Skill rating for creation weapons?

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

__Nero__
Nice
Location: In a dank dark cave plotting ways to kill peach colored figs and dimmies

Skill rating for creation weapons?

Post by __Nero__ » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:35 pm

ok so on my slave 1 that I have, acording the core rules I measure the weapon then put it into the table an it gives me the stats of the weapon. Well the main guns are each 3" long making them have a use rating of 9! Well a normal minifig or a pilot could never use it! The hidden rocket has a UR of 12! Plz. How do I solve this?
THIS! IS! BRIKWARS!

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:09 pm

do you know what "bonus roll" means? if you ever roll the highest number a die can roll (six on a d6, 10 on a d10), you toss in another die. from that, it's very easy to get the nines and tens. and keep in mind that large explosives can miss targets and still do damage due to... exploding.

however, we ARE currently working on making URs for creations more managable. URs of 20 were a bit on the ridiculous side.

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:32 pm

I make up my own URs.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.

Orange yoshi
Champion
Champion

Post by Orange yoshi » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:45 am

we know that X... :roll:

__Nero__
Nice
Location: In a dank dark cave plotting ways to kill peach colored figs and dimmies

Post by __Nero__ » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:47 pm

well I was hoping there was a way to fire the weapon without having to roll a critical success. I thought of making a special pilot for spaceships with big guns.
THIS! IS! BRIKWARS!

ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Post by ahp77 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:58 pm

You're using the new rules that made the PDF obelete, right?
Also, maybe 3" guns are made to hit thing bigger than minifigs. Say, maybe, erm.... things 3 times as big.[/u]

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:38 am

Actually, when firing at large targets you add 1 to your roll for every 2" of the target's size rating. For example, if you were firing at a 6" tank, you'd add 3 to your roll. MKII and above guns are really for large targets only. But don't worry, the weapon's *actual* size doesn't really have to correspond to its in-game Size. If you wanted those guns to be antipersonnel weapons, you could still make them MKI.

... and all of this stuff is why I just get my weapon stats from the 2001 rules.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:32 pm

Say that the vehicle or whatever you're mounting these guns to has a targeting computer which adds some to your skill roll.