Questions.

A friendly place for friendly people where we all play nice and share.

Moderator: Colette

Forum rules
Play nice with n00bs in the New People threads. Save the abuse, trolling, and pr0n for everywhere else.

Questions.

Postby SVGK » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:34 pm

is brikthulu makeable?, how do you make that awesome skeleton warrior in black armor with a flaming helmet? (the one on the main page, the cape is the hard bit to figure out, I is can are be thinking of naming him after myself (my real name) and yes the grammar was deliberate), should i buy Lego from? and why has this website not exploded from awesomeness overload with that skelly guy?, plus how do forum battles work? (the secret factions in particular).
SVGK
Champion

Re: Questions.

Postby Keldoclock » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 pm

Various brikthulu's have been constructed, if you look around old threads you'll probably be able to find some.

The skeleton guy is Warhead, a forums poster who was responsible for ZZD and is planning an even larger forum battle (although it is apparently on indefinite hiatus). I think he's got a son about your age.There have been a bunch of versions of him posted, I think the one that Stubby drew is not actually build-able, although it was based on one that was.

Good places to buy lego are:

Bricklink (when you really want specific pieces or sets, sometimes they can get very pricey though)
eBay (buy bulk lego by weight, expect to find some fakes and other unusable crap in there though. You might be able to score some sets for cheap a week or so after Saturnalia)
Garage Sales
People who are moving out of their childhood homes
Thrift stores sometimes carry old lego sets, although I've never seen it myself.

Forum battles work like this:
Person A build a battlefield and takes pictures
Persons B and C (and sometimes A as well, although this is impolite) select factions and PM orders to Person A
Person A does the orders, rolls dice, takes pictures, and posts a new turn on the site.

Secret factions are built by Person A ahead of time, and he adds them to the field at some point after the end of the first turn, to keep things interesting.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby SVGK » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:23 pm

whie waiting for a reply i have been looking around the forums and found the warhead guy, the only difference i can see between the cool picture and the actual minifig is the red hands and the torn and fuzzy cape and how did you find out my age?, are you physic or something?.
SVGK
Champion

Postby Whiteagle » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:18 pm

SVGK wrote:whie waiting for a reply i have been looking around the forums and found the warhead guy, the only difference i can see between the cool picture and the actual minifig is the red hands and the torn and fuzzy cape and how did you find out my age?, are you physic or something?.

Of course he is, we all are...

...Why?
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby SVGK » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 am

who is?, what are you going on about?, and how do you change that bit of writing just below my avatar?, is it like neoseeker where i need a specific post count?
SVGK
Champion

Postby Silverdream » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:06 am

You have to do something for it to become a custom rank. Otherwise it will change due to post count.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby SVGK » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:51 pm

yeah, "something" is a very specific word isn't it?, anyhow at least i know that i don't have to do extreme amounts of posting now.
SVGK
Champion

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:18 pm

SVGK wrote:yeah, "something" is a very specific word isn't it?, anyhow at least i know that i don't have to do extreme amounts of posting now.

SEE NOW LOOK WHAT YOU ALL DONE AND DID. Please don't post a bunch of garbage just in an effort to change your rank title - the titles only get worse as you post more and more. Yes, like neoseeker.

All of us are Physics. I'm also going to tell you right now that it's gonna be a very good idea to lie about your age, because I'm pretty sure you're around 11. That's okay! Just don't let :pedo: know.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby SVGK » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:41 pm

close but i am older than that, what is my age you may ask?, :mystery:, but really, what gave you that idea?.
P.S. Why do lists start with 6? and what is a sigfig?.
P.P.S. I just said I have decided that i would not post constantly for a better normal title, I only care about custom titles, otherwise i really couldn't care less and i have a suspicion that custom titles are for moderators and other such people which really isn't worth my time.
P.P.P.S. Who or what is Pedobear?.
SVGK
Champion

Postby Natalya » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:05 am

The real way we know you're young is because you didn't know how to get the flames on the sides of his helmet. I will explain:

This is the modern flame piece that you are familiar with. You can't attach this to his helmet.

In the past, Lego made flame pieces like this. Notice the two tiny pins on the base of the flame. Those two pins fit into the sockets on the sides of the Dragon Masters helmet that Warhead usually wears. This is also required to make fire rings, which are useful for some of the more advanced rules.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby SVGK » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:12 am

The thing i didn't understand was where to get a torn cape like his one, i knew how to attach the fire bits because i have at least 1 of my own from the evil wizards skeleton tower (you know, from the castle theme),
SVGK wrote:how do you make that awesome skeleton warrior in black armor with a flaming helmet?.
i specifically mentioned the helmet because there was another skeleton guy beside him and didn't want any confusion between them, now that i look back on it the warrior part was probably enough.

Edit: Apparently I have a custom title :???: , or so the website says....
SVGK
Champion

Postby Silverdream » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:37 am

You can make a torn cape with scissors.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Colette » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:12 pm

I have this one really old, worn cape that I use for my warhead.

If you wanted one fresh out of the box, no modifications, you could buy this set and take the black tattered capes:
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:25 pm

And, of course, if you aren't too elitist:

MMCB makes fantastic cloth accessories, many of them customizable.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby sjosten » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:50 pm

If you want the Nazgul capes from Colette's suggestion, I reccomend just Bricklink-ing it, much less expensive. On the other hand, the set is pretty sweet, so you might want the whole thing. On yet another hand, buying the whole set means that you're taking away part of the Nazgul, meaning you can't have them and Warhead appear at the same time. On another hand (which I am forced to assume is actually a foot) Warhead is, when Brikwarriors use him correctly, much more awesome than the Nazgul, so it could be worth it. At this point, I ran out of limbs, so I guess I have to stop now.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.
sjosten
Minifig

Next

Return to New People Start Here