrol

Postby lorbaat » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:21 am

Insert_blank wrote:I was really hoping for a dapper calendar when I saw the title. That said these are awesome, indeed.


Thanks! I'm glad your disappointment wasn't total. :)
User avatar
lorbaat
Minifig
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Real Men of the Galaxy Patrol

Postby lorbaat » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:27 am

stubby wrote:
lorbaat wrote:The good news is the color matching on the torso printing can be so bad that yellow-yellow or peach-peach barely match anyway.

Or, depending on your willingness to customize, easily fixed with a yellow highlighter.


Unfortunately my willingness to customize LEGO elements is next to nil. I'd say absolutely nil but I did strip and repaint that one minifig head for the Solitaire (Deadpool ripoff) minifigure.
User avatar
lorbaat
Minifig
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:54 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests