Skiing

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Skiing

Postby Killer Karetsu » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:51 pm

So it is our week of winter holiday now here in Finland (has been for half a week) and it is also generally called the "skiing vacation" because normally at the time the weather is very good for the hobby and many people also go to lapland and northern Finland skiing and doing other various winter sports.
I've gone skiing quite a lot too, actually before Saturnalia for the first time this...I mean last year. Anyway, I'm interested that how many of you have actually gone skiing in some point of your life? Has there even been snow for that to be possible, or have you traveled abroad? Have you also played hockey?

If it actually IS possible RIGHT NOW for you to go skiing, and you have the equipment (two skis and two uh...staffs/sticks/staves as well as proper shoes/boots,snow) then here are some motivational pictures to get you to a proper winter war skiing spirit!

NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!
Killer Karetsu
Mega Blok

Re: Skiing

Postby Ben-Jammin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:34 pm

I want to go skiing with a gas mask on like Bonn-o-Tron.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby Insert_blank » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:44 pm

I haven't been in about 5 or 6 years but I used to go skiing every winter maybe 3 or 4 times. That was in the North Eastern US so we have mountains that indeed have snow. There are also snow machines that can make more snow.

My housemate went skiing this past week in North/Middle Eastern China and showed me some pictures. There was barely a hill so I think I'll probably have to pass on that.

I remember maybe 8 years ago I went with some friends for night skiing and there was one trail that was basically a single-file line curving between trees. We all went right after one another as fast as we could and the guy in front wiped out, taking the rest of us with him. It took us a long time to find all the poles and skis after that :D
月にかわってお仕置きよ!
月の光は愛のメセジ
Insert_blank
Minifig

Postby Zupponn » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:05 pm

Never been downhill skiing, but I've enjoyed a lot of cross-country skiing. Also, I have played ice hockey, both in a rink and on a lake (and on the NES :lol: ). Since I live in Wisconsin, I am knee deep in snow about 13 months a year.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby Keldoclock » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:36 pm

I have went skiing about three times, had to drive for a few hours to Vermont to do it, lots of fun, and I get to spend a day with my father. Maybe I'll get my own skis someday, but that's pretty far down on the list of camping gear- a 4-season tent and snowshoes would certainly be a higher priority.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby Kalvinator » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:59 pm

At my school, in 4th and 5th grade the field trip right before Saturnalia break was to go skiing, so I've gone twice. It was pretty fun, and I'd probably go again if the opportunity presented itself. But, no I haven't played hockey, even though its the big thing at my school and our team goes to state fairly often.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby Alex » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:13 am

For someone who only gets to go skiing once every few years, I consider myself a pretty good skiier.
Alex
Dimmy

Postby Semaj Nagirrac » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:22 am

Snowboard + Park City, Utah + Olympic Quality Snow = Much Happy Fun Time.

Hyva hyva!
SIR_WHO wrote:Making Semaj angry is like inviting several bears to come and chill in your house, while you have steaks tied to yourself.
Semaj Nagirrac
Dimmy

Postby Silverdream » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:48 am

I go skiing a few times a year, because I live near some of the most beautiful mountains in North America.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Insert_blank » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:41 am

^ But you don't even live in America? :???:
月にかわってお仕置きよ!
月の光は愛のメセジ
Insert_blank
Minifig

Postby Killer Karetsu » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:45 am

Happy to hear that it is so popular amongst us!
Maybe we should make a brikwarriors skiing trip someday :) !

Insert_blank wrote:remember maybe 8 years ago I went with some friends for night skiing and there was one trail that was basically a single-file line curving between trees. We all went right after one another as fast as we could and the guy in front wiped out, taking the rest of us with him. It took us a long time to find all the poles and skis after that :D

Yeah, that has happened to me and my friends quite a lot :D (not during night, though, which was good we could find our equipment much much easier)
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!
Killer Karetsu
Mega Blok

Postby Silverdream » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:41 am

Insert_blank wrote:^ But you don't even live in America? :???:

North America refers to the continent.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby pkbrennan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:33 am

At primary school I did a ten week skiing course at a dry slope (one evening a week), and then towards the end of my time at boarding school I did a week-long skiing trip to Romania, up in the mountains around Poina Brasnov in January 1989.
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."
pkbrennan
Cannon Fodder

Return to General Discussion