United Earth Space Forces and Terran Alliance (New Pics)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: United Earth Space Forces and Terran Alliance (New Pics)

Post by Silverdream » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:47 am

Magyars are people born in Hungary. They have a tendency to get into conflicts they have no chance in winning. Some are racist, but that's okay because they're also smart and cool.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Solidus927
Hero

Post by Solidus927 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:11 am

Silverdream wrote:Magyars are people born in Hungary. They have a tendency to get into conflicts they have no chance in winning. Some are racist, but that's okay because they're also smart and cool.
Real world racism is pointless since racism isn't limited to white people. There are racist Hispanics, and racist blacks all over the world as well as racist Asians, Arabs etc. etc. Here in Brikwars forum I see no need for hate or racism since the rules of Brikwars allows for any type of blok toy to be used regardless if it's peach, mega blok, K-reo whatever. The point of Brikwars is to be fun and affordable and enjoyable. I understand some people love to bring hate into the equation because it adds gusto, emotion, flare, or even greater entertainment but if you ever experienced a hate crime against you done in the open around other people, you will understand. I don't agree with your statement that a racist person is smart and cool because in order to be smart and cool it requires an educated and mature attitude. Racism is not a demonstration of education or maturity because in itself it is a demonstration of being a fucking retard.

Not saying you're that way or anything since so far you seem like a cool person, so I hope you don't take offense since I am sure you're cool. As long as we're being playful I'm all for it!

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:34 am

Thanks. Some brikwarriors like that Fritz fellow and piltogg are somewhat racist. Apollyon once admitted that he believes the holocaust never happened. I am disgusted by this racism. While my family was carefully preserving Canadian heritage with museums and loyalty to the empire, the American pigs were keeping slaves and sending slaves back to Africa where they would enslave slaves.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:13 am

Solidus927 wrote:And now a lesson on hate

pics

The moral of the story is... don't hate or your gunna get your ass kicked. :tiger:
Ah, another reason not to like peaches. Great! :D

Solidus927
Hero

Post by Solidus927 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:44 am

I have an Idea for Brikwars that could add some crazy epic depth. I'm sure some of you with PS3's have heard about Dust 514. I have been waiting for this game for a few years ever since it became a concept by the creators of Eve Online. anyways... I want to add an Orbital bombardment mechanic with actual minifig scale space requirements. So if you want the perk you need the build. Fun part will be aiming up from the ground at the space ship or having 2 battles going on, one in space and one on the planet surface Brikwar style. I am going to play around with the idea but hey if it's cool in video games it's going to be epic-ally absurd and OSSUM in Brikwars!

Solidus927
Hero

Post by Solidus927 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:26 am

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:31 am

Physically, how would you accomplish this? I'm interested to know.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:09 am

Actually, I've tried this before, and oddly enough, DUST 514 is where I got the inspiration. Basically what I did is had a massive army on my bedroom floor, then put some microscale spaceships on my bed and had each other fight. A few of the minifigs were assigned target designator devices that could be used to call in orbital strikes. The target would appear as a brick on the microspace battlefield. If a ship fired on the brick and hit it, then they successfully attacked the target on the ground with whatever weapon they fired at.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:30 am

Did you make the damage bigger in the minifig battle or was it the same for the microspace battle.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:55 pm

Oh, god. Orbital strikes could end up being hilarious! Just think what a crit fail would do. :lol:

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:37 pm

That is a great way to do orbital bombardment. Also, is this game you're talking about out now... for which systems, etc?

Solidus927
Hero

Post by Solidus927 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:15 am

The game is out for PS3 only.

Ok so the way I see this working in brikwars is with maximum hilarity in mind. If it's not boneriffic funny then it wont work. 2 Tables, 1 battlefield. One table is the surface battle the other table is the space battle. Just imagine, dragon flies into space and godsmacks the space frigate down to the planet and frigate goes smashing down and crushes everything. The possibilities are endless. Please discuss.... more ideas!!!

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:46 am

This may work for you and some others, but unfortunately a lot of us don't have minifig scale space ships, and wouldn't work for us.

Oh and damn, that game looks awesome.

Solidus927
Hero

Post by Solidus927 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:03 am

Kalvinator wrote:This may work for you and some others, but unfortunately a lot of us don't have minifig scale space ships, and wouldn't work for us.

Oh and damn, that game looks awesome.
You may not be able to unleash orbital bombardment from a space ship, but maybe you can can have space fighters just in case that you can use to blow up an enemy space platform. The space vehicle will have to be purchased with cost points like anything else so I may have a Heavy Assault Frigate in orbit but my surface force will suffer since the cost points of my Frigate will be very high. There is always a way to balance things.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:49 am

I'm thinking that the damage from microspace weapons could be, like doubled or something to make up for the fact that they're shooting at minifigs and minifig-scale vehicles.

And I just about bought a PS3 just for the sole purpose of playing DUST 514.