Brik Newbie advice needed

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Torzick
Battlefield General

Post by Torzick » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:21 pm

Got the confirmation that it will be a few games of quickwars, and plan to have a good time bending the rules to my liking. I have 20 figueres, and a load of illegal weapons (5? Stop. Foddah time). Personally, the saddest thing is that I actually LOST my perfect APC, so guess I may have to re-draw my perfect plan up.

I believe with a few rerouting points with an extra flanking maneuver or two, the new plan will much more effective than previous. One Eyed Willy and Bricktler will reign supreme over my foes! Pics to come in a possible future thread.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:50 pm

oh, and one last thing: don't forget to redshirt for your heroes! if it looks like they're gonna bite the dust, do not hesitate to throw away a cheaper guy to save your hero.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:51 am

Torzick wrote:quickwars
You deserve to lose the battle.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:43 pm

Strategy: Don't forget to bring the snacks.
Tactics: Kill the enemy.
Secret weapon: High-powered nuclear armor peircing 155-millimeter rocket-propelled turtle.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.

Tarren
Dimmy

Post by Tarren » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:54 pm

Do it my floppy penis style, carrier vehicle, minifig piloting it, some support figs. vehicle moves twenty-four inches, has 20d10 bomb on fornt. ram enemy vehicle.
WIN
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.

vulcant13
Hero

Post by vulcant13 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:39 pm

Have some red shirt grunts set up IEDs around the terrain that leads to you.

Have grunts be equipped with radio and radio to commander to blow up IED in the area after 10 seconds. have aforementioned grunt draw the enemy to him as he tries to manage a kill.

Commander blows up IED and blows that unit to Tim-buk-tu.

Rinse and repeat...

:D

HVNSNT SOLDIER
Hero

Post by HVNSNT SOLDIER » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:06 pm

Don't go for tactics when building your units, go for what looks coolest! Brings out the fun-factor more.
When cities burn and armies turn to flee in diseray
The weak ones cry "tis best to fly and fight another day!"
But true heroes know deep in their marrow when they die and fall,
"Tis better to have faught and lost, than to have never faught at all!"

noheroes89
Battlefield General

Post by noheroes89 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:38 am

pesgores wrote:
Stupid enough to put all those cigarettes in his mouse.

Sir, are you drunk? However, now that I think about putting cigarettes into a mouse....

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:22 pm

Winning a game of Brikwars is easy. It's having fun that's the hard part. I went through a lot of trial and error and learned a few important things:

1- No high armor values. 3D10 is the max for faster vehicles, 4D10 for slower ones.
2- no insanely high HP. I give each vehicle half as many hit points as it has size.
3-If you are using vehicles, THE COMBINED FIRE RULE IS A MUST READ. It lets you do serious damage to armored units with a large group of infantry.
4- If you're playing on a battlefield big enough for a lot of heavy units, bring enough APCs to carry your troops around or they won't get to the front lines until long after the action's over.
5- Terrain is important. It provides your units with cover and a reason to move around instead of just stand and shoot at each other.

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:09 pm

IMPORTANT:

Don't over-plan, over-read, or get over-serious about the games and rules. Although I've read the entire 2001, 1998, and 2005 rulebooks, half the rules and procedures in my average game are completely made up on the spot. It doesn't matter at all, if you're playing with a good n' jolly enemy.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:26 pm

Instead of upgrading infantry weapons by buying extra dice rolls, upgrade them by buying +2 attack. This makes it more sure that your attack will do something. This is very useful against minifigs too, because their armour is 4. If you have a rifle, the default strength is 1D6 +1. Upgrade that shit to 1D6 + 3 and you will automatically kill un-armoured minifigs.

Also, make up special stuff. Like I don't give my minifigs normal armour at +2 armour for 1 CP and -1" movement. I do +1 armour for 1 CP, -0 movement, saying that the armour is lighter but also more expensive per unit of protection.

The Wizard
Hero

Post by The Wizard » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:17 pm

Here's some very important advice:

If you try to use obscure rules to your advantage, your opponents can and will beat you with the nearest available blunt object. So, instead of being a cheap rule prick, be fun.

Also, if you are considering making a move which may endanger your own minifigs in order to kill the opponent, DO IT. You'll never get the chance again. Even if the loss on your side is greater than your opponent's, trust me, it's worth it.
A Wizard is never late. Nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

Visit my tower!

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:17 pm

I have something:

If your opponent asks for a rule, and you don't know the answer, MAKE SOMETHING UP. There's nothing less fun than waiting when someone else finds a rule. And even if you're wrong, who cares? It's the fun that counts.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:38 pm

The Wizard wrote: If you try to use obscure rules to your advantage, your opponents can and will beat you with the nearest available blunt object.
Read "blunt object" as "Hammer of Discipline".

Too bad the only person who will play Brikwars with me constantly adheres to every single rule!

And i don't have a Hammer of Discipline... :cry:
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:58 pm

I do. Am I the only one who actually made one?

Mine has a thick PVC handle, a heavy wooden top thing, and the words "DISCIPLINE" are engraved in dark red into the handle.