BrikWiki

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Re: BrikWiki

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:18 pm

No shit? Why didn't I know that? Research time.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:27 pm

I don't want to do black/gray/smoke transparent for stoners as a base. It can definitely be a variant (even though I don't personally "get it," I can still laugh at some David Cross stand-up like anyone else) but, compared to the others, is too specific a theme for a basic concept. OT gets away with it because its "mythical" and just really, really cool.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby pkbrennan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Hmm I see your point. How is smoke transparent usually used in game? I have only ever seen it as windshields. Maybe it's an anti-yellow transparent?
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."
pkbrennan
Cannon Fodder

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Yeah, I see it in tinted windows and visors. That's where I'm stuck. I already used that device in Clear.

It could be an anti-matter color though...
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Colette » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:Yeah, I see it in tinted windows and visors. That's where I'm stuck. I already used that device in Clear.

It could be an anti-matter color though...

Shadowscythe is the number one in antimatter, and he says it's trans-blue.
Lego Company wrote:...At the same time, the purpose is for the LEGO brand not to be associated with issues that glorify conflicts and unethical or harmful behavior...

:belushi:
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Damn.

Although, that's good to know. I can put that under Blue variants. Can you elaborate any more?

Also, "Ensanity." Is this just a brik spelling? Is there anything special about it, aside from the obvious "its what keeps a minifig's mind together?"
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Zupponn » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:51 pm

I always felt that Green Transparent was a very common material in the Brikverse, with the only problem being that nobody knew how to make it useful before the ZMC. Or maybe just commonly found in asteroids would work too?

I personally am not a fan of the Interactions with other Transparent Elements sections as I feel that they become restricting to possible future builders. I think they go into too much detail and would be better left out.

Also, I'm not sure if we should really have anything written for Trans-clear materials that haven't been given a purpose on the forums yet.

Orange Transparent - Obvious, OTC. Most important.
Blue Transparent - Prussians
Clear Transparent - Nothing, Exclude
Green Transparent - ZMC
Pink Transparent - Nothing, Exclude
Purple Transparent - Nothing, Exclude
Rainbow Transparent - Drugs
Red Transparent - RIN
Smoke Transparent - Nothing, Exclude
Yellow Transparent - Peesaber
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby Colette » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 am

I echo Zupponn's sentiments and think we should leave a little bit of creative room for future members. Except Pink Transparent does have a clear purpose- as stuff Fiends use.

Apple Incoporated would like to trademark clear transparent, aluminum, the color white and rounded rectangles.
Lego Company wrote:...At the same time, the purpose is for the LEGO brand not to be associated with issues that glorify conflicts and unethical or harmful behavior...

Colette

Postby Colette » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:16 am

EDIT: You should probably make a new antimatter page instead.

Also, for quantum, here are some pics of antimatter being used.

This is a generator/power room for a Mammoth-class walking Scythian super tank. The two bottom ones power massive antimatter-projector weapons, signature Scythian implements of mayhem. They basically fire pure, directed antimatter at enemy targets. (Picture of SHDT with antimatter projectors)

The back round thing is a Scythian antimatter generator. All the bits and bobs are transparent parts showing flowing antimatter underneath.

Antimatter taken to its logical extreme- in weapons that catalyze supernovas.

The Scythians are the uncontested masters of antimatter, using it for power, weaponry, propulsion, etc. In my canon they have a huge conglomerate called AMScythia that exports the great majority of antimatter to the rest of the brikverse.

It's possible that there are other types of antimatter in the brikverse, but they are more expensive than the blue (I'm assuming) anti-hydrogen and are generally restricted to scientific research. The Trattorians also have other blue-transparent particles called neutrinas, but I plan on making another page for that.

Colette

Postby lorbaat » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:28 am

Colette wrote:I echo Zupponn's sentiments and think we should leave a little bit of creative room for future members.

Oh don't worry. Anyone who feels restricted by what the wiki says wasn't that creative to begin with.
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:30 am

I completely disagree. (This is going to come off as shitty but it isn't meant to be.) The current setup allows for infinite expansion. Limiting the Transparents to what people have come up with on the forums is what restricts creativity. Newbies come to the concept thinking that the colors are "already taken." That's just really dumb, especially since there hasn't been a whole hell of a lot of differentiation between certain elements. The current schema gives an overview of the most basic elemental form (for folks who don't want to think about it or don't care) while the variants give players the option to expand or completely change the idea and make it their own.

Take a look at Red. If I say that they are only RIN Refined, then I lose out on all that shit I created about the Sanguine Brotherhood and RT as blood, which is a good joke because its what people use to represent blood in battle reports. And someone else may have an even better idea that has nothing to do with the "radioactive" properties of Base RT but won't be able to post because RM "got there first." Which, of course, flies completely in the face of the entire canon concept.

Did the same with Pink, by the way, creating two versions of it that are similar but still different (femininity doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Friendship).

As for Green, I based the entire concept off of the ZMC article. This element is the most common Transparent in the verse. At first blush, its completely useless. Then the ZMC come along and figure out, hey, if you add energy, this shit becomes more powerful. They refine the process and set about enforcing control over every GT deposit they can set their hands on like Bonn-o-Tron. By the time anyone else figures out what the hell is going on (because let's face it, its really silly to assume ZMC could keep the secret forever and ever) ZMC already has a monopoly. Anyone who wants it must now fight the mining company for it (which is WAY more interesting, BrikWars speaking).

And as to the Combos, I did note that they were mere examples...you could do whatever you wanted with them as well...
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:31 am

lorbaat wrote:Oh don't worry. Anyone who feels restricted by what the wiki says wasn't that creative to begin with.

Agreed. Totally.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:33 am

Colette wrote:antimatter being used.

Good Stuff. Thanks.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Zupponn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:35 am

Sorry, I didn't mean that you should just get rid of everything except Prussian Blue, ZMC GT, etc., I meant that we should leave the already used colors how they are, but the ones that haven't been used yet blank until the time comes that someone else finds a purpose for them.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:39 am

Ok, good. But nah, I've already come up with a use for them. Even added a nifty little bit of canon about the end of time that is peripherally attached to Blue. And the Sanguine Brotherhood organization for Red. Plus, like I said, the basic explanations will do for people who want something to reference but don't want to bother creating that aspect themselves. I've seen that a few times here as new players are constantly befuddled by our messy canon. Wouldn't be SO bad, I don't think, if the forum had a better search, you know? So the wiki is a great way to provide folks with a beginning referential.

Edit: I went back through and adjusted the language so it would be more obvious that these were only options. I can see your point that they seemed too restrictive before and that's the opposite impression I wished to give.

Edit edit: I also added a paragraph at the top explaining. Actually rounds it out, so thanks.
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion