MFZ First Battle w/ Videos!

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

morganm
Dimmy

MFZ First Battle w/ Videos!

Post by morganm » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:45 am

The following is an account of our first Mobile Frame Zero battle. This game is a BLAST! You can check it out for free! If you love it as much as I do then please throw some cash their way and pay for the PDF or even the book. Personally I wanted the book so I ordered that. There's a great community of ppl over on the forums; if you have any questions about how the rules work they will gladly assist! There's also a lot of sharing in mobile frame, terrain, vehicle, and weapon designs which is a lot of fun all by itself! http://www.mobileframehangar.com/index.php

The battlefield is set! The Vultures vs. Unnamed Free Colony. Note book, tape measure, and counter set at 11... lets fight!
DSC08652 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Free Colony squad:
- Squash Giant (Free Colony Custom)
- Flame (ST-07B(S))
- Soldier Bright (ST-07B(S))
- Jets (Free Colony Custom)

The Vultures squad:
- Cpt. Griffin (Landmate Mk2)
- Crane (WT-04F "Hi-Leg")
- Midnight (Conscript Advanced)
- Shade (WT-130 Rotten Egg v2)
- Hunch (LHI Prototype : Code Name "Civil Defender")

In the notebook I wrote down each frame, grouped by squad, and what systems the had including d8Rr with little circles by them. When a system or rocket was used I filled in the circle so we knew it was no longer in use and to stop using those dice. Of course a tape measure and dooms day counter.
DSC08653 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

The Vultures stations from left to right: Comm. relay station, momentium pump, and a disabled momentium tanker.
Free Colony stations: Far back in the middle is a comm. relay station, to the right is a small monument, and behind that is the tail section of a downed aircraft filled with food supplies.
DSC08655 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

DSC08656 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

DSC08657 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

DSC08658 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Couple of rounds in now. The Vultures are advancing. Crane takes cover behind the remnants of some building and Jets moves in, on the other side, to engage. Midnight and Hunch have also moved up. You can see half of Cpt. Griffin there who's also closing in on Soldier Bright on the other side of that tree.
DSC08659 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Flame moves up next to Jets to help head off the attack.
DSC08660 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Intel Report: Vulture drone spots inside one objective.... Crabby Patties!
DSC08661 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Squash Giant holds fast.... those Crabby Patties won't fall into the wrong hands on HIS watch!
DSC08662 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Hard to see here but I thought it was kinda cool. In the trees there is a micro-fig on some crazy motorcycle my son built.
DSC08663 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Soldier Bright standing guard!
DSC08664 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Cpt. Griffin moves in to take cover and engage Soldier Bright.
DSC08665 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

DSC08666 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Shade fires artillery from cover... with little effect.
DSC08671 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Cpt. Griffin is hit! His long range rifle and jump jets are critically damaged! Soldier Bright draws first blood for the FCRs!
DSC08672 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Another solid hit by the FCRs! Flame annihilates Midnight's jump jets.
DSC08673 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Cpt. Griffin returns the favor and blasts off Soldier Bright's heavy armor plates and his melee stinger.
DSC08674 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

DSC08676 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Again Shade fires from her safe position... and misses... Come on, take your time and aim!
DSC08677 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

SIT REP: The battlefield thus far...
DSC08679 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

DSC08680 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

OHHHhhhh! Soldier Bright deals a crushing blow to Cpt. Griffin with his shock-bat! Thankfully the Captain's blaster took most of the hit... but it's rendered useless... he has no systems left!
DSC08707 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

DSC08708 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Cpt. Griffin makes a run for it and sprints off to a nearby enemy station! He radios to Midnight to close in and assist!
DSC08710 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Hunch isn't too happy about loosing Midnight to the Cpt.'s orders but Crane is still near by to help. Jets swings around cover and tries to flank. Hunch has eyes on him and calmly notifies Crane "Eh... watch yer six there Crane."
DSC08711 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Shade finally dials in on a target to devastating effect. Shade pinpoints his location and fires a full artillery barrage... Soldier Bright may have drawn first blood but he was the first destroyed frame! Cpt. Griffin has to reluctantly order the exuberant chatter over the radio to quiet down "Settle down kids.... lets focus here..."
DSC08712 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Jets tries to return the favor on Crane and hits but not as hard as he'd liked. Crane looses his tactical double-barrel shotgun. Jets slinks away back into cover.
DSC08716 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

My opponent gives me a weird smile.... what is he up to? O_o
DSC08718 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Flame sprints in to flank Midnight!
DSC08719 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Once again Hunch's array of surveillance systems saves the day. Midnight narrowly dodges. Squash Giant takes measure of his surroundings... what's his plan?
DSC08722 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Midnight fires his single shot rocket! Squash Giant looks out across the field... as if in slow motion the projectile bears down on him...
DSC08724 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

The ordinance impacts upon the mammoth frame striking his momentium power cells which erupt in a cacophony of flaming wreckage!
This behemoth is reduced to little more than a hi-leg; all 4 systems lost with one rocket.
DSC08726 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Fearless leader is visible shaken by this single, devastating attack...
Video: http://www.flickr.com/photos/92583914@N04/8415899375/
DSC08727 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Cpt. Griffin takes the enemy comm. station. Midnight moves in to capture the monument. The tides are changing in favor of the offensive.
DSC08729 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Crane falls back towards the momentium tanker. The FCR repositions. Crane fires his rail gun on Flame finishing him off.
DSC08730 by Grumpy Gremlin, on Flickr

Jets moves up and fires on Crane! DICE SHENANIGANS! Lets see the video...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/92583914@N04/8415896477/

I shot a video just before the final round. You'll see there that Crane has lost his rail gun and comm. antenna. Jets tore up Crane while he retreated to hold the momentium tanker. That makes THREE frames I'm down to just white dice on; Cpt. Griffin, Midnight, and now Crane.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/92583914@N04/8416978462/

Ended up that I took all his stations in that last round. Up until then it was very close; a mater of 3 points between our scores which flip-flopped a few times. However capturing his last station solidified my lead and that was the end of the game. It was a good battle, a lot of fun, and I hope you enjoyed the battle report!
Last edited by morganm on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

darkpaladin
Officer

Re: MFZ First Battle w/ Videos!

Post by darkpaladin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:41 pm

Does the PDF come out garbled?
Cause when I loaded it a lot of it just shows up as random strings of numbers and letters with lots of spaces inbetween

morganm
Dimmy

Post by morganm » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:04 pm

Loads just fine for me.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Yeah me too.

Was gonna :wtc: about apparent :pedo: but then I remembered you're a dad. That crashed bit of airplane is one of my favorite-looking terrain pieces ever.

morganm
Dimmy

Post by morganm » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:34 am

Maybe they did some kung fu server side that jacks up externally linking to their stuff? I dunno...

Just go to the website: http://mobileframezero.com/mfz/

Can't miss it... front... center.... free download for PDF.

Cytheran
Officer

Post by Cytheran » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:55 pm

:son: :pedo: :pedo: :pedo: :pedo: :j+b: