BW 2010 feedback

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Post by Whiteagle » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:47 pm

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:Nah, forget about skill rolls and penalties. Just set up a normal exposure damage field hazard 8 or 10 in long with 1d6, 2d6, or whatever caliber your machine gun is. Give the field whatever kind of arc you want that makes sense. Given the nature of the zone, both friend and foe will be shot to bits if they enter it. Stealthy units could sneak through using normal stealth rules, but your normal grunt won't have that much forethought.
Eh, that kind of seems cheap really...
I mean, you are basically having the machine gunner continuously firing his weapon without penalty on the caveat that his Killone is a hazard to both friend and foe.
Plus an anorak might exploit "what ever kind of arc that makes sense" with, "My guy can swivel his machine gun 360 degrees, so he creates an 8" radius circular killone!"

Besides, this sounds like a better job for a Scanner-brand Acute Magnetron Microwave Headasploder then an Autogun...

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:59 pm

Remember that for balance purposes, Field Hazards cost inches of Weapon Size. If you have a machine gun spraying a Size 8" Hazard, then it needs to be mounted on a structure large enough to support the existence of a Size 8" Hazard. Otherwise it doesn't have the resources it needs (like unlimited ammunition).
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:12 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
Rev. Sylvanus wrote:Nah, forget about skill rolls and penalties. Just set up a normal exposure damage field hazard 8 or 10 in long with 1d6, 2d6, or whatever caliber your machine gun is. Give the field whatever kind of arc you want that makes sense. Given the nature of the zone, both friend and foe will be shot to bits if they enter it. Stealthy units could sneak through using normal stealth rules, but your normal grunt won't have that much forethought.
Eh, that kind of seems cheap really...
I mean, you are basically having the machine gunner continuously firing his weapon without penalty on the caveat that his Killone is a hazard to both friend and foe.
Plus an anorak might exploit "what ever kind of arc that makes sense" with, "My guy can swivel his machine gun 360 degrees, so he creates an 8" radius circular killone!"

Besides, this sounds like a better job for a Scanner-brand Acute Magnetron Microwave Headasploder then an Autogun...
Yeah this is why I'd want a skill roll in there, even if it can be assumed that the shot automatically hits. The gunner should have SOME opportunity to run out of bullets, and rolling lower than the current shot # for the turn is already how auto-guns work. This also might help justify it in light of field hazards needing to be mounted to support their inches of weapon size, anyways.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:50 pm

stubby wrote:Remember that for balance purposes, Field Hazards cost inches of Weapon Size. If you have a machine gun spraying a Size 8" Hazard, then it needs to be mounted on a structure large enough to support the existence of a Size 8" Hazard. Otherwise it doesn't have the resources it needs (like unlimited ammunition).
Ok, so a Microwave Headasploder would need a... 4" generator block then?
IVhorseman wrote:Yeah this is why I'd want a skill roll in there, even if it can be assumed that the shot automatically hits. The gunner should have SOME opportunity to run out of bullets, and rolling lower than the current shot # for the turn is already how auto-guns work. This also might help justify it in light of field hazards needing to be mounted to support their inches of weapon size, anyways.
Indeed, plus it leads to the lulz of having a charge where the guy in front somehow avoids getting turned into salsa only for the guy immediately behind him to miraculously be filled full of holes.

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:06 am

Download links to the Gunner and Heavy cards are broken.
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."

stubby

Post by stubby » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:06 am

d'oh

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:12 am

The new image ate the top of Chapter 3 is simply amazing! Are there any otherawesome new images? :D
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:52 pm

pkbrennan wrote:Download links to the Gunner and Heavy cards are broken.
Actuall, I think all the links are broken, because they link to the old website or we just don't have the downloads page anymore.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

stubby

Post by stubby » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:46 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:The new image ate the top of Chapter 3 is simply amazing! Are there any otherawesome new images? :D
I think that was one of the images from the DekWars concept I was cooking up a couple years ago. I should put that in the wiki too, for people to play with.

But yes, I am always painting new images and updating old ones. And I figured out Pinterest is a great way to collect images from forum battles for possible use later:

http://pinterest.com/mikerayhawk/brikwars/

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:51 pm

Nice.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:44 pm

And here I thought Pintrest was only good for recipies and crochet advice.
stubby wrote:DekWars
I remember this! I was thinking about it the other day mid-dream as I was waking up from a dream where I'd discovered how to play Faster Than Light with just a regular deck of playing cards.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:06 pm

stubby wrote:Your parents have no objections to the fact that I just gave you several chapters describing all of the ways you can simulate the brutal slaughter of living, thinking beings. You are training to be the worst that humanity has to offer, and they don't even bat an eye.

But now that I've posted a cartoon caricature of the plastic toy version of a pair of harmless anatomical features possessed by fully half of the human population and necessary to the basic continuance of life, THIS is where they're freaking out. God damn but your parents are stupid.
Allright, so in the above "boobs" textbox in the species chapter, there's a few grammar errors or something that are making that second paragraph pretty choppy and hard to understand.

perhaps try

But now that I've posted a cartoon caricature of the plastic toy version of a pair of harmless anatomical features possessed by fully half of the human population which are necessary to the basic continuance of life, THIS is the point where they're freaking out. God damn; your parents are stupid.

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:37 pm

stubby wrote:
*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:The new image ate the top of Chapter 3 is simply amazing! Are there any otherawesome new images? :D
I think that was one of the images from the DekWars concept I was cooking up a couple years ago. I should put that in the wiki too, for people to play with.

But yes, I am always painting new images and updating old ones. And I figured out Pinterest is a great way to collect images from forum battles for possible use later:

http://pinterest.com/mikerayhawk/brikwars/
That's cool that you pinned my Space Foreign Legionnaires, and it looks like other people liked them too! That's neat.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:01 pm

I had the same thought, Ham. It's nice when folks like your stuff, especially when it comes as a surprise.

stubby

Post by stubby » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:11 am

As I'm doing another simplification round on the momentum rules, I'm thinking of changing the requirement to 4" per +1d6 Mom rather than 2". Comments welcome, even though I know nobody uses Momentum anyway.