Mechanized Slaughter

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

crimsonanarch
Demi-God of BrikWars

Mechanized Slaughter

Post by crimsonanarch » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:47 am

Hi guys,

This was my second Brikwars game ever!, although i must admit, when i say Brikwars, it was more of "read the rules a couple of times, promptly forgot, and then made up some shit."

My childhood best friend was over from NZ, so after spending a couple of days making stuff, it was time to break it all :)

There were about ~16 vehicles on each side, and about 50 to 60 minifigs as well. (we didn't count, so i think i snuck a few more in there :) I used some random buildings and some civilian vehicles to create the 'town'. The green and tan baseplates are supposed to be water :)

It took us about 8 hours to finish this battle. We started around 10pm, went on till about 5 in the morning :studgod: and then finished up the next day

Here are a few photos, there is a link to an imgur folder http://imgur.com/a/HmWjl. Taking photos was kinda a low priority tho, so there were quite a few crucial moments that were not captured :( About half of these photos were taken with a phone, so quality is mixed.

My army.

His Army.

Destruction

In the end i won, primarily because of those few extra minifigs. I also used mediks to put people back together, while Zac used them as vehicle drivers :roll: Sorry Zac.

pkbrennan
Minifig

Re: Mechanized Slaughter

Post by pkbrennan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:30 am

I particularly like the big yellow thing in the top right of the first picture. It looks like it can do serious damage.

There is something fun about taking a bunch of random constructs for a game like this, which is different to having nicely uniformed armies. It looks more chaotic, kinda like Mad Max of Lego...
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Nice way to introduce yourself to the forums, though I wish there was more pictures.
crimsonanarch wrote:although i must admit, when i say Brikwars, it was more of "read the rules a couple of times, promptly forgot, and then made up some shit."
This is half of what Brikwars is all about, don't feel bad.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:16 pm

:sparta:
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:47 pm

:666:

This battle looked amazing, I always do love mechanized carnage. How long did it take, though? I eventually had to stop doing big mechanized battles because just rolling all the dice involved was tedious.

Some of these vehicles look cool -- you should do an Armory post about them. Especially the big yellow one, which probably qualifies for Superheavy Death Tank status.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Welcome! You're at home here, if that's what your army looks like.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Welcome to the forum!...And all those vehicles are awesome!

Brikboyz
Officer

Post by Brikboyz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Kalvinator wrote:Welcome to the forum!...And all those vehicles are awesome!
:godwin:
Too many bricks, never enough time.

bluebright
Officer

Post by bluebright » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Let's hear it for aus!

I'm not quite sure what 'it' is...

crimsonanarch
Demi-God of BrikWars

Post by crimsonanarch » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:50 am

Hey thanks guys for the warm welcome.
Nice way to introduce yourself to the forums, though I wish there was more pictures.
Next time i will be much better in terms of taking photos. Also, my photographer(my brother) decided he didn't want to stay up till 5 in the morning :fist:
This battle looked amazing, I always do love mechanized carnage. How long did it take, though? I eventually had to stop doing big mechanized battles because just rolling all the dice involved was tedious.

Some of these vehicles look cool -- you should do an Armory post about them. Especially the big yellow one, which probably qualifies for Superheavy Death Tank status.
This took 8 hours, so yeah, kinda long. If I have time next week I will do an Armoury Post, although i have changed some of these vehicles, and i need to think up a good backstory lol.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:16 am

crimsonanarch wrote:This took 8 hours, so yeah, kinda long. If I have time next week I will do an Armoury Post, although i have changed some of these vehicles, and i need to think up a good backstory lol.
Wow, the longest battle I've ever staged was about two and a half hours. I could never have that kind of patience.

darkpaladin
Officer

Post by darkpaladin » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:21 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:
crimsonanarch wrote:This took 8 hours, so yeah, kinda long. If I have time next week I will do an Armoury Post, although i have changed some of these vehicles, and i need to think up a good backstory lol.
Wow, the longest battle I've ever staged was about two and a half hours. I could never have that kind of patience.
In long battles I always stretch or run around (but still in sight of the table) when it's not my turn, it calms you down and distracts your opponents in one fell swoop :twisted: