San Diego players!

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:19 pm

Make 20% of the troop snipers. They are extremely useful when you are the defending team.

(Go check my snipers' rule)
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:19 pm

he says that he's got plenty of minis/weapons, but we'll see. Depending on what he's got, we're going to either have a never-ending campaign, or a bunch of random battles.

I forget which sets i talked with him about getting. I know i mentioned the agents line and exo-force (they make excellent bodies for color-coordinated teams in space), but i for sure mentioned brikarms and indiana jones.

I don't think our first brikwars battles are going to have any vehicles unless there's one jeep just sitting around in the middle of the field. later on we'll go vehicle heavy, but minis before.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:01 am

San Diego's within spitting distance of Carlsbad, if you got this thing off the ground I wonder if you could rope some Legoland employees into your club.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:32 pm

Rayhawk wrote:San Diego's within spitting distance of Carlsbad, if you got this thing off the ground I wonder if you could rope some Legoland employees into your club.
we talked about that, actually. he considered going up to Carlsbad with fliers getting random people interested in brikwars, but looking back in retrospect the non-fun lego employees will prooobably get pissed, and i doubt either of us have time to go to carlsbad and stand around with fliers.

or if we do have the time, we'll just spend it sitting around doing nothing

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:17 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Rayhawk wrote:San Diego's within spitting distance of Carlsbad, if you got this thing off the ground I wonder if you could rope some Legoland employees into your club.
we talked about that, actually. he considered going up to Carlsbad with fliers getting random people interested in brikwars, but looking back in retrospect the non-fun lego employees will prooobably get pissed, and i doubt either of us have time to go to carlsbad and stand around with fliers.

Does not compute.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Post by ahp77 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:13 pm

Blitzen wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:

Does not compute.
That's simply because you're close-minded. Knowing this, I have (just for fun) decided to join The Dimmies. This way I can learn of thier culture and society. (It's not like you were going to let me in that non-dimmie group in the next 250 years anyways. I'm also probably going to find much chaos in there; so much, in fact, that I will most likely leave the group in a week.)

Blitzen

Post by Blitzen » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:16 pm

There's a difference between employees and fans. Those Dimies will never get a job at LEGO in a million years. I, however, might.

Also, I, contrary to popular belief, am fun.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Post by ahp77 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:21 pm

only when Bonn-O-Tron comes up with the idea

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:20 pm

i mean the guys who view lego as a product and work for it and take their jobs way too seriously, without stepping back to realize that their entire corporate empire is based upon inch-tall plastic yellow men. they tend to do things like "lawsuits".

Blitzen

Post by Blitzen » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:32 pm

IVhorseman wrote:i mean the guys who view lego as a product and work for it and take their jobs way too seriously, without stepping back to realize that their entire corporate empire is based upon inch-tall plastic yellow men. they tend to do things like "lawsuits".
Some are peach, and they're closer to 2".

Sorry. I'm being very negative today.

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:50 pm

You may be negative, but you're not as annoying as some people
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Post by ahp77 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:49 am

Bonn-o-Tron wrote:You may be negative, but you're not as annoying as some people
Don't worry, I'm off for a week to conduct some research on dimmies; and I may never return! If I do, however, I'm posting my research on a thread in general discussion (just a fair warning).

Professor Fairfield
Hero

Post by Professor Fairfield » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:41 pm

So an update to this situation: The dream IVHorseman and I discussed met with substantial resistance. Because I live in a tiny apartment on campus and he commutes, the original idea was to keep both our brick collections at his house. This plan proved impractical because it turned out his parents weren't thrilled with the concept of there being even more of a mess at their house.

I, too, ran up against resistance thanks to the UCSD student activities staff being run by some dickheads biased in favor of people who already are frivolous social schmucks, and as such, only allow advertising by people who already run clubs, and only allow people to start clubs after they know three other people. Since the only way I'm going to get to know three other UCSD students who are interested (if they even exist) is by advertising, I'm somewhat screwed into a catch-22 until I can get this stupid policy reversed.

I'm going to try College Confidential to see what comes up. Meanwhile, for anyone applicable, I'm still willing to pursue a San Diego battle outside of UCSD, and I'm sure IVHorseman is, too, but we'd need to be provided with storage.
The difference between Autism and Optimism? Autism is a mental disorder; Optimism is a SEVERE one.