Cult of the Cake

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Cult of the Cake

Post by Swordsalmon » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:05 pm

Within the galaxy, a mysterious cult spreads! First appearing on a Dimmy-controlled planet, an addiction for cake and other sweets quickly overtakes its people. These addicted Dimmies became even more violent and stupider than their predicessors. Forming the Cult of the Cake, these vile beings spread throughout the galaxy, bringing many more minifigures under the addiction...

Standard cultists. This particular group numbers 100. Cultists of the Cake are violent, numerous, and utterly insane.

The cultist up front carries the LINTOSH-XP HOME EDITION. She is a signalling beacon that urges the cultists to do actions on her behalf, promising them that there will be cake. The cultist that carries LINTOSH-XP HOME EDITION is transformed into the Champion of the Cake and is granted incredible power to perform anything necessary to spread the cake.

Among the first races conquered by the cult were the nefarious Fiends. Evil to the core, these minidolls purposely surrendered their will to the cake to continue their wicked plots. The Fiends rituatally set their heads on fire to emulate Manly Santa Day cakes. Though far more intelligent and independant than the standard cultists, Fiends are usually used to haul heavy loads and provide insidious designs from their homeworld for the cause.

I have no idea who these guys are or what their deal is, but they're pretty awesome.

Ice cream mortars. Armed with HD (Highly Delicious) cake rounds, these mortars provide essential indirect fire to the cause. If necessary, the operator can attach and fire a fellow cultist.

This fiendish foliage is known as the Watching Tree. Hailing from the Fiend's homeworld, this evil and presumably perverted tree utilizes psychic powers and its fire fruits to vanquish its enemies.

This mechanical device is the Iron Donut. Designed to project the will of LINTOSH-XP HOME EDITION, the donut features both delicious sprinkles and a massive eye.

That's all I have for now. They were originally supposed to be more bakery-themed, but everything keeps turning out into these eldritch abombinations. Case in point; the Iron Donut. ;)
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: Cult of the Cake

Post by Silverdream » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Awesome, but do they have to have the same hair and head? Is that just for lack of parts?
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:48 pm

awesome great army man. Still what happened to weapons
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:19 pm

I thought it'd be more amusing (And affordable!) to keep them all alike. I do plan on equipping them with brooms or something; just have to make time to put in a Bricklink order.
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:14 am

Very awesome army. You've done a great job of working with the theme. For weapons, you should look into giving them cooking utensils. Pots, pans, ladels, knives, the butcher's cleaver, and maybe have a couple of them carry a cauldron into battle. Who knows what kind of mayhem you can create with a cauldron? They could bake cake monsters or something, which would be pretty awesome.
Swordsalmon wrote:I have no idea who these guys are or what their deal is, but they're pretty awesome.
Yes, they are, but they look more like Brikthulu cultists than Cake cultists.

Also, the cake is a lie. (I just had to)

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:13 am

Ice cream mortars.
:ftw:
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:23 am

Actually, I can see this as becoming quite a themed army with a little more work to it. I will keep an eye on this one... :tiger:
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cakeman » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:23 am

Yes, yeeeesssss..

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:57 am

Cakeman wrote:Yes, yeeeesssss..
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?