BrikWiki

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: BrikWiki

Postby stubby » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:55 pm

Dr. X is still kind of a Legend even if he's not around being a Leader.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:03 pm

Mm. Good thought. Let's leave it. Besides, the more content, the better.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Natalya » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:18 pm

There isn't really any content for most of those people's pages. Dr. X was pretty legendary but since we can't use the Search for older posts it is kinda hard to see what he made.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Zahru II » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:50 pm

I wanna start a 'who's who on Medivo' page, although in small chunks, because I am lazy. But I would appreciate if people would link the page to other bits of the wiki, I suck at that. Also what do I need to do to start up a new page? I can't find any new page function.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby Tzan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:01 pm

Well, you remember that part you don't want to do, that's what you need to do. Be brave.
Make a link on any existing page, then click it to go to the empty page stubb.

Then if you're not sure if you are taking over land owned by a faction and don't want to get banned, you could destroy it all if need be. :godwin:
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:11 pm

Natalya wrote:There isn't really any content for most of those people's pages.

Let's make some. Why was Dr. X legendary? What did he do that you remember? He isn't around to post anymore so his "character" only matters to us in what we can remember about him. Most of the jokes we have are things like that, having started with one person doing or saying something profoundly stupid or awesome.

Zahru II wrote:I would appreciate if people would link the page to other bits of the wiki

What did you want linked out? or rather, in? I went ahead and copied the old brikwiki entry over to Medivo under Worlds in Places and Locations. Is this yours? You still want it there? Someone else created a copycat world and linked Medivo in it. And we could link it from your profile. You could alter the World entry to make it just about the planet itself and then put Medivo as a culture/kingdom with all the details about armies and characters under one of the categories in Factions and Forces.

Zahru II wrote:Also what do I need to do to start up a new page?

Just create the link on a given page, Medivo in this instance (?), save, then click the link to start creating content in the new page.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Zahru II » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:48 pm

Alright, thanks guys! So apparently if I make a new link and thus create the page, I shouldn't have issues with linking stuff together (I meant that for future stuff, I'm fine with what's on currently, thank you) in the future.

I went ahead and copied the old brikwiki entry over to Medivo under Worlds in Places and Locations. Is this yours? You still want it there? Someone else created a copycat world and linked Medivo in it. And we could link it from your profile. You could alter the World entry to make it just about the planet itself and then put Medivo as a culture/kingdom with all the details about armies and characters under one of the categories in Factions and Forces.

First of all thanks for porting that over. The copycat world is Fantoria, right? That's the content of user 'FISH(with or without exclamation marks, idk)'. Anyhow, I'd be thankful if you were to link the page with my profile, I'll go ahead and expand other tidbits from there (armylist, factions, etcetera). You'll know when I get stuck with something because I'll probably post again being all noobish and 'HOW DIS WORKS'.
Zahru II

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:10 pm

No problem. It was easy to port and I wanted to get it over sooner rather than later because medivo is one of the more popular armies.

I'll leave the existing article where it is. Its just physical description, inhabitants, and a small bit of history. Which seems fine for a world entry.

I'll go ahead and link things up to show you what I mean but, trust me, its very intuitive and easy to use. You'll get the hang of it in no time.

So, fortuitously, you had linked Encyclopedia Medivo at the bottom. I'll just redirect that link to the Dominion article. According to the world article, Medivo was united under a single Empire, right? I assume its called the Empire of Medivo? Was there a different name? We can just change it if there was.

*edit*

There, you can just click the red link for The Empire of Medivo either under your profile or under the existing Medivo article and start your page.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Zahru II » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:29 pm

Excellent! Thanks! The Encyclopedia is heavily outdated, I'd rather make a new page for it. Thing is, Medivo is the name for the planet itself, with two distinct continents: Northeros (my stuff, with the Empire and all that jazz), and Westeros (Brags' stuff). There is also place for my continents/islands, to give free space for expansion. The Empire was simply called the Empire so far, both I guess we can refer to it as the Empire of Northeros. Apart from that there are elven and dwarven kingdoms too which I barely touched upon, but I'll write those things down myself, don't wanna burden you too much due to me being sloppy.
Zahru II

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:06 pm

Fixed.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Zahru II » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Okay, so I made a fuckton of edits on the Medivo page, clicked save and nothing seems to have changed. Why?
Zahru II

Postby Tzan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:18 pm

Use your back button, if you can and try to Save Page again.

I just made a change, so it works.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Zahru II » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:26 pm

Worked like a charm, thank you!
Zahru II

Postby stubby » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:40 pm

Zahru II wrote:Medivo is the name for the planet itself, with two distinct continents: Northeros (my stuff, with the Empire and all that jazz), and Westeros (Brags' stuff).

The existence of a Northeros and Westeros means that there will probably be a Sutheros and Osterros with all the usual super-racist stereotypes. It's just how fantasy worlds work.

Every fantasy novel ever wrote:6. The One True King of white people lives in the Kingdoms of the North and West.
7. Too bad the "dark-skinned" dudes from the Kingdom of the South have teamed up to be the lackeys of the race of badguys. (Badguys are a race, just in case nobody realized that whether or not you're evil depends on what you look like.)
8. Luckily the "exotic" dudes in the Kingdom of the East will show everyone the way with their spiritual insight.

Instead of that, you should add an Öst-Suthösteros where all the stereotypes get combined ridiculously. Empires of Zoroastrian Zulu zen Maoi samurai etc.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Zahru II » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:43 pm

Well, I do have the Hitokiri Empire Continent in mind for future campaigns (spoilers), so that's a dead giveaway. Also I cocked it up, it's WesteroN, not Westeros, that's agot shit. YOUR PATTERN IS FALLING APART
Zahru II

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion