BrikWiki

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: BrikWiki

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:55 pm

Thank you, I hadn't known about the clear. I already included Blue, though. I've been trying to include everyone's personal usage of transparents but the search only does so much for me. Luckily, I remembered Prussian Blue and Zupponn's favor for green. I've been making sure that the "base" transparent still fits with the personal variant concepts. I had to ask about the rest. How was clear used by pedonuker?
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby pkbrennan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:58 pm

Smoky Transparent for BrikVerse stoners?
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."
pkbrennan
Cannon Fodder

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:03 pm

We can certainly make that a variant. I was considering a "Corruption" theme but now I'm not so sure. We have Red and Pink for that (although those take the forms of virus and warped reality). Still, pretty similar. I thought about black being the absence of color, subtractive. But we have clear for that, the essence of nothing. So I'm rethinking it.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Tzan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:17 pm

You guys are way over thinking this.
If someone invents a use by actually using it for his army, include it then.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:41 pm

Not really.
I enjoy the writing and I've been intrigued by the idea of coming up with meaningful stories behind the transparents. So I am.
If we can't come up with something, we'll leave it blank, of course. But I can't see the harm in thinking creatively about something I enjoy.
If someone comes up with a use for his/her army, I will include it, as I have done already.

It may sound important, worried, and obligated but I assure you, its just friendly musing.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby stubby » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:36 am

Don't forget trans-yellow's all-important role in making Dungan Peesabers.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby stubby » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:39 am

pkbrennan wrote:If you can make it more obvious without mentioning Samuel L Jackson by name, please do

This sounds like a job for Bad Moe Faux.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:23 am

stubby wrote:Don't forget trans-yellow's all-important role in making Dungan Peesabers.

Righty-roo, I'll add that in soon.

The Far-Ums is up finally. I hope its alright. I'm pretty tired so I'll have to look at it tomorrow to see if I sound like a complete retard. On a related note, see pkbrennan's Playing with SigFig ideas thread over in Bricks. Anyway, I hope you guys like it. It was a little weirder to write being a fictional concept based on a real thing especially since, for the narrative to work, I had to abandon certain reflections/parallels and encourage others. I also wonder if writing all those references to it in other articles first, before writing Far-Ums, took the steam out of me when it came to finally writing it. If that makes sense. It probably doesn't.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Silverdream » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:51 am

Can someone help me with this page? I had trouble doing anything.

If nothing shows up here's a spoiler.

Spoiler: show
----
[http://www.brikwars.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=398 silvadream's Forum Profile]

----
[[Inhabitants of the Universe]]

File:http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Brikwars/Mini-Fig%20Characters/DSC07654.jpg

Silvadream is your average Canadian bisexual noob. He was and still is a mysterious annoying entity that took the forms of many (usually covered in chrome). He was an average trianglist teenager before falling in love with the [[Far Ums]]. While he did pioneer forum battles and invent the concept of secret factions as well as the Ice Cream Underslung and [[Anal Disruptor]], he was ultimately rejected from the [[Far Ums]] for being an annoying dumbass. Under his command, his forces killed Santa Claus (no, not [[MFS]]), and he attacked the [[Far Ums]] that he once loved with 1,473 goods, ushering in a noobocaust that killed millions of other members. [[Rayhawk]] then picked up his banhammer and struck Silvadream.

File:http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Brikwars/Brikwars%20Zombie%20Dawn/DSC06171.jpg

After 2 days, Silvadream rose again (to the efforts of [[my floppy penis]]). He used this time to seek out [[MFS]], who he tracked to a Spaceport on Pretoria to finish the job he thought his mercenaries had failed to complete. He then swore loyalty to [[BoB]].

File:http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk120/Warhead40k/Brikwars/Brikwars%20Zombie%20Dawn/DSC06174.jpg

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Arkbrik » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:29 am

Well, to start with you should upload the pics instead of just linking to them.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby Tzan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:23 pm

stubby wrote:Don't forget trans-yellow's all-important role in making Dungan Peesabers.

Is there any trans brown, for Poosabers?

If we currently don't have access to trans brown teknology, that would explain why we don't see any Shith warriors in the forum battles.
Maybe they are still in hiding.
Lego need to work on that.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:03 pm

Silver, there you go, mate. Hope that's what you were looking for.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Silverdream » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:23 pm

Thanks.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby pkbrennan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Re: Silverdream's page - "uncomprehensible" should be "incomprehensible" - it's one of those weird words where the prefix should be "in" and not "un"
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."
pkbrennan
Cannon Fodder

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:32 pm

I noticed that myself but decided to leave it. When porting other people's stuff, I'll fix grammar/spelling mistakes and even sentence structure if I can (while keeping strictly true to the perceived spirit/intention of the original), but if it's a title/name/something like I'll leave it because I'm never sure if that's a joke I missed or something personal having to do with their character or story. Like a minor, more personal version of spelling things with a k.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion