The official LOOT topic

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde

Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby Killer Karetsu » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Yep, so my sister told me(she's been to USA). If I spent a year in USA I'd get very, very fat.
Maybe it's a good thing that sweets and drinks are so expensive here.
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!
Killer Karetsu
Mega Blok

Postby samuelzz10 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:02 pm

Killer Karetsu wrote:Yep, so my sister told me(she's been to USA). If I spent a year in USA I'd get very, very fat.

There seems to be a stereotype that all Americans are fat, but really only about 1/20 people are dangerously fat at my school, let me remind you I live in a middle class area of Texas near Houston, (constantly called fattest city in America) so obesity while it is a problem is similar to lots of places I've been to.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:44 pm

He didn't say all Americans are fat. He said the only thing keeping him from getting fat was the overpriced junk food.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Ben-Jammin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:48 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:
Killer Karetsu wrote:Yep, so my sister told me(she's been to USA). If I spent a year in USA I'd get very, very fat.

There seems to be a stereotype that all Americans are fat, but really only about 1/20 people are dangerously fat at my school, let me remind you I live in a middle class area of Texas near Houston, (constantly called fattest city in America) so obesity while it is a problem is similar to lots of places I've been to.

That actually surprises me, I thought my neighbor state of West Virginia was the fattest. I remember not to long ago that they actually wanted to pass a bill that took out all the drive-throughs in all fast-food restraurants in that state, because like 1 out of 3 people in WV are obese or something...
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby stubby » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:05 pm

I remember thinking Americans weren't all that fat, back before I started traveling to other countries all the time. Now whenever I come back to the U.S. I'm like damn. These people are fat.

If you think only 1/20 people at your school are obese, it means you don't know what normal weight is supposed to look like. Wait until you visit a country where the government officials aren't owned by fast food corporations.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Zupponn » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:09 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:Houston, (constantly called fattest city in America)

No, Milwaukee is the nation's fattest city! :fist:
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby Keldoclock » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:33 pm

If you go to Wall-Mart, you can get 2 liters of real soft drinks for $1, and 3 liters of the fake stuff for $0.40 :wink:

I live in New York City. People aren't too fat here, maybe because they stand on the subway?

I don't drink much soda, because the soda that I do like is made with real sugar instead of HFCS, but it's hard to get- you have to order from one of three plants in the nation that still do it, and I can't be bothered to, except for a purchasing a case on special occasions.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby samuelzz10 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:39 pm

stubby wrote:I remember thinking Americans weren't all that fat, back before I started traveling to other countries all the time. Now whenever I come back to the U.S. I'm like damn. These people are fat.

If you think only 1/20 people at your school are obese, it means you don't know what normal weight is supposed to look like. Wait until you visit a country where the government officials aren't owned by fast food corporations.
I was born in UK, and so I did live elsewhere. I'm 5' 3" or so, and I weigh 90 pounds.
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby pkbrennan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:17 am

This is on the Guardian UK web site right now, and might be a real eye-opener for some:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/inter ... ze-you-are

Basically, it is a BMI test where you can find out your BMI then compare it to the averages in the rest of the world (The United States has the highest average BMI, as it happens).
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."
pkbrennan
Cannon Fodder

Postby Killer Karetsu » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:38 am

samuelzz10 wrote:

Yeah, I didn' mean to say all americans are fat. Sorry. I just meant (as silva said) that I the low prices of junk food would mean I would eat WAY too many bags of candy and other stuff and so I'd get fat.
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!
Killer Karetsu
Mega Blok

Postby Bragallot » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:53 am

It's a global problem, really. Lots of fat and sugar makes you lazy, and lazy people are easier to control. A while ago, I tried to avoid sugar entirely for a couple of days, and I noticed I felt a lot more energetic, but I also noticed how much sugar I used to eat by the amount of things I had to avoid. I'm slim / athletic though, so it's not really a problem, but it is a problem for a lot of people. I guess what I'm trying to say is that 'mainstream' food is kinda unhealthy and you could be eating very unhealthily without really knowing it because after all, you're only consuming the same products everyone else is. The final responsibility is your own, but I can imagine a lot of people as not that self-aware / well-informed...
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:I hope to offend everyone.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Location: Trying to find something stupid enough to say to get me a new custom rank.

Postby pkbrennan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:56 am

A new unit came for me today in the post. It's made up of the character minifigs from the Adventurers sets:

Plus that big vehicle base plate I mentioned ordering some time back:

I am still searching for suitable wheels to use on it, with a probable maximum diameter of 54mm.

Also, I was stupid enough to go looking for suitable wheels on EvilBay and wound up ordering a set of 4 Lego trikes, two white two black, for £10. Complete trikes with wheels and everything, so not bad for that price. Looks like I am going to make a 5 vehicle unit soon with those four trikes and the motorcycle dude from Pharaoh's Quest. WOOT.

Still have not found the wheels I want, though...

pkbrennan
Cannon Fodder

Postby Bragallot » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:59 pm

I bought 10 collectible minifigs, I got:

1 Roman Emperor (totally awesome, will probably turn him into a nobleman or something)
1 Mech robot dude (I realized the suit kinda looked like power armour from Starship Troopers IV so right now that's what he will be even though the colours don't match)
1 insufferable, unavoidable Chicken Suit Guy. The derp doesn't even have a torso print. (Man, am I going to turn his life into a hell)
1 English black suit dude (Space Nahtzee maybe 'cos of the 'uniform' and because it would be ironic to turn a British person into a Nahtzee)
1 Cowgirl (Hero for the Rednecks)
1 Snowboard girl (no idea)
1 Actor (Empress, noble lady maybe)
1 Cyclops (random brute)
1 Gypsy woman (medieval extra, most likely)
1 Underwater harpoon dude with a big helmet (I mistook this guy for a gladiator at one point, he has an interesting torso that I'll be looking to repurpose)

All in all I'm not too unhappy with this haul although I would've liked a conquistador, fairy, knight, space orc, mermaid, roller derby girl, waiter (to turn him into Walter!) and female elf too. Since some of these seem like the most expensive to manufacture, I think they're also the most rare though.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Location: Trying to find something stupid enough to say to get me a new custom rank.

Postby pkbrennan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:53 pm

You know exactly what to do with your Chicken Man:

Need I say more? :studgod:

pkbrennan
Cannon Fodder

Postby Bragallot » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:46 pm

Sadly I don't have any dynamite :(

He's worth the laughs he's given me so far though, and I have a very good idea on how to use him... muahahaha :twisted:
Bragallot
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to Bricks